PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Marshall cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'terrible teammate' reputation came (post BPD diagnosis) because he called out his teammates for being lazy and not wanting to win in Chicago. Sounds like a Patriots player to me. In fact, sounds similar to Martellus Bennett. Didn't Belichick try to get him before the Jets did in 2015?

I'd be okay with bringing in Marshall, and I agree with shmessy that he's a much more mature, brave person than people give him credit for. I also think he still has it as a player. I'm just not sure the mutual interest is there; the Inside the NFL thing would seem to be a deal-breaker to me for both sides. Unlike seemingly everyone in this thread, though, I can hardly begrudge the guy his desire to participate in that show and set himself up for when his playing days are over.

If we gave Haynesworth a shot, anything is possible...

haynesworth.gif

Randy Moss, circa 2007, and his heralded trouble maker status says hi!!

Corey Dillon, circa 2004, a Cincinnati malcontents sends his greetings!!

But of course there is Albert Haynesworth...

I do not see it, but do not rule it out..

We needed new WR personnel in 2007.

We needed a new RB in 2004.

Today, our WR corps is already set. Different circumstance entirely.

Last edited:
No, thank you. He didn't even credit Pats for winning the SB. He was just plain ignorant to the fact that they came from 25 pts down to win the game. It's not about him praising the Pats, if he is not sane enough to admire greatness or at the very least acknowledge it when he sees it, he shouldn't be on our roster. And he is also a nut case.

Marshall? HAHAHAH Talk about a diva

I have respect for what he's done. But then I listen to him talk. I see Phil Simms turning purple trying to resist strangling him on-air. And when Simms of all people thinks your ******ed ramblings are annoying, that's saying something.

I have zero interest in the player, will be a distraction in the locker room, could be a leader for a dysfunctional franchise like the Jets, but wouldn't last two weeks in New England.

I agree, and as I wrote at the end, I wouldn't take him on the Patriots roster either.

From the reports I've heard about him 'off the field' the guy seems like a punk, but he does seem like the reclamation project that the Pats would be interested in........potential effective veteran who may be willing to take less to come to the Pats

Marshall was asked about going to another team and his response was that he wanted to go somewhere where he would be the focus of the offense, and not just a supporting role.

So non-Pats material and so not coming to New England.

Didn't see this thread....Marshall saw what was up 2 years ago...

Well he is tall. I read somewhere that what aging QBs need most (except for HGH) are high catch radius levels from their receivers to compensate for the gradual deterioration of their fine motor skills.

So I say replace the 2 shorties with tall guys and buy Mitchell lifts…(lifts would only make the shorties less short). So maybe give him a shot.

I doubt Marshall would pass up a significantly bigger deal to play in NE but I'm open to bringing him in, especially if Amendola decides he can't take another crew cut and Floyd takes more elsewhere as well. The Patriots have an excellent track record of bringing in players like Marshall and getting a couple of good seasons out of them. I think Marshall has really done a great job of turning his personal life around and I'm not going to hold prior comments about the Patriots against him as competitors do that regularly, and Belichick brought back Ty Law after he trashed him personally. I doubt Marshall ends up here but depending upon how this offseason unfolds I wouldn't rule it out.

I doubt Marshall would pass up a significantly bigger deal to play in NE but I'm open to bringing him in, especially if Amendola decides he can't take another crew cut and Floyd takes more elsewhere as well. The Patriots have an excellent track record of bringing in players like Marshall and getting a couple of good seasons out of them. I think Marshall has really done a great job of turning his personal life around and I'm not going to hold prior comments about the Patriots against him as competitors do that regularly, and Belichick brought back Ty Law after he trashed him personally. I doubt Marshall ends up here but depending upon how this offseason unfolds I wouldn't rule it out.
There is something about a player who is supposed to be a star who has been in the league this long, has never had one of his teams make the playoffs and comes off like a guy football isn't all that important to.

No thanks.

He'd just be a "rental player" anyways, remember?

Guy's a db who thinks way too highly of his own opinion.

he can go sign with the texans and jj watt will throw him the ball

I'll give him a rottohammer and send him down to the quarry so he can generate more rocks for himself to kick.

Marshall was diagnosed with an effeminate personally disorder. Not the type of guy you'd want on your team.

Randy Moss, circa 2007, and his heralded trouble maker status says hi!!

Corey Dillon, circa 2004, a Cincinnati malcontents sends his greetings!!

But of course there is Albert Haynesworth...

I do not see it, but do not rule it out..
I just don't see the need for him at this point. I saw the need at the positions that Moss and Dillon played at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft