PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Original title was major clickbait] Adam Jones from WEEI thinks Patriots should trade Mac Jones for Trey Lance

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade Mac Jones for Trey Lance?

• 1 - Yes, Let's go for the higher Upside

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 2 - No, I'm sticking with team Mac

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • 3 - Maybe if we get something extra back in return?

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • 4 - RLKAG

Votes: 33 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lance was a legitimate prospect/project coming out of college. Cannon arm, could run out of the building. Due to injuries or whatever else he hasn’t progressed one iota. You would figure he would of atleast adjusted a little bit to nfl speed? To me he looked more frantic than Mac in the pocket when on the field and that’s in a Shanahan offense that has a lot of success making QBs feel comfortable. As intriguing as his skill set is and as outlandish as this talk is I’d have to say no. This isn’t even a rumor, its just a talking head throwing stuff out there.

He wasn't really though.

He threw a grand total of 320 passes in high school, and only 208 in college, in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. It's actually insane that he got so much hype based on nothing but traits.

There will be an illusion that Bill is under pressure by Kraft, but Kraft isn’t going to fire him if they have another non playoff season.

You could spin this as being a bad look on Kraft if he fired Bill after bringing the most titles to Boston in NFL History.
Yes, but Bill got rid of the GOAT.

His word has been 5hit the last 3 years.

He wasn't really though.

He threw a grand total of 320 passes in high school, and only 208 in college, in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. It's actually insane that he got so much hype based on nothing but traits.

Let's face it. If it wasn't for Josh Allen, Lance and incredibly raw QBs like him probably would be day three picks. Because the Bills turned Allen into a top QB in the league, everyone is looking for the next Josh Allen.

So here is the tweet concerning the Mac Jones for Lance rumor:

Would you do it? Do you believe in Trey Lance's upside or do you go with maybe a 'safer' play and stay with Mac Jones?

Adam Jones just needs a story to talk about. Lance was labeled a boom or bust player before he was drafted. It's obvious which direction his career is trending.

So here is the tweet concerning the Mac Jones for Lance rumor:

Would you do it? Do you believe in Trey Lance's upside or do you go with maybe a 'safer' play and stay with Mac Jones?

LOL of the people whining at the OP thread title...
I 100% believe Bill the GM would get rid off Mac Jones for a third round pick if he could get it. It is obvious that since Jones dared show displeasure with the "offensive" coaching last year that he has been on Bill the Coach's sh#tlist. If he could get Lance for Jones Bill the GM would do it in a heartbeat. Obviously, Bill the GM would have to convince the owner. Bill the Coach and his handpicked OC can't even bring themselves to MENTION Mac Jones by name! The Coaches hate Mac Jones down at One Patriot Place. Bill the Coach and Bill the OC can't even bring themselves to say one positive thing about their first round draft pick quarterback...it's really pathetic and shows how vindictive and childish they are down there. Lest we forget Bill the Coach couldn't even wear Kraft's anti-semitism pin in the proper place - the guy wore it down under his belly button. Give me a break.
The curse of the Bambino 2023?

History always repeats itself.

For the three of you, plus Adam Jones:

model24b.jpg

The title says “Adam Jones thinks…”

I’ve heard little to no evidence of that. That time slot for ‘EEI is a black hole of idiocy.

The title says “Adam Jones thinks…”

I’ve heard little to no evidence of that. That time slot for ‘EEI is a black hole of idiocy.

Adam Jones is a poor man's contrarian impossible to take seriously. His entire shtick is finding the negative spin and running with it, hoping to trigger people into calling in so he can insult them while doubling down. Plus, he talks really fast in that high-pitched nervous tone that sounds like a psych ward escapee on speed. If/when he comes on, off goes my radio.

No he DIDN'T and saying it in every post isn't going to make it so
Youre out in left field as usual by the simple FACT that Kraft repeated numerous times that if the decision was up to him that Brady would stay in NE. BB wanted Brady out.

I'm not going to go over what happened again so don't bother with one of your 75,000 word posts. I don't read them and I have no respect for Brandon minions.

Adam jones is a poor mans felger. but even he makes felger look like sunshine and rainbows. his whole show is doom and gloom over all boston sports.

either way, Mac Jones has shown more than Trey lance in the NFL. Theres a reason the niners are shopping him.

Let's face it. If it wasn't for Josh Allen, Lance and incredibly raw QBs like him probably would be day three picks. Because the Bills Brian Daboll turned Allen into a top QB in the league, everyone is looking for the next Josh Allen.
Fify

Youre out in left field as usual by the simple FACT that Kraft repeated numerous times that if the decision was up to him that Brady would stay in NE. BB wanted Brady out.

I'm not going to go over what happened again so don't bother with one of your 75,000 word posts. I don't read them and I have no respect for Brandon minions.
Then I will be succinct. Y

our comment ignores anything that has to do with FOOTBALL and the simple facts that Brady was 42, they were in cap hell, the roster was bad, his wife wanted leave, and it was in BRADY's best interests to leave for a team better suited to compete for titles IMMEDIATELY. But go ahead, ignore that and continue to spew the lie that poor Tommy was desperate to stay and mean old Bill "forced" him to leave.

No one forces you to read my posts in fact I would prefer it if you put me on "ignore"

CYdNE80WAAAU5FK.jpg:large

Speaking of Adam Jones, we probably should start a death watch for him and the WEEI's program director. The afternoon ratings have plummeted since they replaced Merloni and Faria for Jones and Arcand. I read somewhere that the Jones and Mego show was 15th in the ratings in March. I don't think Merloni, Mego, and Faria ever dropped below 7th.

I don't get why the program director thought Adam Jones would be a strong counter to Felger. I think everyone knew this would be a disaster. You don't counter a contrarian with a weaker version of a contrarian. I was not a big fan of Ordway after about five years of his show, but you counter a Felger and Mazz show with an Ordway type who is more pro local teams and doesn't just bash them all the time.

There will be an illusion that Bill is under pressure by Kraft, but Kraft isn’t going to fire him if they have another non playoff season.

You could spin this as being a bad look on Kraft if he fired Bill after bringing the most titles to Boston in NFL History.
If the Patriots are below. 500 for the 3rd time in 4 seasons then Kraft should fire Belichick. By then Belichick would have had 4 years to rebuild with poor results. Keeping him around then will only be for nostalgia, or to watch him impotently crawl his way past Shula, and I'm not interested in either of those.

Speaking of Adam Jones, we probably should start a death watch for him and the WEEI's program director. The afternoon ratings have plummeted since they replaced Merloni and Faria for Jones and Arcand. I read somewhere that the Jones and Mego show was 15th in the ratings in March. I don't think Merloni, Mego, and Faria ever dropped below 7th.

I don't get why the program director thought Adam Jones would be a strong counter to Felger. I think everyone knew this would be a disaster. You don't counter a contrarian with a weaker version of a contrarian. I was not a big fan of Ordway after about five years of his show, but you counter a Felger and Mazz show with an Ordway type who is more pro local teams and doesn't just bash them all the time.
I have stopped listening to EEI completely... Something I never thought would happen... I just couldn't stand to the constant negative spin on every single Patriot related story in the afternoon, and the sheer stupidity of Jermaine Wiggins & Chris Curtis in the mornings... Don't have time to listen to the mid day show, so i hold them blameless... Gresh is a motor mouth though, and there isn't a moment he doesn't try to fit in 15 words per second...

The station has become unlistenable... I'd love to get even Dale Arnold back at this point...

Who the hell cares what Adam Jones says…it’s a miracle his garbage show has been canceled yet.

If the Patriots are below. 500 for the 3rd time in 4 seasons then Kraft should fire Belichick. By then Belichick would have had 4 years to rebuild with poor results. Keeping him around then will only be for nostalgia, or to watch him impotently crawl his way past Shula, and I'm not interested in either of those.
You say he should, but do you think Bob would do it?

I don't think he will.

I get fatigue from the constant negativity via people like Adam Jones and Felger/Mazz. It takes all the joy out of being a sports fan when you hear nothing but criticism, doom and gloom. You'd think the Patriots were perennial cellar dwellers listening to these guys. I include Ted Johnson as well, what a disappointment that guy has become.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back