PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Colts CB Marlin Jackson out for season with ACL torn in practice Wednesday

You guys don't know Marlin Jackson? He's the guy that clinched the 2006 AFC championship game with that INT. He's a very good cb. Him and Bethea are solid components to that secondary.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Colts Marlin Jackson out for season with ACL injury

Yeah, all of them, thanks to a local Boston feed via satellite.

Thanks for the rundown. Interesting stuff.

No problem. For a refresher on Marlin go back and watch the last 2 minutes of the 2006 AFCC.

You guys don't know Marlin Jackson? He's the guy that clinched the 2006 AFC championship game with that INT. He's a very good cb. Him and Bethea are solid components to that secondary.

I want to believe that myself but I don't think a team that is as soft and bad on defense as Houston can beat the Colts. You need a tough, smashmouth physical team that can find a way to keep Manning in check. The Niners did it and almost won. The Dolphins kept him off the field and almost won. No one else has really done either of those this year and, consequently, no one has come close.

Your defense kept them off the field by letting them score in under 3 minutes on every drive.

Funny people never seem to mention this when they talk about that game. :confused:

Houston has always played the Colts tough for some reason. So it wouldn't be that huge an upset. Schaub and Johnson are a good combo. And the Texans have been playing well this year. Can they beat the Colts? They've got a shot. Particularly if their D can get to Peyton.

yea, but itll be the first game w/o owen daniels, the most targeted TE in the league....theyll have to get over that at the same time

Re: OT: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

Our DBs are good, but when you give a good QB (i.e. Orton) in the NFL all the time in the world, it's not going to matter how good your DBs are.
Bull****. Go back to 2001, re-watch the Superbowl, and tell me it didn't matter who was in our secondary.

If you have a great secondary, it forces the quarterback to throw into tighter and tighter spots. I don't care who the quarterback is. If you force them to throw into a tighter space, you increase the chance of a mistake, an interception, or an incomplete pass.

And if you hit receivers hard all game, and beat them up at the line of scrimmage, they'll start dropping more and more balls--as they did in '01, as they did in the Ravens game.

The secondary is absolutely an important aspect of pass defense. In fact, I'd say it's more important than the overrated mantra of a pass rush. All you need is decent pressure if you have great coverage downfield, because you'll have more time to get to the QB.

Wide receivers are matched up with defensive backs. Not linebackers. Not defensive ends. They can take five steps to get open, or fifteen. It depends solely on the skill of a team's secondary.

Belichick knows this, and that's why he drafted four defensive backs in the last two years.

It's common sense.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Colts CB Marlin Jackson out for season with ACL torn in practice Wednesday

NAILS.... Losing a top CB so early... can't say I sympathize though.

-Your Problem.

Just don't use it as an excuse when we win :)

You should be, has been a good time to be a Boston Area fan.

1 is not good enough, I would love more however I can be thankful for what I have :)

As you should be. I would have killed for 1 in 2000. Don't let yourself get pulled into this stupid pissing contest.

As you should be. I would have killed for 1 in 2000. Don't let yourself get pulled into this stupid pissing contest.

I thought he was handling himself rather nicely. Most fans wouldve started p*ssing right back.

I always hate when i log in and see a colts/pats thread. It usually ends up 20 pages of who has the better qb. :rolleyes: and there's just no need to argue that point. Babe Parilli was clearly better than that guy the colts had back then. I cant remember his name, but he sucked pretty bad :D

I thought he was handling himself rather nicely. Most fans wouldve started p*ssing right back.

I always hate when i log in and see a colts/pats thread. It usually ends up 20 pages of who has the better qb. :rolleyes: and there's just no need to argue that point. Babe Parilli was clearly better than that guy the colts had back then. I cant remember his name, but he sucked pretty bad :D

You're right. mystrymaster may not be a great speller but he seems like a good guy.

Didn't he also have a pick six in the SuperBowl that year that put the game out of reach for the Bears. I wonder how much depth the Colts have in the secondary? Any Colts fans care to share some insight?

I am not a Colts fan (I hate them) but i watched that Superbowl and i remember the play.

It was Kelvin Hayden who did it.

Last edited:

You're right. mystrymaster may not be a great speller but he seems like a good guy.

Is that a shot on the name? lol

It was my dogs name mystry not mystery say them aloud and you will hear the difference, and since i was her master, that's where the tag came from.

I have actually been enjoying myself over here, It is similiar to a lot of the pats fans we have on our boards as long as you talk football and not be a huge homer all will be okay.

The Colts also lost their starting corner back, Marlin Jackson, for the rest of the year with a torn ACL. He tore it on the last play of Wednesday's no cotact practice.

As long as Peyton is upright, the Colts will be an SB contender, just as with the Pats, as long as Brady is healthy, they will contend.

Word. The Colts are about 3 players, Manning, Wayne and Clark. They will score points if they're on the field in a dome

This is a game where Maroney will HAVE to play well

Is that a shot on the name? lol

It was my dogs name mystry not mystery say them aloud and you will hear the difference, and since i was her master, that's where the tag came from.

I have actually been enjoying myself over here, It is similiar to a lot of the pats fans we have on our boards as long as you talk football and not be a huge homer all will be okay.

I was, but I was just kidding.

I have a couple of dogs that are my masters too.

Word. The Colts are about 3 players, Manning, Wayne and Clark. They will score points if they're on the field in a dome

This is a game where Maroney will HAVE to play well

Right, and those three have been feasting on a Patriot's depleted sub-par secondary for the past few seasons. Let's see how they do against a younger and faster secondary now.

Right, and those three have been feasting on a Patriot's depleted sub-par secondary for the past few seasons. Let's see how they do against a younger and faster secondary now.

That will be the big matchup, will the speed of the youngers secondaries be able to overcome the inexperience.

Will Peyton be able to atake advantage of their inexperience or will their speed catch him off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes