PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brees restructures contract to league minimum

Also James White seems like a no brainer.

It depends if we can get him some talent on the outside. We also need to scrap the Brady offense.
Winston needs to learn how to manage a game and lead a team first.

Winston needs to learn how to manage a game and lead a team first.
Yeah. That is the question with him. It's a big one but I would not mind the Pats getting him. Better than Tribusky or Brissett. More upside IMO.

I used to believe the Pats could fix those things but I am not sure anymore. Having Cam run the Brady offense was head scratching.
A player must have talent to succeed. Once the coaching staff identifies the talent then they can apply it to how they can fit the system.

I threw a lot of darts at Cam this year but after a few weeks to reflect, the poor bastard was swimming upstream all year.

No OTEs. No real TC. Barely a spec of talent at WR/TE, etc. Had COVID. Not the same player he was 4 years ago and the fact he was never an accurate QB with zero experience in a Perk/Erh didn't serve him well.

With all of that he kept a good attitude and did the best he could under the circumstances and I truly believe BB and Josh tried to do things on offense that played to his strengths. Designed runs, RPOs, etc.

It just didn't work.

A player must have talent to succeed. Once the coaching staff identifies the talent then they can apply it to how they can fit the system.

I threw a lot of darts at Cam this year but after a few weeks to reflect, the poor bastard was swimming upstream all year.

No OTEs. No real TC. Barely a spec of talent at WR/TE, etc. Had COVID. Not the same player he was 4 years ago and the fact he was never an accurate QB with zero experience in a Perk/Erh didn't serve him well.

With all of that he kept a good attitude and did the best he could under the circumstances and I truly believe BB and Josh tried to do things on offense that played to his strengths. Designed runs, RPOs, etc.

It just didn't work.
Yeah. I felt bad for him by the end of the season.

Is this not cap circumvention? If this is allowed to happen, then every player can just sign long term big money contract to get around cap charges for any given year, then give up basically all the future money to get around the cap in future years.

Brees will retire officially on June 2 which will also save money in the cap. Saints fans believe Payton will sign Winston to be the starter.
If he wants Winston to be the starter why did he sit him in the bench and play hill when Brees was injured?

If he wants Winston to be the starter why did he sit him in the bench and play hill when Brees was injured?
Ahhh, I see you're warming up to seeing Jaboo in NE. This is BB's dream pick-up: a former #1 pick, athletic QB with a strong arm and bad habits @ $1M/yr. A BB speciality: a reclamation project. BB will pair him up with Cam and prove to the world that he can win with anyone. BB is a firm believer in St. Jude, patron saint of lost causes.

Ahhh, I see you're warming up to seeing Jaboo in NE. This is BB's dream pick-up: a former #1 pick, athletic QB with a strong arm and bad habits @ $1M/yr. A BB speciality: a reclamation project. BB will pair him up with Cam and prove to the world that he can win with anyone. BB is a firm believer in St. Jude, patron saint of lost causes.
One problem. He is the antithesis of a belichick qb.

Very good question but Brees was shown to be telling Winston “this is your team now” on the sidelines at the end of the blowout against TB.

I feel like Jameous winston will be starting for the saints next year. Only reason IMO they brought him in was to get a year in the saints system knowing that brees probably would retire. no way they go with the gadget player for a whole season.

he could be decent with good coaching from sean payton. Arians "no risk it no biscuit" offense with a Quarterback who has a penchant for bad decisions was a bad mix.

I have been reading rumors that Watt may end up in Tampa. Let Suh go and replace with Watt.
Suh is still an impact player. If they can get him for half he got paid this year, they should keep him.

Watt is out of the question if he's looking to get paid. But doable if for a championship.

The TB affect and the discount players will take to be on his team is real folks.

Yeah. That is the question with him. It's a big one but I would not mind the Pats getting him. Better than Tribusky or Brissett. More upside IMO.
Trubisky beat out Foles and he's better than anybody the Pat's have. I can probably think of at least 3 qbs I'd rather have that can be obtained as FA or for a low draft pick for the Pat's than Winston.

While we’re talking about our friends in the Big Easy...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back