PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts are firing Pagano (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is BB not at the very bottom of this list?
LOL, that's what I was wondering. How are there 8 coaches in the NFL "safer" than BB?

Well that would Suck for us. We're having too much fun with Pagano there.

Pagano is a decent coach...he can win with talent, even if he's certainly not a great coach.

Grigson is the worst GM in the NFL, and it isn't even close. As long as they keep Grigson, I'll have a big smile. The Colts should have been Super Bowl contenders last year. He spent all of their money on big guaranteed deals for washed up guys in their mid-30s who were cut because they were finished. Not sure I've ever seen such a shallow analysis of players. He literally determined player value based solely on name recognition. He is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Good for the colts being so prepared for future failings.

I only know of a couple things I am going to do terribly in the next couple days. But 14 weeks from now? That's incredible foresight.

Well that would Suck for us. We're having too much fun with Pagano there.
So long as Grigson is there they will not possibly attract a good coach. Everyone expected Pagano to be axed last offseason, but they surprise kept him because no one else wanted the job. They'd probably end up with Rob Ryan or something.

Grigson is the worst GM in the NFL, and it isn't even close. As long as they keep Grigson, I'll have a big smile.
The Colts should have been Super Bowl contenders last year. He spent all of their money on big guaranteed deals for washed up guys in their mid-30s who were cut because they were finished. Not sure I've ever seen such a shallow analysis of players. He literally determined player value based solely on name recognition. He is as dumb as a box of rocks.

This.

So long as Grigson is there they will not possibly attract a good coach. Everyone expected Pagano to be axed last offseason, but they surprise kept him because no one else wanted the job. They'd probably end up with Rob Ryan or something.

And That.

This just means they'll finish 9-7, miss the playoffs, but he'll get a three-year extension because they rallied to win four of the last five. Then they'll hang a "At Least We Didn't Quit Fighting" banner.

I reiterate my previous sentiments - the Colts deserve everything they get. And, Andrew Luck doesn't looks so hot any more.

Is it me or do Andrew Luck, Indy management, their players and their fans, look a little deflated these days?

Just wondering if this thread should be revived?:D
This article was before they got crushed by the Broncos.:eek:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...yel-chuck-pagano-liability-game-day/90419600/

Something I want to circle back to is how loathsome Doyel is. He's a pom pom waving Colts superfan, but, after the first game this season, he's decided that Pagano is a liability. Pagano didn't do anything differently in game 1 than what he always does, so he's the same liability now as he was last season. Except Doyel wasn't writing that Pagano was an issue last season. His column at the end of last season, when it was announced Pagano and Grigson were coming back was pretty positive about the coach.

So why the shift in opinion? One of the comments on the article offers some insight. A commenter wrote "Good luck in locker room the rest of the year, if they let you in." Doyel responded: "You know, that's an interesting idea. Most pro locker rooms, this wouldn't bat an eye. But this is a different city, and team, and even a different coach. It could be bad for me. We shall see."

Whatever the fallout is, it's a win-win for Doyel. Pagano gets fired, he can say he was on it first. If Pagano is unhappy with him, then their interactions are fodder for Doyel's articles, up to their inevitable reconciliation. Doyel's just being edgy to get attention.

I reiterate my previous sentiments - the Colts deserve everything they get. And, Andrew Luck doesn't looks so hot any more.

Absolutely. Bob Kravitz, Greg Doyel, heck even the custodian at the IndyStar can't suffer long or hard enough for their ridiculous franchise.
I wish we were playing them December 4.
Imagine a hate run that includes 2 Jets games, the Fins, the Broncos, Ravens, and Colts!

Greg Doyel is dead to me, maybe he should have been focusing on the ineptitude of his own franchise, instead of the most successful franchise post salary cap era and arguably of all time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes