PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts look good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colts always look good early. At home they're in a dome, on the road the weather is usually good. They slow down as the year goes on, and with the exception of that run in 2006 they're never as threatening late as they are in September.

The Colts don't "slow down" as the year goes on. They've averaged 4 losses for how long now? And almost every year 1 of them is the last game where they don't play the starters.

Last year they went into the POs with a 9 game win streak. How is that "slowing down"? The year before we started off 7-0 and then lost two straight, then won out except for the last game where we didn't play our starters. So again, where is the slowing down? In 2006, the only year I can remember them struggling late they won the SB. So where do you come up with these "factoids"?

The Colts are good. Like I've been saying, anyone who was writing them off is in for a rude awakening. They have weaknesses just like any other team, but right now who is playing better? I'd take the Colts over any team in the AFC.

And right now Manning is on fire and playing the best ball in the league. The key is if we can get healthy, especially Bob "DNP" Sanders.

Coltsies are tough. Manning has the head of a horse but his quick reads and accurate passing are going to be tough to beat.

Maybe BB has some strategy for it. Also if they blitz a lot Brady so far hasn't been able to shake his jitters regarding that.

Maybe it would be best for Brady to take some sacks and see that his knee holds up OK so he loses his fear?

the colts, ravens, steelers, chargers, and jets r the ones who worry me a bit in the afc...we r capable of beating all of them obviously...giants, saints, and vikings in the nfc...if we hook up we r goin to the superbowl or afc championship, if not we dont, simple as that...i would say the vikings, colts, giants, saints, and ravens worry me the most...

superbowl
pats/colts/ravens vs. giants/saints
right now i'd say colts look the best, but having said that, man.....arizona kept turning the ball over in the red zone last night, totally changing the landscape of that game, and if ginn could catch.......colts could be 2-1 right now (or worse if jags don't f up)

so while the colts are playing the best, i don't see ANY team right now who is firing on all cylinders, not even New Orleans

and my chargers could be 1-2 if not for a nice comeback week 1, and 3-0 if they had a brain in the red zone

Last edited:
The Colts don't "slow down" as the year goes on. They've averaged 4 losses for how long now? And almost every year 1 of them is the last game where they don't play the starters.

Last year they went into the POs with a 9 game win streak. How is that "slowing down"? The year before we started off 7-0 and then lost two straight, then won out except for the last game where we didn't play our starters. So again, where is the slowing down? In 2006, the only year I can remember them struggling late they won the SB. So where do you come up with these "factoids"?

The Colts are good. Like I've been saying, anyone who was writing them off is in for a rude awakening. They have weaknesses just like any other team, but right now who is playing better? I'd take the Colts over any team in the AFC.

And right now Manning is on fire and playing the best ball in the league. The key is if we can get healthy, especially Bob "DNP" Sanders.
that's not true ...... in peyton's 10 year career, the colts have only lost the last regular season game 3 times, and one of those times was his rookie season when he played the full game

The reason no one fears the Colts is because they haven't proven they can consistently beat good teams when the playoffs come around. They are like the Braves of the 90s or the Yankees of the 21st century...dominate the regular season, early exit in the playoffs. And until they win another Super Bowl or two, they will have this label and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be on the website of the team that has won 3 SBs.

Re: Colts look good

The Colts are going to get killed going up against any team that actually commits to the run game and takes away the big play.

I disagree. The Colts are about the best in football in keeping drives moving with the short passes. They don't need to get their yardage in 30+ chunks. They'll happy take 5-15 at a shot on passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back