PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts to rest top players

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still don't have the win streak record, just the regular season record. But the Patriots have gone unbeaten longer than any team.

They have the longest unbeaten streak in NFL history.

the colts need to keep their foot on the pedal.....if they take it off, they'll never get going again

i can't recall the year, maybe 2003, indy let denver win a late season game against them, then murdered them in the playoffs

the colts need to keep their foot on the pedal.....if they take it off, they'll never get going again

I agree. they'd be kidding themselves if they admit they should rest. To me, Poian and Dungy are saying this so that their next opponent will be more relaxed thinking some players won't be in there.

I heard Polian and Dungy say this on Sunday night countdown.

I guess they will let the Rats win their game. Didn't they let the Titans win a game like this a few years back.

First of all, Dungy has no say in the matter any longer. (Thank God). Second, the latest that we in Indy have heard from Polian is that any decision to rest the starters will be made "well beyond Thursday's game". He has hinted that they will rest, but he has not said either way. Peyton has more say in this than a lot of people realize. I could see Addai and others that are injury prone getting less reps, but I don't see the starters sitting out until January.

Re: Colts to rest top players

No way they don't go for the perfect season. No way. Manning's ego won't allow it.

This is the correct answer. NO CHANCE IN HELL they rest players so long as the chance for a perfect season is alive. NONE.

Are you kidding? They have been in this position a couple of times before and they tanked the last 2 or 3 games.

Their starters should be nice and rusty come mid January when the Patriots roll into the Drum.

They haven't been in this situation before and tanked.

The last two times they were in an "undefeated late in the season" situation, they came out WITH ALL THEIR STARTERs, got their asses handed to them by San Diego and Seattle, and then sat the starters in the 4th quarter.

Smart by the Colts. Let's face it, the Patriots playing to their potential scares opponents, we've simply been a disjointed unit this entire season. Give teams in the mix the chance if the Patriots slip up as well as minimizing risk to their own in dead rubber matches of a regular season which means very little.

I can't criticize the Colts at all if they do indeed carry this mantra.

I'm very confused as to what the patriots "potential" is this particular season.

I'm very confused as to what the patriots "potential" is this particular season.

The Patriots have the offensive talent to hurt the Colts (I spoke to a Colts fan here who admitted that fact and hoped not to see the Pats again), but lacked the defense. The defense may not be suffering from personnel/talent issues as much as it has been suffering from a lack of execution on the field. The game against the Colts offered a first-hand view of what can be viewed as an explosive/implosive team. If the implosive aspects are limited, the Patriots can be dangerous. We'll see over the next three weeks if any progress can be made in that regard, and if some of the injured players can get back to a reasonable degree of health.

Potential represents the best case scenario. A team may or may not achieve its potential, so we'll see what this one does.

Last edited:

Nah! They have had a shot at a perfect season before and rested players. The Colts' philosophy is to rest players so they can lose momentum and have an early exit from the playoffs.

Aaaaand the resting of players begins? :D

29 Colts show up on injury report | ProFootballTalk.com

The list comes less than a day after team president Bill Polian vowed to rest all injured players during the coming three-week postseason preseason, and on the same day that coach Jim Caldwell said he only would hold players out of Thursday night's game if there is a "health issue."

So, as of Monday, there's a "health issue" with Joseph Addai, Gary Brackett, Raheem Brock, Donald Brown, Melvin Bullitt, Keyunta Dawson, Kyle DeVan, Ryan Diem, Eric Foster, Aaron Francisco, Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalez, Kelvin Hayden, Tim Jennings, Charlie Johnson Jacob Lacey, Peyton Manning, Robert Mathis, Dan Muir, Jerraud Powers, Jamey Richard, Tom Santi, Clint Session, Chad Simpson, Tony Ugoh, Adam Vinatieri, and Reggie Wayne.

You can do better than that. How about first round exit sad but true this team doesn't have the desire it once did

NEM ... :confused2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes