PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chiefs have $177.00 in cap space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until the have to sign Hill & Mahomes.

Hill will want 17-20 Million annually.

Doesn't Hill have to sign at a discount for beating women? Apologies to Hill if he hasn't been charged with abusing women. I've just come to assume every player on the Chiefs has done that.

Ummm, Hill got a 3 year $54M extension back in October.

I don't get why Mahomes isn't demanding his money now? I wouldn't play another snap without my $200 million plus deal.

Mahomes would look good in a Patriots uniform.

I don't get why Mahomes isn't demanding his money now? I wouldn't play another snap without my $200 million plus deal.

I could've swore I read too that he doesn't want to take up too much of the cap. Wants other players to be retained. Very admirable. But his agent and the P.A. probably don't like hearing that.

He deserves 45 million over five years or so.

They won the SB. So seems like it was worth it.

It’s a jerk move, but it’s absolutely in their best interest to keep Sammy Watkins under contract as long as possible while teams spend money so there are fewer (tampering) teams to bid against when they ask him to take a pay cut.

I could've swore I read too that he doesn't want to take up too much of the cap. Wants other players to be retained. Very admirable. But his agent and the P.A. probably don't like hearing that.

He deserves 45 million over five years or so.

I'm sure that he and his agent have an insurance policy against injury. The cost of the policy will be included in the next contract.

Meanwhile, Watkins will likely be extended or cut soon. Restructuring is possible I suppose. Then they could trade him later in the season.

Are we having our annual discussion on how Team X has such a good team while remaining below the cap, and that they should enjoy this year because they will be in cap hell next year?

Is it time year to suggest that they must be cheating on the cap because the team is so good?

To be fair, when people called Denver on their pending cap issues a few years back, it wound up being more or less true.

I don't think the Chiefs will have quite the fall Denver did, since they've (in theory) got Mahomes rather than the corpse of Forehead out there, but I'm not sure I expect them to still be a powerhouse in 2-3 years. They'll be another pretty good team.

They can afford to go to an Outback.

Probably can’t leave a tip though.

We recently moved and checked out the local Outback a couple of times. It's the coldest restaurant I've ever been in. You can actually feel cool breezes.

We recently moved and checked out the local Outback a couple of times. It's the coldest restaurant I've ever been in. You can actually feel cool breezes.
Same thing with any Chili’s. That’s intentional. It gets out you eating as quickly as possible and getting the hell out of there so they can fill the seat with a few more asses. Rinse and repeat. Listen to the music when you’re in there too. Fast paced? There’s a good reason for that, too.

To be fair, when people called Denver on their pending cap issues a few years back, it wound up being more or less true.

I don't think the Chiefs will have quite the fall Denver did, since they've (in theory) got Mahomes rather than the corpse of Forehead out there, but I'm not sure I expect them to still be a powerhouse in 2-3 years. They'll be another pretty good team.
Yeah. That is my take too. They will still be the top team to beat because of Mahomes but that really does not mean much as you have to have the team around him and that will be near impossible with his massive pay day looming.

The chiefs will likely go into 2021 with more than $85M of cap room, after cutting or trading Watkins. Mahomes will get his $40M a year, but he certainly won't count that much against the 2021 cap; there will some bonus money. Say, he counts $25M (it could be less), KC will have $60M in cap room, and will need to restructure or lose some top players in 2021. Of course, there will be major NFL cap increases in 2022 and 2023. So, I see KC being a SB contender for the foreseeable future, as much as anyone else in the AFC, perhaps excepting BALT.

If Dak get’s 35+Million annually Mahomes will want 40+.

think they already have Hill and Kelce locked up. 3 yrs 54 million.

Hey hey. Tip your servers in these economically trying times.

You can tip during the online checkout. No need to exchange money. :)

Doesn't Hill have to sign at a discount for beating women? Apologies to Hill if he hasn't been charged with abusing women. I've just come to assume every player on the Chiefs has done that.
He sure admitted to punching his son in the chest when he cries.

If Dak get’s 35+Million annually Mahomes will want 40+.

Cooper’s ass got 20mill he’s not a top 7-8 WR, the wife beaters price starts at 21 not 17-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back