PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandin Cooks Traded to Cowboys

Perfect spot for an under achieving player...
Let’s compare him to the other 1st round WR in his draft class Cooks was taken 20th

He is light years better than Sammy Watkins (the 4th overall pick) and kelvin benjamin who were taken in the same 1st round as cooks.

He has more yards per year avg than OBJ (12th overall pick )in the same amount of years

He is about 175 yards per year and 200 yards per year behind Hopkins and Evans(7th overall pick))

Cooks is also the 1st player in NFL history to reach 1000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons with 3 different teams and he has played in two superbowls

How is he an underachiever?

Let’s compare him to the other 1st round WR in his draft class Cooks was taken 20th

He is light years better than Sammy Watkins (the 4th overall pick) and kelvin benjamin who were taken in the same 1st round as cooks.

He has more yards per year avg than OBJ (12th overall pick )in the same amount of years

He is about 175 yards per year and 200 yards per year behind Hopkins and Evans(7th overall pick))

Cooks is also the 1st player in NFL history to reach 1000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons with 3 different teams and he has played in two superbowls

How is he an underachiever?
Maybe underachiever is a reach. But…

Played in two Super Bowls. No rings.

He‘s 29, this will be his tenth year in the league, and he twice has missed significant time due to concussions.

Spent a year with the Pats. Was on his rookie deal, Pats exercised his fifth year option then traded him away. He and Belichick obviously know each other well, and it’s clear at least one of them was insufficiently interested in reuniting for it to happen.

Maybe underachiever is a reach. But…

Played in two Super Bowls. No rings.

He‘s 29, this will be his tenth year in the league, and he twice has missed significant time due to concussions.

Spent a year with the Pats. Was on his rookie deal, Pats exercised his fifth year option then traded him away. He and Belichick obviously know each other well, and it’s clear at least one of them was insufficiently interested in reuniting for it to happen.
Underachiever is a reach. We can debate the above all day. Hopkins never made a Super Bowl. We gonna penalize him also ?

Cooks is also a small guy. I mean it’s pretty logical to think that he wouldn’t be super durable . So I can’t hold that against him

Denver pats fan is just a negative poster and I am calling out his negativity.

Cooks will make a good #2 WR to CeeDee Lamb. He really isn't a very good #1 WR though. I would rather trade for Hopkins or Jeudy.

Underachiever is a reach. We can debate the above all day. Hopkins never made a Super Bowl. We gonna penalize him also ?

Cooks is also a small guy. I mean it’s pretty logical to think that he wouldn’t be super durable . So I can’t hold that against him

Denver pats fan is just a negative poster and I am calling out his negativity.
I’m just not convinced we have a big need to upgrade receivers. I’m not a fan of the must have a “true #1“ school of thought. Only exception for me would be Randy Moss, and he’s unique.

I wouldn’t be unhappy if we got Hopkins, but won’t be unhappy if we don’t. Nbd either way.

I think upgrading the OL will do more to improve the Pats’ passing game than upgrading WRs will.

Whatever.
Yea i'm with you.

The draft compensation seems reasonable and the ~$12m or whatever his 2023 salary would be also doesn't see horrible.

I don't see Cooks as a game-changer. Hes a solid WR2 and I think Ju Ju is that already.

Yea i'm with you.

The draft compensation seems reasonable and the ~$12m or whatever his 2023 salary would be also doesn't see horrible.

I don't see Cooks as a game-changer. Hes a solid WR2 and I think Ju Ju is that already.
He is a much better WR than JuJu. Never quite understood why a WR with his production bounced around so much.

When he was with us he seemed like a good pro so I don't get it.

I would have made that deal especially if I could get a couple year extension with him at around or 12m per.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back