PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One Scout Believes Free Agent All-Pro WR ends up with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That’s right- if the Patriots signed Jackson, they would have the three biggest deep threats in the NFL as a part of the same offense. QB Tom Brady said that he spent the 2016 offseason working on his deep ball and became one of the best in the league at that range.

If Jackson joins the Patriots, the New England offense would be a threat to score on literally every single play. That would be one heck of an offense to watch."

I like the idea of the 2017 Patriots scoring on every play.

Way too expensive, and he's constantly injured

30 and over free agents that are looking for big dollars don't find them in NE. We should all be shocked if Jackson ended up with the Pats.

It's all about the money, obviously. Skill-Wise, DeSean Jackson is better than everyone but Edelman, but i he kinda plays only one role, the deep threat one. Plus he would take Hogan's job, if he is able to grasp the playbook well, a hinge a young player with potential.

After Long and Bennett, all veteran All-Pros that have any sort of desire for a ring, should put the pats on top of their list.

Floyd will come reasonably cheap and will want to prove himself. We had good depth at WR with him. Spend the money on a stud TE for christ sakes. Bennett dosent sound like he is coming back.

Last edited:
0.01%...0.01% less than the Pats chances of winning SB51 at one point.

This sounds like when we were suppose to sign Mario Williams or Keyshawn Johnson

Floyd will come reasonably cheap and will want to prove himself. We had good depth at WR with him. Spend the money on a stuf TE for christ sakes. Bennett dosent sound like he is coming back.

There are plenty of more accomplished and polished receivers available, but if Bill liked what he saw and if Floyd's untimely sentence deflates his earnings potential even further, then he would be the perfect candidate for a cheap one year prove it contract. In that case No Vacancy.

Exactly. DA will probably come back. I see them adding some bodies for camp, as they always do at the WR postion but no need to go crazy here.

Disagree how durable have Edeman and Admendola been in the past if you can add someone to take the top off and be able to fill in as a 1 thru 3 receiver you make that move.

I don't want us sniffing a receiver in the draft; for every Malcolm Mitchell there's a Bethel Johnson.

For every Deion Branch there's a Brandon Tate.

Two words that should shake every Pats fan at its core:

CHAD JACKSON

Draft the lines and draft runningback and cornerback; rinse and repeat, championship.

As far as deep threats go if it isn't Randy Moss I don't really want them. i would rather have a group of complementary receivers who can burn defense's quickly and threaten them with YAC than the deep home run threat, and I don't believe they would have beaten Seattle had their offense been geared around a Moss like receiver, as Bennett would have had fifteen sacks.

Bring Amendola back with 2 year 4 million deal and see if Floyd wants a shot at redemption, if not draft another kid Like Malcolm Mitchell.

Defense should be the focus of this offseason, offense is in great shape.

Would you take him for $1 - yes. For $10 million - no way. Somewhere in between is a number that might make sense. Against man coverage we threw 0 deep balls I believe in the SB. And Atlanta's best cover CB was not playing. We will see more Texans/Falcons schemes next year. I do not believe Jackson comes to NE, but it is not insane.

Only one Receiver I want in this draft.

We need 12 or higher to get him.

If not move on.

I would ask Chicago for Kyle Fuller, one of their receivers, and a 1st and third for Jimmy if we will trade him.

Cleveland: I would ask a 1st, a second, and the rights to Josh Gordon

Including "All-Pro" in the headline is a little click-baity IMO. It's been years since Jackson has been considered even a top 10 WR.

I'd rather go with someone who doesn't prematurely drop the football at the 1 yard line, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST