PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts Fans in Full Meltdown Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I dont get is the Fire Jim Caldwell thread. I dont think we wanted BB's head after SB 42 correct?
I would have been really angry if BB pulled Brady at the half of our week 16 game and we lost it. Are you kidding me? No, we didn't win the superbowl, but if when we were 14-0 Brady had been pulled and we lost, this board would have melted down.

I don't blame the Colts fans one bit. I think most here would be really really angry had BB done that. I know there were a couple guys here who said we should deliberately lose a game to take the pressure off, but 99.99% of us wanted the undefeated season.

I really sympathize with Colts fans tonight. They were screwed by their FO/coaches.

I would have been really angry if BB pulled Brady at the half of our week 16 game and we lost it. Are you kidding me? No, we didn't win the superbowl, but if when we were 14-0 Brady had been pulled and we lost, this board would have melted down.

I don't blame the Colts fans one bit. I think most here would be really really angry had BB done that. I know there were a couple guys here who said we should deliberately lose a game to take the pressure off, but 99.99% of us wanted the undefeated season.

I really sympathize with Colts fans tonight. They were screwed by their FO/coaches.

I don't sympathize with them one bit. I hate the Colts. However, I do know where they are coming from as I would act exactly the same if we were in their situation. Personally? I think every Colts fan that attended that game today should get a refund. That won't happen, of course. But it would only be fair.

Someone mentioned the Jets were giving them a hard time even before Manning got pulled. True?

The Colts rollover is no mystery they lack heart. They were scared by the pressure. The Pats had a shot and they wanted it, and if "get paid" had caught that interception the Pats would have done it. The colts grabbed their knees because they were afraid to fail.

What I dont get is the Fire Jim Caldwell thread. I dont think we wanted BB's head after SB 42 correct?

It wasn't Bills first season with the team

at this point Caldwell isn't a major fixture on their team. It's not like he is the master who has been scheming for some time to build this dominant team

That's why they are screaming for his head. I'll bet if Dungy was in his place they'd be pissed but the firing threads wouldn't exist

Someone mentioned the Jets were giving them a hard time even before Manning got pulled. True?

Meh

Colts were going to win the game imo

Sanchez is just too bad

I don't know if "hard time" is accurate. The Colts D was playing well, though the Jets bizarro blocking scheme of "Let's not block Freeney at all on passing attempts. Maybe he'll be paralyzed with confusion" (this happened at least twice) certainly helped.

The Colts offense was not as sharp as usual. They moved the ball, but there were some uncharacteristic drops and Manning overthrew some open receivers, which you don't see very often. The Jets D could have played a role in that, but, on the overthrows, it didn't seem like Manning was pressured that much.

To me, it seemed like the timing was just slightly off for the Colts passing game. I'm not sure if keeping them out of live competition for 2 more weeks is going to help things. I sure hope not. :)

The Jets were only down five. On the drive prior to Painter's appearance, the Jets had driven the ball from their own 20 to a 3rd and 3 on the Colts 39 before Sanchez became the victim of another blown play by the O-line, when Freeney came in unblocked. People acting as if there was no doubt that the Colts would have won with Manning under center weren't paying attention to the game.

I really like this thread. Just like I really like it when the Colts lose.

Can't say I was happy to see the Jets do it, but it was nice to see the Colts lose. 18-1 is still worse, but 14-1 on a gutless move by the Colts' brass has to sting.

Why is there a meltdown? They are the #1 seed

If you actually beleive this, your have no clue as to the essance of sport.

Well put. I hate the Dolts with a serious passion, but you can't help feeling bad for them in this case.

Reason 7625 why I love BB. He'd never pull this, never contimplate it. It's one thing to lay it on the line and lose. It's altogether another to not lay it on the line at all.

Even if they go on to win the SB, this will forever taint this season. They will ALWAYS ask themselves "what if". AS we all know. That's a sh!tty place to be.

Last edited:
If you actually beleive this, your have no clue as to the essance of sport.

Well put. I hate the Dolts with a serious passion, but you can't help feeling bad for them in this case.

Reason 7625 why I love BB. He'd never pull this, never contimplate it. It's one thing to lay it on the line and lose. It's altogether another to not lay it on the line at all.

Even if they go on to win the SB, this will forever taint this season. They will ALWAYS ask themselves "what if". AS we all know. That's a sh!tty place to be.

SB is everything. If Colts go 18-1 this will be of little consequence.

I know if the patriots lost week 17 in meadowlands and then won the sb, I could forgive them.

I think long term impact is on Caldwell.

Next regular season when he asks the team to pull together in the 4th down by 15 and push hard to pull out a comeback; ARENT THEY ALL GOING TO GO ... WHAT FOR????

Can't say I was happy to see the Jets do it, but it was nice to see the Colts lose. 18-1 is still worse, but 14-1 on a gutless move by the Colts' brass has to sting.
The only thing better than 14-1 on a gutless move by Polian will be seeing them finish up at 14-3, and reading about the gutless move by Polian backfiring yet again.

SB is everything. If Colts go 18-1 this will be of little consequence.

I know if the patriots lost week 17 in meadowlands and then won the sb, I could forgive them.

Bullshyte................... If they win next week (and they might, even with Painter), and they go on to run the table........ It will always be asked.

Could they have been the ones that "COULD HAVE" gone all the way? Certainly not as bad as the Pats losing the SB in 2007, but for EVERY PLAYER in the Colts looker room, that question will NEVER go away for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference