PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brett Favre sucks

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Few players in the league are as overrated as Favre. Already 2 picks tonight. How is it that a guy who throws at least 20 picks a year can be considered among the league's all time greats? Please don't give me the "but he's a gunslinger" crapola. He's overrated and has been for a long, long time. Not even top 20 all-time IMO.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Few players in the league are as overrated has Favre. Already 2 picks tonight. How is it that a guy who throws at least 20 picks a year can be considered among the league's all time greats? Please don't give me the "but he's a gunslinger" crapola. He's overrated and has been for a long, long time.

Of course he is overrated. Madden and the other commentators have long been Favre ball washers. His last good season was sometime in the last century.

he was good back when the pats werent good enough to win the SB :). That was a long time ago.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Of course he is overrated. Madden and the other commentators have long been Favre ball washers. His last good season was sometime in the last century.

The Sunday Night crew all but polished his knob on the air week before last.

Paul McGuire: 'There's nobody I would rather have than Brett Favre with the game on the line and 2 minutes left to play"....or something to that effect.

PatsWickedPissah said:

Agreed, though at least he had some good SEASONS, what about Vick, what has he EVER done...yet he already belongs in the HOF. Favre should have hung it up a couple of seasons ago, that last INT I think he "thought" he was out throwing everyone to throw it away yet thet had to wait until it floated down.

This game is thoroughly painful to watch.

MNF started out with some really good games, but these last few games have jst been disastrous.

I actually feel very bad for Brett and the Packers. I'm sure they would rather NOT be on national TV right now.

The current Brett Favre is overrated but no way was Brett in his prime overrated. He truly was one of the best. It's just like Jerry Rice. Sure, he fell off bigtime but they're still going to kiss his ***** because of what he did in the past. It will be the same story with Brady when he's been in the league for 15 years. I'm sure he'll play like garbage but everyone will still call him the best. There probably won't be any complaints about that though.

SoonerPatriot said:

Paul McGuire: 'There's nobody I would rather have than Brett Favre with the game on the line and 2 minutes left to play"....or something to that effect.

McGuire is so annoyingly....verbose. He'll rip a player in one breath and then fawn all over him when he suddenly makes a play. He's in love with the sound of his own voice. And if he really believes that line he's a dinosaur whose had his head up his ass for the last several years. With 2 minutes left to play Favre is one of the last guys I want out there - right up there with Bledsoe. Last week Drew won the FEDEX AIR award. This week when a playoff berth was on the line he was useless.

On WEEI today Ordway was saying Vick reminds him of Favre. Brett had the ability to read defenses, he just couldn't be bothered. Vick never bothered to learn. Both believed they could just wing it. Brett just got lucky and won one before the league figured him out. They've caught on to Vick in a hurry.

Brett favre is just so overrated. After the packers beat the pats in the SB, what has he done? Nothing....the only thing he does is keep his streak alive.

Ladies and Germs, say hello to Aaron Rogers.

Aaron, say hello to the sack and fumble.

huskeralk said:
It will be the same story with Brady when he's been in the league for 15 years. I'm sure he'll play like garbage but everyone will still call him the best. There probably won't be any complaints about that though.

That's if Brady stays in the league for ~15 years. I suspect Brady has so much he wants to accomplish in life that he might not hang around that long once he's "over the hill."

desi-patsfan said:
he was good back when the pats werent good enough to win the SB :). That was a long time ago.

It was Desmond Howard who beat the Pats.

mikey said:
It was Desmond Howard who beat the Pats.

Desmond Howard and Reggie White who used Max Lane as a turnstile.

ctpatsfan77 said:
That's if Brady stays in the league for ~15 years. I suspect Brady has so much he wants to accomplish in life that he might not hang around that long once he's "over the hill."

I hope you're right. I hate watching players when they're washed up and just won't accept it.

In his prime he was an elite QB. I don't see how anyone can deny that. There was a 5 year span where he had right around 4000 yds, 30+ TDs and a well over 2-1 TD to INT ratio.

The problem is that ended about 6 years ago and the media refused to notice. Since that time he has been (stealing from Bill Simmons) another Aaron Brooks. The only difference between the 2 is everyone still says Favre is great.

The truth about Favre is that if GB had an average QB, a Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer type who just didn't lose them games they would actually be a .500 team this year. That says more about the division than anything else but the media keeps telling us how poor Brett has no help on that team. The truth is the opposite.

Funny thing is I heard Madden listing off all of the turmoil Farve has had to deal with such as:
Losing 2-3 Running Backs, 3 loses to the OL, TE injuries in and out of the line up, losing a WR and other in and out of the line up...then he started on the defense and talked about injuries to the secondary, DB's etc...

Then I said, WAIT - didn't he just describe the New England Patriots???? Isn't that exactly what Tom Brady is went through this year???

SoonerPatriot said:

i can think of somone :rolleyes: Tom Brady :eek: :rolleyes:

SoonerPatriot said:
Desmond Howard and Reggie White who used Max Lane as a turnstile.

It was Bill Parcells who beat the Pats.

Last edited:
he made some very stupid throws in that game to WR's that were coverd by Rolle/Mcallister and Ed Reed :eek: i mean come on thats just asking to be picked off

Farve IS one of the greatest ever. He is also WAAYYY past his prime and needs to hang them up. Otherwise he absolutely will begin to tarnish himself. The funny thing about all this...I predict Aaron Rogers will be absolutely TERRIBLE.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back