PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ben Johnson staying in Detroit.

Well, actually, it might have a potential effect - if Ben Johnson left Detroit, Tanner Engstrand may have been promoted to the Detroit OC job. With Johnson staying put, Engstrand is more likely to be open for hire.

Yeah, I thought of that after. My question was more about why this news in particular would make someone angry about the Pats not hiring someone yet.

Yeah, I thought of that after. My question was more about why this news in particular would make someone angry about the Pats not hiring someone yet.
Yeah, angry I don't know. It's possible that the Pats are waiting on this in regards to Engstrand, but not necessarily. I think people need to calm down. The majority of teams with OC openings haven't filled those openings yet. The ones who have are almost all teams who didn't replace their HC this year, or just recently filled it within the past couple days.

It's labeled off topic. But it does potentially impact the Patriots because they've already interviewed Tanner Engstrand, who would have been in line for a potential promotion with the Lions if Johnson had left. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

There's no confusion. Where's the Patriots OC?

The Commanders bet the whole load on Johnson. Now he is gone and so are some of the other coaches they probably would have gone to next.

I don't see Belichick as an option. The Commanders just hired the most sought after GM prospect on the market. No way are they going to bring in Belichick and under cut Peters. I know he was a scout under Belichick a long time ago in his early career, but I don't know if he really had much interaction with Belichick as a low level scout. So I don't know if they would be on the same page.

My early favorite for the Commanders job now would be Vrabel.

What does this news have to do with the Patriots?

My reply is sarcasm.
Yes. Coaching changes (or not in this case) have nothing to with the Patriots who currently don't have an offensive coaching staff. What other teams are doing or not doing have absolutely no affect on us.

Good for him. Bad play calls on 4th down lost that game. I want no part of Skippy version 2.

The Commanders bet the whole load on Johnson. Now he is gone and so are some of the other coaches they probably would have gone to next.

I don't see Belichick as an option. The Commanders just hired the most sought after GM prospect on the market. No way are they going to bring in Belichick and under cut Peters. I know he was a scout under Belichick a long time ago in his early career, but I don't know if he really had much interaction with Belichick as a low level scout. So I don't know if they would be on the same page.

My early favorite for the Commanders job now would be Vrabel.
I agree. Unless Bill was willing to relinquish some personnel control I don’t think Washington would even consider him. Wild that 10 years ago Washington had 5 current NFL head coaches on their coaching staff and could be 6 if Slowik gets a job. They are now about to hire their 4th head coach in that same timespan.

I suspect the issue with Pats OC opening is that no one wants it.

Krafts would’t want that narrative out there (because it’s embarrassing as hell), so instead they are publicly “casting a wide net to get the right fit”.

I suspect the issue with Pats OC opening is that no one wants it.

Krafts would’t want that narrative out there (because it’s embarrassing as hell), so instead they are publicly “casting a wide net to get the right fit”.

That's certainly possible (maybe even likely), but it's also a first year HC who, based on the guys they're bringing in, wants to transition to an offense that this team hasn't run before. I think there's a lot of factors they need to consider, and given we're not even at the Super Bowl yet, I think they've got a least a week or two before it starts getting concerning.

That's certainly possible (maybe even likely), but it's also a first year HC who, based on the guys they're bringing in, wants to transition to an offense that this team hasn't run before. I think there's a lot of factors they need to consider, and given we're not even at the Super Bowl yet, I think they've got a least a week or two before it starts getting concerning.
Fair.

I’m in favor of hiring the best current TE coach available.

I like that the position has to be involved in both passing and running game concepts as well as understand blocking schemes.

So Caley, and TE coaches from Det/SF

Yes. Coaching changes (or not in this case) have nothing to with the Patriots who currently don't have an offensive coaching staff. What other teams are doing or not doing have absolutely no affect on us.

Let me help you understand what I was saying.

Where is the Patriots OC?

Are you implying that our OC is currently still on a active team? Are you saying our OC is gonna come here based on what those who are still in the playoffs do and don't do?

Ya, not buying it.

Going on almost a month here.

@JackBauer you put an emoji on every single thing I post. Rent free. Also 24 is a trash show.

You should see the *****ing and crying he did in my private messages when I returned the favor.

These people have nothing to say. They're NPC.

You should see the *****ing and crying he did in my private messages when I returned the favor.

These people have nothing to say. They're NPC.
You didn't "return" any favor. You just spammed a bunch of random posts with negative ratings because you're easily triggered, a common side effect of being hung like a light switch.

You didn't "return" any favor. You just spammed a bunch of random posts with negative ratings because you're hung like a light switch.

What a triggering response. Just like your private messages.

With us it's "spamming" with you it's our "****" takes.

You can't handle the pressure but it's not your fault. You're NPC.

What a triggering response. Just like your private messages.

With us it's "spamming" with you it's our "****" takes.

You can't handle the pressure but it's not your fault. You're NPC.
I'm glad you're finally catching on. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

I'm glad you're finally catching on. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

You shouldn't go public with your insecurities. It was best you *****ed in private.

You couldn't help your self though. Triggering indeed.

You shouldn't go public with your insecurities. It was best you *****ed in private.

You couldn't help your self though. Triggering indeed.
That makes a ton of sense save for the fact that you're the one who brought it up.

Well, actually, it might have a potential effect - if Ben Johnson left Detroit, Tanner Engstrand may have been promoted to the Detroit OC job. With Johnson staying put, Engstrand is more likely to be open for hire.

Edit: NVM you beat me to this a couple minutes ago already...
Meanwhile second interview with Getsy.
He has a flight to New Orleans tomorrow.
Betting Mayo offers him a place on the staff prior to leaving?
Especially if we wants Fields or Daniels.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back