PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Chiefs Release Derrick Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to fix the thread title. It's not a release, as his contract is up (there's a void).

Always liked him a lot as a player, would not expect much, but a vet min camp invite type thing would work. He is 35. I think if he was done, he would have retired a Chief.

An old, slow, liability in pass coverage LB..........print the jersey...BB never passes on this skill set

Nope. BB needs to modernize the one area of his defense stuck in the stoneage. A LB less than 240 lbs with talent & speed please.

An old, slow, liability in pass coverage LB..........print the jersey...BB never passes on this skill set

Not until we cut our current guy who fits that bill.

Not until we cut our current guy who fits that bill.

As always depends on the price and I get that he’s 35 but as a player he’s an improvement over both Harris and Roberts.

Sign the beast!

Regards,
Chris

Sign him then send him to revis island

As always depends on the price and I get that he’s 35 but as a player he’s an improvement over both Harris and Roberts.

The Harris signing turned out to be exactly what I expected, but I don't think Johnson is quite as cooked as him.

Not that he's a one-trick pony but, to break him down to the basic element, Johnson's a speed backer who's losing his speed. He's not exclusively reliant on speed, but it's the biggest key to his game, and it's in decline.

The Harris signing turned out to be exactly what I expected, but I don't think Johnson is quite as cooked as him.

He can still get to the qb judging by that hit on mariota in the playoffs. Kc actually got screwed there as mariota lost the football.

Multiple achilles tendon injuries are a killer for almost any athlete. Only Dan Marino could survive that.

Really hope there's no need here for Johnson. I'd much rather see the team built with guys who have < 4 seasons in the league earning roster spots.

Johnson played 77% of the D-snaps for KCY this season. He was third in total tackles with 71, and 3rd in PDs with 7. But then, he did slow down a bit this season.

Sure, bring him onboard. Let's see what Tedy Bruschi has left in the tank too, he was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down