PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Celtics to trade #1 overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

this is just cruel and unusual punishment.

I am surprised (if) the Celtics got him, but these backtracking tweets might be coming from his camp denying a decision has been made simply so he can tell all the relevant parties in the most appropriate way, as opposed to them finding out through the media.
or it could be DeAndre Jordan part 2. one minute he was going to Dallas. the next he's back with the Clippers.

So emotional. You must be a Greenteaming snowflake. Bet you've got a poster of Scal over your bed don't you? :D Bad league, worse fans.
LOL, what I do know is that you're a f###### douchebag, and I standby my claim that your smelly ass would stink up everything. You have bad BO, and everyone knows it. In all fairness, it doesn't mean you're a bad guy. You just smell bad and you need to improve your hygiene, which is horrible. Try Irish Spring, flossing and putting talcum powder up your ass. Trust me, you'll thank me and your ass will feel better and those close to you will no longer puke when you get near them. Hope is on the horizon...

Here's what I think happened. Haywood tells the Celts that he agrees to the 4 year max deal and is coming to Boston, but first he wants to call Miami and Utah to tell them personally and thank them for their interest. But before that happens someone tells someone to tells his media buddy and word leaks out before Gordon can make the calls.

Now if I'm Haywood, I am pissed at the leak. But does it change your mind on whether to go to Boston, I don't think so.... UNLESS you specifically told Danny not to say anything before you can make you condolence calls to the Jazz and Heat.

More drama I guess. I don't mind. It is July and we NEED some drama. Besides I'm good either way. While they'll be better faster with Haywood, if he doesn't sign with Boston, we'll still be contenders for the Eastern conference finals, and STILL have young talented and developing team, plus a chance at multiple high first round pick and over $30MM in cap space for next year's FA class.

If he doesn't come the media and talk show callers will all have a melt down, but "the process" looks pretty good to me. More minutes for Brown and Tatum.

or it could be DeAndre Jordan part 2. one minute he was going to Dallas. the next he's back with the Clippers.
And how's that worked out for DJordan? ;)

?????????????????????????
I guess when I first read your comment on Jordan, I was thinking about how he went back to the Clippers and didn't have much success. After I posted it, it occurred to me that it likely wouldn't bave been much better in Dallas, and hoped no one would notice. ;)

Is Dan Wetzel Roadie Patriot? Seems his smelly ass is hurt, also, LOL!

Chills reading that Players Tribune article. Gimme Hayward for free anyday over Butler or PG for high picks.
The thing for me about George was that he probably plays defense on Labron as good as anyone in the league. Sure he's a great scorer as well, but, as Bill teaches us, "its all about the match ups". Perhaps Tatum and/or Brown will develop into that kind of player.

That's why I hope they keep Bradley and Smart. They are both first rate defenders, and while chicks dig the scorers, good defense will win games as well.

LOL, what I do know is that you're a f###### douchebag, and I standby my claim that your smelly ass would stink up everything. You have bad BO, and everyone knows it. In all fairness, it doesn't mean you're a bad guy. You just smell bad and you need to improve your hygiene, which is horrible. Try Irish Spring, flossing and putting talcum powder up your ass. Trust me, you'll thank me and your ass will feel better and those close to you will no longer puke when you get near them. Hope is on the horizon...
Joker..."useful?". LMFAO!

Who will they flip…..what can the C's get in return. I vote rebounder. Kelly O was waived.

Bobby Marks ESPN
With Gordon Hayward now agreeing to a four-year $127M max contract, Celtics management now has a series of transactions to do in order to create cap space. The Celtics would have to pull the qualifying offer on Kelly Olynyk, renounce free agents Jonas Jerebko, James Young, Gerald Green and waive the contracts of Jordan Mickey and Demetrius Jackson (or trade). The Celtics would be left with $27.6M in room and likely need to move the contract of Jae Crowder, Terry Rozier or Marcus Smart. Trading Rozier would have the Celtics short $1M of a max salary a lot.

Nice week so far for C's, Tatum debut, Brown growth and now Hayward.

Still great shot at 2 top 5 picks next year.

Time for Pats TC though, the main event this month.

ainge_danny_celtics.jpg

Tatum looked head and shoulders better Tham Fultz in their head to head matchup today.

Last edited:
There were so many great things pulling me in this direction. There was the winning culture of Boston, as a city — from the Sox, to the Pats, to the Bruins. There was the special history of the Celtics, as a franchise — from Russell, to Bird, to Pierce, and it goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents