PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady “checked out” after Steelers loss in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Not going to speculate but I hope this is only coming from the voices in Bedard’s head and not the team itself as the real source.

I’d like to think the Krafts are above stuff like the Globe-style hit job pieces with the Red Sox.

Checked out? Seems there was a lot of fight left in him in that KC playoff game...

Recommend checking Bedard for a fever. Quarrantine his posts 14 days. Then another 2 weeks, just to be safe. Then another 2....

Checked out in the middle of a super bowl winning season. Makes sense

3DE53118-4F6E-4BD4-85E4-AD99BD84341B.gif

Does this look like a man who checked out?

Ok, is anyone else tired of reading headlines about a guy who no longer is a player of the N. E. Patriots? He left so it's time to move on.....there will be a time in the future when Patriots fans can celebrate his achievements as the QB who won 6 Titles. I'm sure Mr. Kraft will have something memorable planned but as of now who gives a sh*t about what happened then.....Tom's a Buc and Stid is the "potential" QB of the future for the team, enough already.

To be fair, I checked out around the Steelers game and checked back in during the Chiefs game. Probably not a unique experience.

You weren’t playing.

I’m skeptical and I’m no Brady humper. I suspect he was pissed after the Steelers game and then reconnected. After that Steelers loss, they won five in a row culminating in the SB.

I’m not saying I believe Bedard.

But I’m open to the possibility that he didn’t want the run heavy offense. I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought that - after the Steelers game - the team was going nowhere. And so, despite the fact that they won the SB, it’s very possible Brady still had enormous confidence in his passing ability and thought it best to « give him the chance to win it » like he had done so many times before.

love me some Brady, but he can be whiny. This isn’t out of the realm...

To be honest, I checked out after the Steelers game too because something else came on that channel that I didn't care to watch.

To be fair, the rest of Bedard's column was about the ending of HOF quarterbacks' careers with their original teams like Marino, Montana, Bradshaw, Favre, and etc...and how it always ended ugly with the exception of Manning/Elway who both went out on top.

Guys, you’re not keeping things in context! Bedard meant that Brady wanted to check out of a run play to a pass play :D

That is impossible. Seeing how dialed in he was against sd and kc, there is no way anybody who has checked out plays that well.

Ok, is anyone else tired of reading headlines about a guy who no longer is a player of the N. E. Patriots? He left so it's time to move on.....there will be a time in the future when Patriots fans can celebrate his achievements as the QB who won 6 Titles. I'm sure Mr. Kraft will have something memorable planned but as of now who gives a sh*t about what happened then.....Tom's a Buc and Stid is the "potential" QB of the future for the team, enough already.

There must be a substantial audience for this sort of thing, given the continued existence of gossip outlets for example. I imagine it's a hot steamy schadenfreude fantasy for the Patriots haters in particular.

Last edited:
There was an article on Pats Pulpit that made a case the Pats were transforming the team for life after Brady.
It's mostly theory and light on examples, but they drafted a running back and receiver in the first round for the first time ever under Belichick.

Maybe you experts can find some other examples, like offensive linemen that are better at run blocking vs pass protection?

How the New England Patriots are preparing for life after Tom Brady - Pats Pulpit

It also points out they started out pre-season with a bunch of receivers, but things fell off pretty badly. Josh Gordon became Josh Gordon, went all in on Antonio Brown (big mistake), burned a second on Sanu, and mistakenly traded away Demaryius Tomas as part of the AB debacle.

I think the Sanu trade was mostly a desperate attempt to keep Brady happy after he lost his new binky to mental illness.

I also am of the opinion there is some negative influence from McDaniels. I pray he never becomes HC/GM. He likes his shiny objects too much. I put the Antonio Brown ****-show on him. That seemed like a very un-BB move. Also possibly the last 2 first round draft picks. This all seemed to be one last ditch attempt to wring one more SB run out of the Brady era.

This is where I believe we see the comments from BB about no longer having to build a team around Brady. I read it as no longer having to find veteran receivers that will mesh with the star quarterback, being able to go run heavy on offense, pouring your assets into the defense, and also developing young receivers.

Don't get me wrong and hold the dislikes (how dare I criticize Saint Tom!!!) when you have the GOAT quarterback, you absolutely build the team around him.

Like it or not, this is 100% BB's team now.

Did he watch the KC and Chargers games? I mean WTF.

I also am of the opinion there is some negative influence from McDaniels. I pray he never becomes HC/GM.

This is a guy who used a first round pick on Tim Freaking Tebow. I think that is all you need to know about him.

That is impossible. Seeing how dialed in he was against sd and kc, there is no way anybody who has checked out plays that well.

I think the bye week during the playoffs may have rejuvenated him. Being "checked out" doesn't mean you don't check back in later on. Brady may have been frustrated about the run-first offense, but part of that is on him since he wasn't playing anywhere near his 2017 season. If McD doesn't transform the offense around Michel and the running game, SB 53 doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down