PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Aretha Franklin Has Died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I never really got into the Motown/Soul scene there is no denying that she had a commanding voice. Just reminds you to enjoy what you have before it's gone.

I am not from her time but i know a lot of musicians have sampled her music. A lot of great artists paying their respect from my generation. It’s good to see that respect for a pioneer and a legend.

One of the greatest singers ever with an amazing voice! RIP.

If you have Sirius/XM radio, their soul channel (Soul Town, 49) has become an Aretha tribute channel for now.

This is, to me, the GOAT popular singer. When properly motivated she could be anything she wanted, be it a butterfly or a blowtorch. Aretha was a complete badass.

She was a pain in the ass up in Motown and nobody could work with her. No hits.

As in life, strange things occur and Franklin migrated to Muscls Shoals Alabama. Maybe those damn racists could do something with her. Well, yes. 5 White guys were her band and Aretha released her first big hit. Many more were to follow and the legend of Muscle Shoals was born. Muscle Shoals was revered as "Hitsville" and if you lucky enough to get in you were money in the bank.

Greg Allman camped out in the parking lot in a tent and they would not let him record there because it was not their kind of music. Lynard Skynard wanted to cut an album there and they were turned away. Shoals had their pick of the litter.

The Stones recorded "Sticky Fingers" at Shoals. It was like visiting Blues Mecca to the band. listening to the album, you understand the whole country premise for this period in time of their music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back