PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Aaron Rodgers A very disturbing Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe his brother was a contestant on the Bachelorette this last season and he regularly spoke about Aaron being a prick who never talks to them. I heard that on the radio several times the past few months.

To be fair, I think it bears repeating that his brother was on the Bachelorette. Not to read too much into that, but it's entirely possible that he's justified in cutting his family off. particularly the brother who goes on reality shows and has no issue airing out his grievances on primetime TV. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that guy being someone I wouldn't want in my life either.

Sounds like this stuff is more common than we might think. I'm pretty sure Drew Brees is estranged from his mom as well. Money and fame do weird things to people, and equally weird things to the relatives who feel they're owed a piece of it. Which is to blame here... who knows. I don't think we can reasonably even guess without knowing a whole lot more.

To be fair, I think it bears repeating that his brother was on the Bachelorette. Not to read too much into that, but it's entirely possible that he's justified in cutting his family off. particularly the brother who goes on reality shows and has no issue airing out his grievances on primetime TV. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that guy being someone I wouldn't want in my life either.

Sounds like this stuff is more common than we might think. I'm pretty sure Drew Brees is estranged from his mom as well. Money and fame do weird things to people, and equally weird things to the relatives who feel they're owed a piece of it. Which is to blame here... who knows. I don't think we can reasonably even guess without knowing a whole lot more.

Drew Brees' mom died recently, but yes you are correct, he was not on speaking terms with her. there are so many broken families across america, much more than we think.

Yeah I don't know who is right and wrong or the details of the situation - I just figured I would mention it.

Yeah, they weren't talking for some time. Drew stated that their relationship was improving before she died but who knows. I believe his mother's death was ruled a suicide as well. Horrible

This is TMZ tier content posted on Fox News about an athlete outside of the context of sports.

Lots of people are estranged from their family.

I doubt that has to do with his struggles though.

How about regulation PSI in footballs? ;)

I've heard over and over that he's a weird guy.

a lot of people are talking about his life and relationship with his family like they know anything. I dont want to pretend like we or this writer have any idea what is going on in this guys life or his family relationships and I am certainly not going to judge him for something that a writer has heard rumors about

Yeah, a lot of Patriot fans on this thread sound like they read a Tomase article and believed it.

Yoko Munno

It wouldnt be the first time that a guy made decisions with the wrong head.

Respect him greatly as a QB but I've never liked the guy. Just got even easier to root against him.
What this story tells you is how weak an individual Aaron Rodgers is. Anyone (male or female) who let's a singular relationship blow up their family bond is a weak individual.
NOTHING would get between me and saying a final goodbye to a family member.

Me neither. Glad I'm not the only one. Something about this guy just always rubbed me the wrong way. Granted, we don't know the whole story and the truth is usually some where in the middle but that was a sad story to read and did not make Rodgers look good.

None of us have any idea about whats going on. The article in question is hearsay evidence at best, and presents only 1 side of the issue. It could just as easily be that Roger's family kept hitting him up for money, bling, whatever and he has had enough. We don't know, and to be honest, it isn't any of our business.

Just let it go.

Absolutely none of our business .............
Yup. I'm so sick and tired of people feeling athlete's personal lives are up for discussion /comment. People do it to Brady all the time ever since the Moynahan breakup. Constantly gossiping about stuff they have no first person experience with, or right to speak on, but people act like it's their right to do so just because they're famous.

Last edited:

FWIW, my rudimentary understanding of this is that they were estranged well before Jordan appeared on The Bachelorette.

Not for any of us to judge regarding his personal life.

I can only say that based off his interviews and pressers that he has an interesting sense of dry humour, forehead actually comes off as more genuine but then again Im sure Pats haters can call Brady someone who is always politically correct etc.

I don't get why people are ragging on Rodgers for this. We honestly have NO idea what's really going on there. Sounds like there's a lot of brokenness there, and we should be hoping that there's reconciliation and restoration, instead of jumping on the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back