PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brett Favre sucks

Brady is my favorite next to favre, and i think he will be the best of all time by the time he is done. one of my best friends is a cowboys fan, and he said that bledsoe is MUCH better then brady... that he would school brady and show him who the better qb is.

I just laughed... those silly cowboys fans.

KDPpatsfan said:
Farve IS one of the greatest ever. He is also WAAYYY past his prime and needs to hang them up. Otherwise he absolutely will begin to tarnish himself. The funny thing about all this...I predict Aaron Rogers will be absolutely TERRIBLE.

Favre is NOT one of the greatest. Not even in the top 10. He's been all hype and no substance since he won the SB 9 years ago thanks to Bill Parcells. Look at his performances in subsequent playoffs or playoff determining games since. Fills the air with INTs but because commentators and ignorant fans buy the hype he's "great". He's not. And for the last couple years he's been worse than mediocre. Once, he was a very good QB for a very few years.

fleabassist1 said:
Brady is my favorite next to favre, and i think he will be the best of all time by the time he is done. one of my best friends is a cowboys fan, and he said that bledsoe is MUCH better then brady... that he would school brady and show him who the better qb is.

I just laughed... those silly cowboys fans.

There once were many such 'silly' Patriots fans. Fans in 2001 and even into mid 2003 who believed that His Drewness was superior. As dumb as Cafardo and others in the sports media business. The internet was full of the wailings and dire predictions of the Bledsoe Krishnas.

Lets get something straight...I am not an ignorant fan just because I think Brett Farve was once great. You're a Jerk for even intimating it. Do I think he is the greatest ever? of course not. But he is up there...

Look at this page and come up with an argument that has some merit because right now you have no leg to stand on and you just sound silly. Sounds like some personal vendetta to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/alltime/leaders?cat=passyards

Not to mention he has the record for games played in a row which isn't easy.

To go further so I am clear..I would not take Farve in his prime over Brady, But I would have taken Farve in his prime over Bledsoe any day of the week and laughed all the way to the bank.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Favre is NOT one of the greatest. Not even in the top 10. He's been all hype and no substance since he won the SB 9 years ago thanks to Bill Parcells. Look at his performances in subsequent playoffs or playoff determining games since. Fills the air with INTs but because commentators and ignorant fans buy the hype he's "great". He's not. And for the last couple years he's been worse than mediocre. Once, he was a very good QB for a very few years.

I would like to hear your 10 who are better. I can only think of 6 maybe seven.

You have 2 minutes remaining, its 2nd and 10, and your down by 6. You have one timeout, and your at your opponants stadium. The crowd is roaring "Defense Defense". You look at the playclock, and notice your quarterback has 10 seconds to hurry up and either spike or run a play.
Who would you most want to have as your quarterback?
Id pick brady.

In order... Brady, Montana, Elway, Young, Marino, Farve. (talking modern era here of course) I don't want to see any Unitas B.S.

Here you go, Favre Year by Year STats

Passing Stats
YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
1991 ATL 2 0 5 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 2 0.0
1992 GNB 15 302 471 64.1 3227 6.9 18 76 13 85.3
1993 GNB 16 318 522 60.9 3303 6.3 19 66 24 72.2
1994 GNB 16 363 582 62.4 3882 6.7 33 49 14 90.7
1995 GNB 16 359 570 63.0 4413 7.7 38 99 13 99.5
1996 GNB 16 325 543 59.9 3899 7.2 39 80 13 95.8
1997 GNB 16 304 513 59.3 3867 7.5 35 74 16 92.6
1998 GNB 16 347 551 63.0 4212 7.6 31 84 23 87.8
1999 GNB 16 341 595 57.3 4091 6.9 22 74 23 74.7
2000 GNB 16 338 580 58.3 3812 6.6 20 67 16 78.0
2001 GNB 16 314 510 61.6 3921 7.7 32 67 15 94.1
2002 GNB 16 341 551 61.9 3658 6.6 27 85 16 85.6
2003 GNB 16 308 471 65.4 3361 7.1 32 66 21 90.4
2004 GNB 16 346 540 64.1 4088 7.6 30 79 17 92.4
2005 GNB 14 321 519 61.9 3305 6.4 19 53 24 73.1
Career 223 4627 7523 61.5 53039 7.1 395 99 250 86.4

KDPpatsfan said:
Lets get something straight...I am not an ignorant fan just because I think Brett Farve was once great. You're a Jerk for even intimating it. Do I think he is the greatest ever? of course not. But he is up there...

Look at this page and come up with an argument that has some merit because right now you have no leg to stand on and you just sound silly. Sounds like some personal vendetta to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/alltime/leaders?cat=passyards

Not to mention he has the record for games played in a row which isn't easy.

This of course will seem irrelevant to you easily swayed Farve ball washers.

Brady, Montana, Elway, Young, Marino, Manning, Fouts, Bradshaw, Staubach, Kelly, Moon, Bradshaw with guys like Tarkenton, Starr, Theissman, Aikman, Unitas and many others all better on field performers than the perennially over rated Favre.
Yeah, Favre is better than Bledsoe but who said he wasn't???

Learn the game.

Last edited:
Learn The game that's funny. You take a guy that has thrown for over 50,000 yards in his career and put Dan Fouts and Joe Thiesman ahead of him. I can't take you seriously anymore.

KDPpatsfan said:
Learn The game that's funny. You take a guy that has thrown for over 50,000 yards in his career and put Dan Fouts and Joe Thiesman ahead of him. I can't take you seriously anymore.

Why am I not surprised? You get your football 'knowhow' from Madden et. al.
The 'Great' Bret Favre - a media made hero of 2nd rank consequence.

Actually I hate Madden and find that he states the obvious. It really is clear that you have some bizzare personal issue with Farve. I hated the guy for years after that SB loss but I'm not dumb enough to downplay his talent. And his team's lack of success save for the past two years are because Mike Sherman is a TERRIBLE coach.

Brett fav-a-rah

SoonerPatriot said:
Few players in the league are as overrated as Favre. Already 2 picks tonight. How is it that a guy who throws at least 20 picks a year can be considered among the league's all time greats? Please don't give me the "but he's a gunslinger" crapola. He's overrated and has been for a long, long time. Not even top 20 all-time IMO.

IS a great QB of yesteryear......the guy should have retired TWO years ago at the least......and is now laughable......This is what happens when a great sports figure's ego ...keeps him from seeing the reality....which is that THEY CAN'T DO it anymore A)........and B) They are HURTING their team BY being out there..........Favre should have stepped down this year.......pulled himself out of the lineup and retired. I know the Packers (what a terrible name) have sucked OVERALL this year.....but Favre has been the biggest monkey wrench in the works. I feel sorry for great one's like this that stay in the game too long and embarrass themselves like this ....(like Muhammad Ali as another example) :(

STCjones..I agree with your assesment. He really did stay too long. I hope Brady plays 5-6 more years, wins 2-3 more superbowls and then hangs them up before he starts to lose it. If he does that...first ballot HOF. (he may already be)

I agree with you.......

KDPpatsfan said:
STCjones..I agree with your assesment. He really did stay too long. I hope Brady plays 5-6 more years, wins 2-3 more superbowls and then hangs them up before he starts to lose it. If he does that...first ballot HOF. (he may already be)

And think he will do just that.....I don't see Brady NEEDING to stay around that much longer because he HAS ALREADY accomplished MUCH, MUCH more that many of the so called legendary QB's in the history of the NFL...and has nothing else to prove, and will be first nomination elect to the HOF......My feeling is that guys like Favre, who won the big game once......are constantly trying to "reclaim that glory" and get back there again........Fact is MOST of them NEVER do.........Brady....winning 3 SB's in the last 4 yrs........has done everything in football......and believes there is MORE out there for him to accomplish OUTSIDE of football (TO quote him: "There must be more out there than this" (3 sb's in 4 yrs.....achieving SB Dynasty status etc.....Brady will retire young in my opinion, and at the top of his game ......

stcjones said:
And think he will do just that.....I don't see Brady NEEDING to stay around that much longer because he HAS ALREADY accomplished MUCH, MUCH more that many of the so called legendary QB's in the history of the NFL...and has nothing else to prove, and will be first nomination elect to the HOF......My feeling is that guys like Favre, who won the big game once......are constantly trying to "reclaim that glory" and get back there again........Fact is MOST of them NEVER do.........Brady....winning 3 SB's in the last 4 yrs........has done everything in football......and believes there is MORE out there for him to accomplish OUTSIDE of football (TO quote him: "There must be more out there than this" (3 sb's in 4 yrs.....achieving SB Dynasty status etc.....Brady will retire young in my opinion, and at the top of his game ......

it will be a sad day when he retires :-(

Bet your rear it will.

KDPpatsfan said:

What's the point of all those yards when you throw 20-24 picks a year? Favre has thrown 250 picks in his career. In the Packers' hey day, the team's strengths masked that problem. An argument can be made that 250 interceptions knocks Brett down a peg or three.

But yeah, he's a gunslinger.

i hope Rodeny knows wehn to hang them up and doesnt play past his time

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3