PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Irsay hitting the EggNog early... Claims that Colts are most complete team

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like Irsay hasn't learned his lesson about hitting the booze...

Colts are the one team nobody is talking about. They are peaking at the right time. Wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the AFCCG

still think the Chiefs Titans & Bills are all better than the Colts.

Hope for nothing but the worst for INDY & BAL. Two franchies that can burn.

Awful owner. Saw him repping some charity and I thought « how in their right mind wants to be associated with this trash ? ». He can burn, as can his cry-baby franchise.

Last edited:
He's wrong, but I'll be happy if the Colts can beat Pittsburgh this weekend.
Bank on it.
The Colts have a strong secondary and the best LG since John Hannah. Don’t think they can beat the Chiefs. But, yes, they are being neglected.

Cameron Heyward is about to be Randy Whited.

Chiefs are still king. Offense is lethal and can be even better.

Irsay still using the pipe after all these years.

Isn’t their d pretty vulnerable? I do like their offense

Their secondary is mortal but the Colts' front 7 are actually very solid. I expect them to put a lot of pressure on Big Ben and force some mistakes. I they can force Ben to make one of those boneheaded throws of his and force turnovers, they're looking good.

The Colts have both a good passing attack and an underrated run game. Taylor looks very good and Hines is their version of James White and seems to have broken out. They've got good targets in Hilton and Pittman and some nice second rank WRs like Zack Pascal and Marcus Johnson to fill out depth in the receiver corps. Their offense is fairly well balanced and their defense, despite the leaky secondary, isn't to be laughed at. I'd say it's about 60-40 in favor of the Colts vs Pittsburgh, possibly more given the X factors affecting the Steelers right now.

And yes, they are being looked past by a lot of people right now. Irsay's an idiot but that doesn't mean he's 100% wrong at all times. I think the biggest thing causin people to be skeptical of the Colts is Rivers' own track record of not getting it done when it really matters. If they bomb out early and/or don't make the playoffs, it's probably gonna be on Phillip Rivers in some way.

This is one of those ridiculous play on words where someone tried to make something seem better than it is. It is along the same lines as the old argument that "I am not say Rodgers is the best of all time, I am saying he is the most talented." Which, of course, is absurd.

So here Irsay is pulling the old "I am not saying we are the best team, just that we are the most complete." Which, of course, is quite an absurd statement. They are a decent team, and doing much better than I thought they would, but they are just not amongst the elite.

You know, that would look fantastic on a banner or perhaps tattooed in reverse on his forehead so he could see it properly in a mirror?

But from my perspective, you can't define things for other people as it falls flat and shallow. When people think you are a complete team they will call you a complete team. Like being Cool or Well spoken or any other attributed like that - other people say you are it. you can say it all you want, doesn't make it true.

Last edited:
The evidence is quite clear that this isn't early for Irsay. I don't know what would lead anyone to that conclusion.

This is one of those ridiculous play on words where someone tried to make something seem better than it is. It is along the same lines as the old argument that "I am not say Rodgers is the best of all time, I am saying he is the most talented." Which, of course, is absurd.

So here Irsay is pulling the old "I am not saying we are the best team, just that we are the most complete." Which, of course, is quite an absurd statement. They are a decent team, and doing much better than I thought they would, but they are just not amongst the elite.
but he didn't say that they were elite, he said that they were complete. You're drawing the rest of that conclusion yourself based on what you think he meant rather than what he actually said.

What he said is that the Colts are a very balanced team, that what they lack in power and dynamism they make up for by having few weaknesses. Which is true, other than their more or less average secondary the Colts don't have a lot of weaknesses and can probably hang in there with any team in the NFL as long as they keep from making big mistakes.

They have that combination of good defense and a QB not doing idiotic things that can make a team deadly in the playoffs.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back