PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opponents (Teams or Players) You Respected Most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Ryan & Julio Jones

Classy, respectful and great players to boot.

Phil Rivers
Steve Smith
Frank Gore
Antrel Rolle

Reactions: ALP
Ed Reed
Jason Taylor
Chad Pennington
Anquan Boldin
Barry Sanders
Keenan McCardell
Manny Sanders
Jason Peters
Trent Williams
Orlando Pace
Alex Smith
Frank Gore
Russell Wilson
Bobby Wagner
Drew Brees
Marcus Colston

There's tons more, Deion Sanders, Walter Payton, etc

Frank Minnifield
Hanford Dixon
London Fletcher
Sean Taylor
Ed Reed
Kyle Williams
Joe Thomas
Dante Hall
Bobby Wagner
James Lofton
Sterling Sharpe
Brady
Zach Thomas
Mark Collins
Priest Holmes
Sam Mills
Too many to name..

I agree with a lot of the names here, but one I haven't seen yet:

AJ Green. Dude is a monster yet it's easy to forget about him because he's never been much of a "personality"/attention guy.

My favorite most respected Non-Pat has been and will continue to be Larry Fitzgerald.

Lawrence Taylor
Barry Sanders
Rod Woodson
Ed Reed
Larry Fitzgerald
Derrick Brooks
Bobby Wagner
Brian Dawkins (I met him once)
Tony Gonzalez
Champ Bailey
Kevin Mawae
Aaron Donald
Alvin Kamara
AJ Green

There's probably more, but I'll stop here.

Last edited:
I love me some slow tough little guys that have no business being in the NFL that make their living going over the middle. So even though he is covered in JETE stank Wayne Chrebet always had a soft spot in my heart.

Also Justin Tuck for his interview after The super bowl that shall not be named. Said anyone who thinks Brady is a pretty boy or soft knows **** about football.

Duo of Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain... Actually that entire Miami D of that era w those 2, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Tim Bowens, Brock Marion always gave the Pats issues and always played important games....

Of course the Manning Colts w E James, Harrison, etc

And even though the Pats didn't play them often (if at all), the 3/4 Dallas team was pretty amazing. I used to watch them and dream about what is would be like for the Pats to be SO good...little did I know...

And lastly the Parcells Giants because my father was a NYG fan (no Pats when he was growing up) and he always would want to watch them. The Giants always seemed to be the late game on CBS w Summerall and Madden...

Last edited:
There are some I enjoy watching ... sports not drama.
Respect is a non factor - it's a media fabrication.

Ed Reed
Jason Taylor
Chad Pennington
Anquan Boldin
Barry Sanders
Keenan McCardell
Manny Sanders
Jason Peters
Trent Williams
Orlando Pace
Alex Smith
Frank Gore
Russell Wilson
Bobby Wagner
Drew Brees
Marcus Colston

There's tons more, Deion Sanders, Walter Payton, etc
YES to Russell Wilson. I have a lot of respect for him. He is tough, has played at a high level consistently since he came into the league. Never led a team that had a losing season.

I almost feel bad for him for what happened in SB49. I think he’d be a shoe in HoF QB if he won that game. He will be provided he keeps up his level of play for another couple of seasons.

Let me get this straight, you claim to be 20, but Rivers rubbed you the wrong way when you were 7 yo and you changed your tune when you were 8. Lmao

Then you slip Mahomy in there, nice touch "tourch" guy. I'm positive you wouldn't mind losing to the Chiefs. Jesus.

Fortunately none of the guys have listed your homey on their lists troll.

I respect the hell out of Alex Smith. A guy who beat the Patriots twice with an inferior team to TourchGuy.

Today 's TOP 3

KUPP RAMS
MC CAFFREY PANTHERS
MAHOMES CHIEFS

Burfict
Adam Jones

Fitzpatrick and Boldin. What a duo.

It pains me to admit it as he might eventually be our undoing, but I like Patrick Mahomes. He is fun to watch and seems like a humble kid. That being said, I hope (but don't expect) that he loses the rest of his games this year. :)

Love Larry Fitzgerald. Might this be the year Arizona helps him get a ring? Give us the precious.

For coaches, I have a healthy respect for Bill Cowher. Super Bowl winning coach who has a little bit of the old school hardass in him. He also came to the Patriots defense during Spygate when most other talking heads were going for sensationalism. Plus he might have the most famous chin in the history of the NFL.

Players are harder for me, because in some ways I have the emotional maturity of a 6 month old ferret. So if they beat us, I hate them, and if they never beat us, it feels patronizing to be like, "Hey, I like you, thanks for trying!"

Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Kam Chancellor, Darrell Reevis in his jets days, Giant defense in 07 and 11, Patrick Willis. Von Miller,Ed Reed, prime Richard Sherman, and last Peyton Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3