PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandin Cooks Traded to Cowboys

He is a much better WR than JuJu. Never quite understood why a WR with his production bounced around so much.

When he was with us he seemed like a good pro so I don't get it.

I would have made that deal especially if I could get a couple year extension with him at around or 12m per.
Cooks is charmin soft.

81RnLD-4BFL.jpg

The Texans clearly wanted to get rid of him, to the point of eating part of his salary.

I guess Hopkins isn’t getting his preference of going to Dallas. OBJ neither. Might make either of those easier for us to get one.

He is a much better WR than JuJu.
Cooks has certainly had a better career but the point is about right now. Right now I do t think cooks is much better and in fact I think right now Juju may be a better option and may be the better WR right now . He has put up a season superior to any of cooks. He is 3 years younger and has less durability issues.

At even money Juju is the better choice for the pats.

He is a much better WR than JuJu. Never quite understood why a WR with his production bounced around so much.

I would have made that deal especially if I could get a couple year extension with him at around or 12m per.
Over their careers, Cooks is not that much better on a per game basis. They are different players really.

Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 3.21.53 PM.png

Additionally they are paying a 26 year old JuJu $11m and did not have to give up any picks as opposed to Cooks who will be 30 in Sept $12m and they get to keep their 5th and 6th.

I just don't see Cooks taking the offense to the next level. Neither does JuJu. Both are complimentary pieces.

Last edited:
He would have been a nice addition, but this rules out Dallas from going after Hopkins so guess it works out in NEs favor.

Cooks is charmin soft.

81RnLD-4BFL.jpg

The Texans clearly wanted to get rid of him, to the point of eating part of his salary.
Please explain... I do not get why you'd describe him as soft

Over their careers, Cooks is not that much better on a per game basis. They are different players really.

View attachment 50523

Additionally they are paying a 26 year old JuJu $11m and did not have to give up any picks as opposed to Cooks who will be 30 in Sept $12m and they get to keep their 5th and 6th.

I just don't see Cooks taking the offense to the next level. Neither does JuJu. Both are complimentary pieces.
Cooks is 8 million not 11 . If he achieves his incentives wouldn't be complaining of 11 million.

Cooks has certainly had a better career but the point is about right now. Right now I do t think cooks is much better and in fact I think right now Juju may be a better option and may be the better WR right now . He has put up a season superior to any of cooks. He is 3 years younger and has less durability issues.

At even money Juju is the better choice for the pats.
One season, 5 years ago, that was a clear outlier where he got targeted 166 times. The only 1k season in 6 years.

Cook has had 6 1k seasons, 4 of which 1.1k. They are in different leagues.

Cooks is 3 years older and so may be over the hill and I did not watch him last year but I still think he will be the better WR over the next couple seasons.

Cooks is also the 1st player in NFL history to reach 1000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons with 3 different teams
Not disputing everything else you mentioned but this is a meaningless stat. Any top WR would accomplish this if traded 3 years in a row in their prime. Hill, Jefferson, Chase, Hopkins, Adams, Diggs.

Cooks is 8 million not 11 . If he achieves his incentives wouldn't be complaining of 11 million.
Thats not what I read.

Cooks is being paid $18m next year. DAL is paying $12m, HOU $6m.

Well there we go now...

My commentary on the Cowboys ...

I enjoy over-hyped Dak sucking and Jerry looking pale and like a corpse when they are losing.

Let’s compare him to the other 1st round WR in his draft class Cooks was taken 20th

He is light years better than Sammy Watkins (the 4th overall pick) and kelvin benjamin who were taken in the same 1st round as cooks.

He has more yards per year avg than OBJ (12th overall pick )in the same amount of years

He is about 175 yards per year and 200 yards per year behind Hopkins and Evans(7th overall pick))

Cooks is also the 1st player in NFL history to reach 1000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons with 3 different teams and he has played in two superbowls

How is he an underachiever?
I'm not sure that is the complement you think it is.

If he is so good why did he keep getting traded?o_O

I'm not sure that is the complement you think it is.

If he is so good why did he keep getting traded?o_O
Eric ****erson was traded 4 times. Danny Amendola played on 4 different teams in 5 years

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back