PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brees restructures contract to league minimum

The Bucs have 31 players signed with $28.5M in free cap space.

Lavonte David is a UFA this year. He just showed that he's still playing at an ELITE level. It remains to be seen what his choice is going to be.

Antonio Brown, Chris Godwin, Gronkowski, and Fournette are all UFA this season. As is Suh and the aforementioned David. Help me understand how you think they can sign all these players to market deals. I mean, Gronk hasn't ever taken a less than market deal. Brown's deal was below market value, but do you honestly think he's going to re-sign for that? I know there are rumors that the Bucs are going to try and re-sign Godwin to a long-term deal, but that will happen only if he's willing to put off receiving a majority of his funds until 2022.
Shaq Barrett is going to be fascinating because he hasn't made a ton of money by NFL star standards. He has made $25.4M in his seven year career (almost ⅔ of that last year on the franchise tag), and now teams might be offering that much per season. He says he anticipates staying with the Bucs, but we'll see what happens if some other team is offering maybe an extra $5M per season and $20M total guaranteed.

Shaq Barrett is going to be fascinating because he hasn't made a ton of money by NFL star standards. He has made $25.4M in his seven year career (almost ⅔ of that last year on the franchise tag), and now teams might be offering that much per season. He says he anticipates staying with the Bucs, but we'll see what happens if some other team is offering maybe an extra $5M per season and $20M total guaranteed.
Totally forgot about Shaq Barrett. I can't see him taking a discount

going to be an interesting off season.......will folks sign long term deals that are backloaded, hoping/knowing the cap will go up......or will we see a lot more one year deals

vets on the far side of 30 will def sign a lot of one year deals......but guys in this age range, it's going to be interesting......

maybe.......but will we see some vets in this age bracket roll the dice, and sign a one year deal
Hes 28. He should be all about the up-front/guaranteed cash.

Hes 28. He should be all about the up-front/guaranteed cash.

he should, and chances are someone will give it.......it's just going to be interesting to see how GMs handle it.......they all seem to agree that a market correction is needed, but there always seems to be more than a couple willing to mortgage the future

The Bucs have 31 players signed with $28.5M in free cap space.

Lavonte David is a UFA this year. He just showed that he's still playing at an ELITE level. It remains to be seen what his choice is going to be.

Antonio Brown, Chris Godwin, Gronkowski, and Fournette are all UFA this season. As is Suh and the aforementioned David. Help me understand how you think they can sign all these players to market deals. I mean, Gronk hasn't ever taken a less than market deal. Brown's deal was below market value, but do you honestly think he's going to re-sign for that? I know there are rumors that the Bucs are going to try and re-sign Godwin to a long-term deal, but that will happen only if he's willing to put off receiving a majority of his funds until 2022.
All this is true but there are a lot of other teams far worse off. Plus winning the SB makes everything alright. Licht is a hero in Tampa. They have the QB locked in, most of OL, #1 WR and RB, and a bunch of young good defensive players. They can build off what they have and actually have more $$ than most. They'll be fine.

That's one hell of a good base of players under contract to build from:

20210208_140034.jpg
20210208_140052.jpg

The guy’s a product of vita vea. What did he do in denver? His numbers went down. Hope the Bucs don’t overspend. Maybe Von Miller takes a one year deal to play with brady.

aaaannndd Bucs have the benefit of the GOAT who brings you rings on your finger, so there are for sure some of the FA (which have had already at least one contract extantion) will be willing to take less for the chance to play with Brady and win a ring or two

We can verifiably say that Gronk, AB, Fornette wouldn't be on Bucs roster without Brady. And now others will follow for a "win-now" team for 1-2 years.

I wonder what Adam Humphries will do once the Tits cut him.

b085823bac7699a7ab98836123c2d8d4.gif

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back