PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opinion: This team has fight left in them.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you believe in this NE unit?

• Yes

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • I wish we were good!!! We are only 12-4!!!

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • SB Champs baby. Book it

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Brady dyes his hair

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in them. I think they can. But I don’t think they will.

I believe in the defensive unit will keep up in some games...but this offense is straight up garbage.

Stop trying to sell us garbage, have you watched this team the last few weeks? We struggled against every team.

Playoffs are different, we may beat the Titans, but no way we going to beat KC or Baltimore scoring so little. Unless we can grind a game against these two teams like we did in the SB and a low scoring affair no way this team wins in a shootout.

Our offense won’t be able to keep up with those team scoring because we have absolute nothing on offense other than Jules, double JE11 and it’s game over because the rest of these bums can’t get open.

Hell even Hollister would be a huge upgrade over the bums we have at TE.

I am being a realist, nothing this team showed me the last two months has me believe they can beat any of the playoff teams.

I dont see us losing 33-14 or blowout territory. I think we will be in it, at least.

I think we win Saturday and then lose @KC.

If we win against KC all we can do is hope for a Buffalo win @ HOU and @ BAL and we can sorta back into the SB like the 2007 Giants or something.

This team is going to pummel Tennessee. The game will not be close and everyone will deserve a kick in the balls for their insane overreaction. The Chiefs were awfully talkative and will sht their pants when the Patriots finally unveil their capabilities with Brady's injury maintained and elbow braced, Edelman’s cortisone fueled rage, and a spattering all over the field to Meyers, Dorsett, White, and Burkhead. Sanu might even go off for 15 yards on 4 targets. Tannehill will get eaten alive by this secondary.

I’m sure they aren’t gonna go out without a fight, if they go down they’ll go down swinging. I just don’t think they’re a really good football team, yeah they’re 12-4 but their schedule was pathetic first half of the season.

Anything can happen though so let’s take it one week at a time.

I’m sure they aren’t gonna go out without a fight, if they go down they’ll go down swinging. I just don’t think they’re a really good football team, yeah they’re 12-4 but their schedule was pathetic first half of the season.

Anything can happen though so let’s take it one week at a time.

Pretty much this. I largely agree with the sentiment of the rest too. This is not a very good team based on second half of the season and just a very stark lack of potency in the passing game. But one game at a time! you never know. January outdoor football with potentially crazy weather to turn a game upside down. The big stage with players/teams that have little experience in this much more amplified environment. Also, plenty of teams in the past that all of sudden show up out of nowhere to play their best football in January. And the ever present gods of football that provide Sh!t lucky bounces that can go your way. Finally, BB TB et al with incredible experience in winning playoff games.
Plenty of unknowns that make it exciting to want to watch 'the next game'. So just win that 'next game' and worry about the 'one after that' on Monday (if needed).

I truly believe we will win with Titans. However what scares be most is Titans' pass rush and constant pressure on Brady ( and we know Brady under pressure doesn't look good ). If our OL gives time to Tom and his elbow is ok he will find our receivers ( I do not believe this crap that Brady had no injuries against Miami. He is a true leader,he wanted to take the heat off his teammates and said that.)
I will not be revealing when I say Henry and Brown must be confined if we realisticly think about the victory. On the other hand our offense must create some big plays and I do not care IT is going to happens in the air or on the ground. I just believe in team effort and spirit.

Brady definitely dyes his hair.

I just can't think the 2019 Patriots are very good. They lack heart. I have never seen a Patriots team come out flat for big games, or quit/play it safe, so much since the year that should not be named. Quitting in Balt after the fumble. Look like "someone else can take care of it" the entire Texans game. Act like the game is already won and not bother showing up at home to Miami. And that's just on the field.

Boogeymen. "We're 8-1, that's still pretty good". Campaigning for personal awards. The AFC East celebration. I get winning the division is important, but I couldn't open Instagram for two days without seeing players in that gear like it was Super Bowl shirts.

I don't like being so negative about something in my life that had given me so much joy, but THIS version of the Patriots is broken. A healthy Brady and Edelman could fix it, but we don't have that and as such, I expect a loss Saturday.

I hope...if we should get a huge win we could travel to Kc with some optimism...

I am looking for saturday night...huge game...

I just can't think the 2019 Patriots are very good. They lack heart. I have never seen a Patriots team come out flat for big games, or quit/play it safe, so much since the year that should not be named. Quitting in Balt after the fumble. Look like "someone else can take care of it" the entire Texans game. Act like the game is already won and not bother showing up at home to Miami. And that's just on the field.

Boogeymen. "We're 8-1, that's still pretty good". Campaigning for personal awards. The AFC East celebration. I get winning the division is important, but I couldn't open Instagram for two days without seeing players in that gear like it was Super Bowl shirts.

I don't like being so negative about something in my life that had given me so much joy, but THIS version of the Patriots is broken. A healthy Brady and Edelman could fix it, but we don't have that and as such, I expect a loss Saturday.
We have beaten Buffalo so we can beat playoff teams. Lets have faith, least for Saturday.

This feels like 2009, I hope they prove me wrong.

This defense is magnitudes better, even if they laid an egg in a crucial situation last week. Consider the "star" was Leigh Bodden, and the rest of the cast was Jonathan Wilhite, Shawn Springs, and a putrid rookie year Darius Butler at corner and James Sanders and Brandon McGowan at safety. The good news is the defense will keep them in every game, more a question of whether the offense can win it.

Sanu stinks. So does Harry btw... garbage receiver. Metcalf is so much better

Henry, Tannehill, AJ Brown vs Sony, Brady, Harry

The Tennessee 3 are playing so much better if you have had the chance to watch them this season and its not even close. Henry is a monster compared to little Sony. Tannehill does not look like the same player when he was in Miami and hes been on fire for months. Threw a 90 + yard TD pass a few weeks ago. AJ Brown is what a 1st round drafted WR looks like,

Somehow the Titans lose. They shouldnt, but they will.

I said it in another thread, but NE has kept it close at one point in each of our losses except the Houston game. They are 12-4, but in my eyes should have been 14-2 (beating KC and Miami).

vs Baltimore - close until the Edelman fumble

vs. KC - should have went into OT or win it outright

vs. Miami - could have easily won that if not for the Brady pick 6

Yes, they have so much fight in them that they let Ryan Fitzpatrick drive 75 yards in 4 minutes to beat them at home with a bye week on the line...

It's a little bit of irony. The Patriots have always been known for morphing and adjusting their game plan but they've been so inconsistent this year. Can we really blame the line anymore?

They discover something that works and then go away from it like don't out if the i-formation and the pony formation. Myers has a good game then drops balls... I guess to be expected out of a rookie... They keep saying they're going to get Harry involved but feels like limited targets... Why zone defense against the fins?

They need to stick with what has proven successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News