PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One Scout Believes Free Agent All-Pro WR ends up with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Pats are going to like the deals that will be on the table for Garoppolo. Desperate times call for desperate measures and all of the teams with the top picks are in need of a QB. I'm hoping for multiple picks of course. A 1st/4th or 2nd/3rd round combo of picks would be great.

From what little I know it appears that JG's agent will be able to search for suitors and then the Pats and the teams can work out a deal. They'll be fighting over JG.

I have been hoping for Cleveland's #12 all along but if there actually is a bidding war then the top three picks in the draft could come into play. I'm going to lmao if the Patriots go into free agency with 70 million in cap space and a top 3 pick to go with their #32.

I have been hoping for Cleveland's #12 all along but if there actually is a bidding war then the top three picks in the draft could come into play. I'm going to lmao if the Patriots go into free agency with 70 million in cap space and a top 3 pick to go with their #32.

I'm seriously smiling just at the thought of what could happen, all because the Dope in Charge decided he was going to 'punish' the Pats by taking Brady out.

I just don't see it. We had to deactivate Michael Floyd for the Super Bowl because we are so stacked at receiver. If this was a rumor about an All Pro corner (not named Revis) I would be more inclined to believe it.

I feel like Jackson makes way more sense for several other teams, he doesn't want to come here and be the #2 let alone starting in camp as the #3 or #4 and having to gain a report with Brady

I just don't see it. We had to deactivate Michael Floyd for the Super Bowl because we are so stacked at receiver. If this was a rumor about an All Pro corner (not named Revis) I would be more inclined to believe it.
I'd be interested in Revis as long as he came cheap

I'm fine with Edelman, Hogan and Mitchell as our core wide receivers, with DA likely to come back at WR#4, and Floyd or another at WR#5. Of course, we may not even carry 5 into the season.

We need to spend our cap money on the defense. There are lots of free agents, and a need for youth at DE. IMHO, only TE warrants a major expenditure on offense.

No matter how many games they win, how many Super Bowls they win, there will always be a percentage of posters who want shiny things and just wish that Belichick would approach things like this were an online game of Madden.

Disagree how durable have Edeman and Admendola been in the past if you can add someone to take the top off and be able to fill in as a 1 thru 3 receiver you make that move.

There are few receivers in the league who I think fit in less with the Pats than Jackson. He doesn't block at all. His route tree contains something like two branches and there's a lot of doubt in my mind that he could master the option routes in New England.

Last edited:
I'd be really curious to see the Patriots kick the tires on Vincent Jackson. Always wanted to see Brady throwing to a WR with his size (6'5").

How'd that work out for the Atlanta D when the A O scored fast?
Our D will make it three and out every series. The problem will be for the special teams, who will be running down the field on kickoffs, fielding opposition punts, and lining up for extra points almost incessantly.

I'd like to try and change Floyd into a TE. I love his attitude towards blocking.

If we need a WR, sign one from the Steelers practice squad that they draft this coming year.

Give me Michael Floyd, Andre Holmes, a 3rd-day value pick, and a UDFA with a draftable grade, then add them to Hogan, Mitchell, Edelman and a re-structured Amendola, and I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST