PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bad news - "it" is back...

I like the FDR quote that none of the young people know about nowadays: “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”

Hi Patsfans. Sorry I have not been here for a while. I met with the Surgeon a few days ago and he said that he basically he took out all of the cancer and that the margins and surrounding lymph nodes are negative. I still have to meet with the oncologist next week so if you are inclined to pray for me, please ask that I am well enough that the Dr. does not need to assign additional chemotherapy. ;) On the other hand, if you are tired of hearing about this, I apologize. :(

Excellent news! A missive to Saint Gertrude is on it's way, as insurance...

Someone once said there are two kinds of prayers: please please please, and thank you thank you thank you.

One of each sent Upstairs, as well as an Our Father, three Hail Mary's, and a Glory Be.

God be with you, Sammy.

Hi Patsfans. Sorry I have not been here for a while. I met with the Surgeon a few days ago and he said that he basically he took out all of the cancer and that the margins and surrounding lymph nodes are negative. I still have to meet with the oncologist next week so if you are inclined to pray for me, please ask that I am well enough that the Dr. does not need to assign additional chemotherapy. ;) On the other hand, if you are tired of hearing about this, I apologize. :(
That is great news.. You know I got your back, Sammy.

Always glad to hear encouraging reports about your progress. Only reason I’d be tired of hearing about it is because I’m tired of you having it to report on. Much better to have you reporting on catlike quickness of Patriots players!

I believe that when the docs say it is gone, the tradition now is to Ring the Bell. We're all listening for it.

On a related note - a woman about my age (she's the receptionist for a client - which means she runs the place) went on vacation last summer, felt bad, and wound up with breast cancer/double mastectomy. Chemo, radiation, and some reconstructive surgery and rehab.

She was back at work by mid February / early March, and outside the Sinead O'Connor look (about which I will NOT hesitate to tease her!) she's looking great and has all her energy back. And, to be honest, her hair has come back a lot.

The victories are out there - I have faith you've grabbed yours.

I am always on the lookout for updates, and always hoping it's tremendous news. It seems like we're just about to that point of having the best news. Prayers, well wishes, happy thoughts, coming your way...maybe even a sacrifice of some kind...

Seriously though, my wife does this thing called spelani that kinda is like the Afghan version of sending positive vibes. We'll do that. You're almost there brother!

Pray for you Sammy ... you have made a huge impact here ...
Many members love you .... let that be an impetus ..
forum here has a huge love for you ... stay strong ...
and know we all care ... lifetime catnip ... from us ... okay.

I believe that when the docs say it is gone, the tradition now is to Ring the Bell. We're all listening for it.

On a related note - a woman about my age (she's the receptionist for a client - which means she runs the place) went on vacation last summer, felt bad, and wound up with breast cancer/double mastectomy. Chemo, radiation, and some reconstructive surgery and rehab.

She was back at work by mid February / early March, and outside the Sinead O'Connor look (about which I will NOT hesitate to tease her!) she's looking great and has all her energy back. And, to be honest, her hair has come back a lot.

The victories are out there - I have faith you've grabbed yours.
I there's a difference between remission and cancer free. I will have 5 years of surveillance before I can ring the bell. :rolleyes:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back