PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Carr officially released

I don’t think Carr is going to win you a Super Bowl. That being said, if he goes to the NFC South, he is immediately the best QB in that division.

Raiders could have played this better, now they got squat for him and only have Stiddy.
See also:

It's not a good look when you had Davante Adams (3rd highest receiving yards and 14 TD's) and Josh Jacobs leading the league in rushing, yet you couldn't make the playoffs.
I'm putting that on McDaniels. If he doesn't turn things around next season then he should be fired and never allowed a head coaching job ever again.

Trade for Lamar Jackson?
Baltimore would have to be really stupid moving on from Jackson. He's their whole team. That said, I hope he gets a shot somewhere else. The Raiders would be perfect (or the Jets) but I'm a little concerned McDaniels will **** it up.

Kind of OT, but why did the Raiders front office make such a ceremonious stink about benching him, like a punishment, so late in the season? It seems like they could've been a bit more tactful in his departure, like just quietly waiting for the season to end and parting ways. And maybe get something for him?

I imagine Las Vegas was thinking Brady as a possible replacement for Carr but that's totally off the table at this point.

Was there really ever any other possible outcome? Why would any team give up anything at all for what is practically a pending free agent? I get that a very interested team could send something like a 5th just to be sure they're the ones that sign the guy, but... just... nah. There's really no sensible way this didn't end with Carr released.

Kind of OT, but why did the Raiders front office make such a ceremonious stink about benching him, like a punishment, so late in the season? It seems like they could've been a bit more tactful in his departure, like just quietly waiting for the season to end and parting ways. And maybe get something for him?
If he'd have gotten injured, his contract became guaranteed. Once they made the decision to move on, they couldn't allow him to play anymore.

Because Carr blew up the relationship. He refused to play in McDaniels's system. He kept throwing bombs when he had guys open all over the field. I think he's burnt toast, whoever signs him.

Deja Vu all over again.

As Denvers HC, Mickey D got rid of Cutler too. Next he shipped Peyton Hillis out of town and brought in Larry "Dancer" Maroney.

Could Josh Jacobs be next?

Carr to the Jetes possibly?
There’s a connection there with new Jets passing game coordinator Todd Downing, who was Carr’s QB coach in 2015 and 2016 and OC in 2017.

But the new juicy rumor out of New York is that they might actually be interested in Downing’s most recent QB, Ryan Tannehill. That would be…something. I’m not sure what, but definitely something.

I think that was Josh not learning his lesson in Denver... Play silly QB games, get stupid results

Carr to the Jetes possibly?
I think it was Florio who posted that the jete and green Bay were working trade terms for Rodgers... I can't see him accepting a trade there though... But I think the jete will exhaust all efforts in that pursuit before considering carr or anyone else

McDaniels is a jerk. He is hired with the expectation to fix an already established qb only to give him the boot after the first year. Cutler all over again. Then he followed Cutler up with Tebow. That isn't how you fix an offense. The Rams were also bottom of the league when Josh was calling the shots. He isn't HC material.

McDaniels is a jerk. He is hired with the expectation to fix an already established qb only to give him the boot after the first year. Cutler all over again. Then he followed Cutler up with Tebow. That isn't how you fix an offense. The Rams were also bottom of the league when Josh was calling the shots. He isn't HC material.
And other rumor is that he wants to dump guys like Renfrow, Waller... because he wants "his" guys. I like Josh as an offensive mind, and he seems to be pretty good with developing QBs, but his managerial decisions have always been pretty suspect...

Does Carr pass thru waivers? If someone was willing to eat that contract, easy way to snag him

edit- apparently not... Bona fide free agent

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes