PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Astros caught cheating to win their title!

hqdefault.jpg

When I played, there was only ONE sign! Just one signal we’d use. I took that signal to every game and kept it snug in my locker room. It died in 2006 after a courageous battle with dementia. It disgusts me what the Astros did. To steal a sign is an affront all humanity! Also, I. Don’t. Believe. Tom. Brady.

I don’t understand how they can pull this off. Once the pitcher agrees with the catcher’s signals, there’s only a few seconds or so until he goes into his throwing motion. The batter needs to have his eyes trained on the pitcher. So, how do they relay the pitch call to the batter fast enough?

I get why teams would try to do it. It’s a slow paced 3+ hour game played every single day. They might as well do something to entertain themselves.

The video posted earlier shows a way they did it. 1 bang of the bat for slider, 2 bangs of the bat for change up and if he heard nothing he knows a fastballs coming. Plenty of time to do this before he throws the pitch.

At a minimum I think this warrants shutting down the league all together and turning all baseball-only stadiums into giant outdoor Asian massage emporiums.

At a minimum I think this warrants shutting down the league all together and turning all baseball-only stadiums into giant outdoor Asian massage emporiums.
That's gross. But I agree with shutting down the terminally boring anachronism that is MLB, a/k/a pastoral sleepytime summer lawn recreation.

Of course not. Baseball is so irrelevant that similar to the Cardinals hacking scandal a few years back nobody will give a **** about it.
Seriously. A guy is in a federal penitentiary because of that, but it didn’t get 1/100th the coverage of an equipment violation that evidence says didn’t even happen.

Simple solution. Change signals more often. A "1" does not have to be a fastball every batter or every inning. Go through sequences even when no one is on base. Teams invest 100's of millions into their teams yet they do not spend an extra minute trying to be more deceptive?

We changed signals regularly in little league. Not difficult to keep the other team off guard.

Rams walk through - I realize it never happened but if it did we are supposed to believe that a team preparing for the Super Bowl would run specific secret game plays in an open stadium in front of random people including someone that may be filming them? It never made sense or passed the smell test. I doubt BB allows the hotel bus boy to be in the ballroom when plays are being walked through let alone doing it at the stadium.

Rams walk through - I realize it never happened but if it did we are supposed to believe that a team preparing for the Super Bowl would run specific secret game plays in an open stadium in front of random people including someone that may be filming them? It never made sense or passed the smell test. I doubt BB allows the hotel bus boy to be in the ballroom when plays are being walked through let alone doing it at the stadium.

I believe that it did happen.

If you recall, the Pats were practicing outdoors (LSU?} and they spotted someone watching their practice from afar. It may have been spying on the Pats from a building if memory serves me. I totally buy into BB giving the Rams a giant FU and that 2 can play that game. Didnt the same thing happen with the 2007 Meadow lands Jets game and Mangini? I believe so. I know that Mangini stole a NEP laptop on his way to the Jets. To me, BB is the type to handle things in house and not run crying to the NFL. Old School guy.

Also, were talking about the Rams HC Mike Martz who never missed a chance to throw caution the wind. Remember how he coached on game day? Recklessly to say the least.

Does this mean my dodgers finally got another title in 2017??!

I stopped watching MLB many years ago, but weren't the Dodgers also accused of cheating a while back?

Wait, so this cat knew they were cheating to win a WS and didn’t say anything when it benefited him, but now that he is no longer a member of the organization, he’s gonna blow the whistle?? I haven’t read into it yet, I’m at work. Maybe my answer is there. :D

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I stopped watching MLB many years ago, but weren't the Dodgers also accused of cheating a while back?

not that I recall but as long as it wasnt 2017 the newly crowned title is still legit!

The regular douchebags are checking in.

Baseball doesn't care about sign stealing. TBH everyone is expected to do it.

Football on the other hand, Goodell wanted a controversy to 'punish' the Patriots for being too successful.

I loved seeing his lying sack of **** face when he had to hand the Lombardi over to Kraft after the trumped up 'Deflategate' ******** that got Brady suspended 4 games for nothing. The pain was mostly on the inside but so clear on his plastic face.

Brady's legacy has been tarnished forever by NYFL lies. Here's an example;

I was sitting at the bar in my favorite North End restaurant a couple of weeks ago and struck up a conversation with a very nice couple from Ohio. The husband asked me a question about the Celtics but then the conversation switched to the Pats. His first comment was "whether Brady cheated or not he's still the best."

These are the kind of discussions that come up even with some people who call themselves Pats fans. That's the reason that I'm waiting for Brady to retire so I can dump the NYFL for good.

I’m sure no matter what the punishment is, somebody will be on tv arguing it was nowhere near harsh enough.

If there was indeed a walkthrough tape that would have probably ruined SB36 for me. I would have a hard time defending something like that.

Filming from the wrong spot because you made a mistake interpreting the memo is easy to defend. The league was ridiculous going over the top like they did. But the walkthrough tape is entirely different imo. That would be systemic like what the Astros did.

Last edited:
Yes, we already know your opinion about this, Bob.

Seriously. A guy is in a federal penitentiary because of that, but it didn’t get 1/100th the coverage of an equipment violation that evidence says didn’t even happen.

It's almost like MLB realizes that publicly trashing one of your best teams is bad for business. As you pointed out, the Cardinals hacking scandal resulted in real jail time for an employee, but I couldn't tell you what the penalties were for the team. Not even in a vague, general way, like "the largest in league history."

A year or two ago, the Yankees blew the whistle on the Red Sox for someone wearing a smart watch in the dugout. It was a headline for a day, but that was it. A couple of days later, the league announced there was an undisclosed fine and that was the end of it. We'll see if this Astros story goes the same way. I'm betting we won't get leaks from anonymous MLB sources saying things like "This is the tip of the iceberg" or league friendly media people building this up a huge, huge deal to make sure people don't forget about it.

Brady's legacy has been tarnished forever by NYFL lies. Here's an example;

I was sitting at the bar in my favorite North End restaurant a couple of weeks ago and struck up a conversation with a very nice couple from Ohio. The husband asked me a question about the Celtics but then the conversation switched to the Pats. His first comment was "whether Brady cheated or not he's still the best."

These are the kind of discussions that come up even with some people who call themselves Pats fans. That's the reason that I'm waiting for Brady to retire so I can dump the NYFL for good.

I don't think that conversation sounded too bad TBH...a lot of people aren't sure what happened in deflategate, especially for folks who didn't analyze (and over analyze) it the way we did...

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back