PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Orlovsky: "In the rain on the road against the greatest defensive mind ever in NFL history." Footsie Rex Ryan: "That's debatable."

There is a reason BB has accomplished what he has and Rex spends his days at ESPN, eating Drakes Cakes and massaging his wife's feet.
tumblr_n8ivwe0kQK1r9u31po3_250.gifv

I hear they're all the rage.

Mission accomplished: Rex now owns real estate inside your head
Felger meets with his real estate agent at 2PM.
My favorite is the people who:

* Get very angry about sports media and sports media personalities
* Constantly talk about and post links to aforementioned sports media and sports media personalities.
* Can't understand how those aforementioned sports media and sports media personalities stay in business.

Has another coach talked more ****, accomplished nothing, and been banished to daytime filler TV quicker than Rex Ryan?

He does “except” the right to be silent.
His wife’s gnarly toes have accepted the right to silence him from time to time.

I never saw this one before.

There is a reason BB has accomplished what he has and Rex spends his days at ESPN, eating Drakes Cakes and massaging his wife's feet.
To be fair, who were Rex's QBs?

Like let's be honest: if Brady was on those 2009 and 2010 Jets teams...

If Belichick had Sanchez... he isn't winning anything.

He sounds like a lot of Brady boys who post here when it comes to Belichick.
Such arrogance.

Nothing wrong with debating a coach or player.

There have been plenty of Defensive geniuses in the NFL. Chuck Knoll, **** Labeua, Buddy Ryan.

The Patriots have had great defensives under Bill but none that compare to the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens.

If you want to pick Bill over all others that's fine, but nothing about Bill as a defensive genius, which he is, separates him so drastically from those others geniuses that you can't discuss it.

The pats didn't win 6 Superbowls as a result of great defense alone. Only the wins against the Rams were true great defensive games, holding the greatest show to 17 points and the great performance of holding the other Rams to 3 points

Other than that he gave up 21 or more points in all other wins, it was the offense that has to play great those games to win.

That doesn't mean Bill isn't a defensive genius, because he is. But it's not like every Superbowl win was holding teams under 10 points and every year he had a top 3 def.

Bill has had a lot of mediocre defenses and his def against the Eagles in the Superbowl was a horrible performance.

I still pick Bill as the superior HC because he is also an underrated offensive mind. His offenses have been great and he definitely has had a huge role in that.

Greatest overall coach IMO. But I can see the argument where others could be considered better with defense

Such arrogance.

Nothing wrong with debating a coach or player.

There have been plenty of Defensive geniuses in the NFL. Chuck Knoll, **** Labeua, Buddy Ryan.

The Patriots have had great defensives under Bill but none that compare to the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens.

If you want to pick Bill over all others that's fine, but nothing about Bill as a defensive genius, which he is, separates him so drastically from those others geniuses that you can't discuss it.

The pats didn't win 6 Superbowls as a result of great defense alone. Only the wins against the Rams were true great defensive games, holding the greatest show to 17 points and the great performance of holding the other Rams to 3 points

Other than that he gave up 21 or more points in all other wins, it was the offense that has to play great those games to win.

That doesn't mean Bill isn't a defensive genius, because he is. But it's not like every Superbowl win was holding teams under 10 points and every year he had a top 3 def.

Bill has had a lot of mediocre defenses and his def against the Eagles in the Superbowl was a horrible performance.

I still pick Bill as the superior HC because he is also an underrated offensive mind. His offenses have been great and he definitely has had a huge role in that.

Greatest overall coach IMO. But I can see the argument where others could be considered better with defense

My post isn't that deep. Rex is a blowhard who takes every opportunity to throw shade at Belichick. Same as the Brady boys.

Correct it's not an argument. I'm stopping it in it's tracks.

You are going down the BB sucks without Brady rabbit hole and i'm not doing it.
Every HC ever needs a QB. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

Sanchez was terrible. Those Jets team were talented and had a great defensive.

It's not a stretch to the imagination that with a better QB that the Jets pull of a Superbowl.

But Rex is nowhere near the HC and GM Bill is and even he acknowledges that.

But the debate mentioned wasn't about overall ability but defensive genius. It's fair to think that other coaches have matched and maybe even surpassed Bill purely on defense.

I personally wouldn't place anyone above Bill for defense but thale debate has merit

Every HC ever needs a QB. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

Sanchez was terrible. Those Jets team were talented and had a great defensive.

It's not a stretch to the imagination that with a better QB that the Jets pull of a Superbowl.

But Rex is nowhere near the HC and GM Bill is and even he acknowledges that.

But the debate mentioned wasn't about overall ability but defensive genius. It's fair to think that other coaches have matched and maybe even surpassed Bill purely on defense.

I personally wouldn't place anyone above Bill for defense but thale debate has merit
Fine. If BB is coach of the NYJ the same time Rex is there it's an argument based on hypotheticals and conjecture.

No interest in debating that which is why I shut it down.

Fine. If BB is coach of the NYJ the same time Rex is there it's an argument based on hypotheticals and conjecture.

No interest in debating that which is why I shut it down.
Debating if Ryan would have won is pointless.

The defensive genius of Bill vs other defensive geniuses on the other hand is not.

Bill's greatest defensive coaching job was probably the Giants vs Bills Superbowl because he used a unique technique of intentionally allowing the run to stop the pass which the Bills couldn't help themselves from trying to use.

That has more or less became Bill's signature.

Taking away what the other team either wanted to do on offense or what they had to do.

Examples were taking away Marshall Faulk from the Rams, and even last night he gave up the run knowing the Bucs would want to have success through the air.

His best Def was the 04 Pats. But the 04 Pats def doesn't compare to the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. It's more in the catagory of the legion of boom.

But even that 04 team didn't have a defensive defining win in the Superbowl giving up 21 points to a puking McNabb. The year before they up 29 points to the Panthers with Jake Delhomme.

The Seahawks only gave up 8 points to the highest scoring offense of all time. The Ravens only gave up 7 in their win and the Bears with 10.

However Bill did have the 3 points only given up which was an incredible defensive performance.

I still choose Bill but I wouldn't laugh at someone for choosing another defensive genius either

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back