Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does this work for you guys?

FIRST FOUR PICKS
With a bit of trading up and down, we should be able to secure a DE, OLB and a couple oF OL's in the first four picks.

In the 3/24 Mock Game, I ended up with Jordan, Houston, Ijalana and Watkins. For me, all the rest is just icing; but we have enough other picks to address other needs

Watt, Jordan, Wilkerson, Liuget, Taylor, Heyward

Houston, Sheard, Reed

Ijalana, Watkins, Pouncey

Boling, Barksdale, Carpenter
======================================

Last edited:
Jordan, Carimi, Sheard, Boling...with a little moving around
Add Ryan Williams in the middle of those picks

Watt.... he showed up in ever game i saw him play in.

Houston

Ijalana

Boling

None of those OLB candidates excite me at 28, and none of the OL candidates seem to be worth 60. Watt and Watkins at 17 and 33 though.

None of those OLB candidates excite me at 28, and none of the OL candidates seem to be worth 60. Watt and Watkins at 17 and 33 though.

The tough part is the the only two players you consider worth the picks are likely to be gone before then. :(

FWIW I'll go with Watt, Sheard, Watkins and Boling, and pretty happily.

Wilkerson, Reed, Ijalana, Carpenter

Wilkerson, Reed, Ijalana, Carpenter

I'm feeling encouraged now, because we made all four choices differently but I'd still be content with your draft.

The tough part is the the only two players you consider worth the picks are likely to be gone before then. :(

Solution: Don't pick one in the top-60. Bill has done it many times over the last few years, and I can easily see him doing it again.

Houston, Sheard, Reed

My choices in bold. The names italicized I think may be off the board already by those picks.

Yes, this is what I hoped would happen. I think that we have more than one good choice available at each of the four spots, considering that it may take a bit of trading up or down to get value.

I'm feeling encouraged now, because we made all four choices differently but I'd still be content with your draft.

Don't feel so content. There's no guarantee BB will pick any of those guys! LOL. ;-)

Does this work for you guys?

FIRST FOUR PICKS
With a bit of trading up and down, we should be able to secure a DE, OLB and a couple oF OL's in the first four picks.

In the 3/24 Mock Game, I ended up with Jordan, Houston, Ijalana and Watkins. For me, all the rest is just icing; but we have enough other picks to address other needs

Houston, Sheard, Reed

Have to say Watt. Far superior to Taylor (way too early), Liuget (too small and too early), Heyward (too early)

Have to say Reed. Houston has no urgency and we torched Moss for taking plays off and perhasp to worst pass rush of that group. It would be a head scratcher. Sheard I bet is not even on the board with his past.

Watkins is rated the best by many even over Pouncey but either is ok (too early for Iljana)

Carpenter is underrated. I go him here. Bad tape on Barksdale.

I like my Draft day scenarios better than the contest.

At #10 the Skins swap us for #33 (because Mallet and Ponder don't warrant a top ten pick) and the Skins want to acquire more picks as they have no 3rd or 4th. Plus the SKins get our #60 and #92. Shanny takes this deal without question. BB wins some slots.

At#10 we take OLB/DE Quinn

Now the Chargers have interest in our #28. They have #50 and ....the Jets #61. Those are almost a point wash with #28. We pick up our couple of seconds back.

At #17 I say Watt or Kerrigan

At #50 .BB type move! I am saying Dowling but as a FS. He has Ed Reed type characteristics in playmaking ball skills and tackles well. Our Safeties were awful in coverage (30th yds against) and Chung and Merriweather have about the same type of game but weaker on coverage. It worked with Eugene Wilson until he got knicked up and moved. We get our coverage Safety.

At #61 I am going Marcus Cannon for OT/OG and 368lbs and as fast as Costanzo in the 49 and 19 and a better vertical at 50 lbs more. He can move very well.

At#74 I go RB with Murray at 216 and breakaway speed and 71 receptions at OU last year.

The Fourth I take Greg Romeus DE/OLB who was a top ten pick but got injured and lost his Mom last year. He could be the sleeper of the Draft. Might have to start on PUP.

The fifth I go John Moffitt G/C .Tough guy and big,

Sixth I go with Shorts III at WR. Bigger than you think. Deep threat but unlike Tate, more reliable hands.

DW Toys

Last edited:
I'd be more than happy with Watt, Wilkerson, and Watkins. :rocker:

I'd be more than happy with Watt, Wilkerson, and Watkins. :rocker:

You make an excellent point. With nary an M in the running, at least one of those three MUST be selected in round 1.

17 - Watt

28 - Trade down with a QB desperate team. I hear Cincy is high on Christian Ponder. Collect some depth picks, a throw in from next year's draft. Select Jabaal Sheard.

33 - Watkins. Why not bring in another beast. Who cares if he's 27. Once his rookie contract's up he's gonna be too pricy anyway.

3a - Trade up a little and nab Kendall Hunter. This guy is gonna be the next Maurice Jones Drew.

3b - I'd be happy with Orlando Franklin as a developmental project/swing OL.

That gives us Watt, Watkins, Sheard, Hunter and Franklin, with an extra pick in there from the trades to pick up a defensive back that can actually cover Braylon Edwards.

17 - Watt

28 - Trade down with a QB desperate team. I hear Cincy is high on Christian Ponder. Collect some depth picks, a throw in from next year's draft. Select Jabaal Sheard.

33 - Watkins. Why not bring in another beast. Who cares if he's 27. Once his rookie contract's up he's gonna be too pricy anyway.

3a - Trade up a little and nab Kendall Hunter. This guy is gonna be the next Maurice Jones Drew.

3b - I'd be happy with Orlando Franklin as a developmental project/swing OL.

That gives us Watt, Watkins, Sheard, Hunter and Franklin, with an extra pick in there from the trades to pick up a defensive back that can actually cover Braylon Edwards.

Cousin, I can't see the value in Sheard at #28 let alone that he would even be on the Pats board at all. Major "turd" concerns. He chucked someone through a store window and was arrested in 2010 for that deal, not years ago. He was only 6'2" at the combine. I think there are others to consider this early. There are 8 DE's rated before him. Way to early at #28. But I respect your opinion.
Franklin may be o.k. Again many rated higher,and Hunter is a slower Danny Woodhead. They are virtually the same size. He brings no more than we have now. Can't see him but as I said, with all due respect.
As far as CBs? Make note , BB is testing taller CBs. The quick twitch CB smurf is finally going away from his board.

DW Toys

These are the players I want at all cost.

#17 - JJ Watt (even with a slight trade-up) or if he's not available Aldon Smith or Ryan Kerrigan

#28 - Muhaamad Wilkerson (even if they get Watt) because there won't be a pass rushing OLB worth more than Wilkerson at this spot.

#33 - Ben Ijalana I see him as Matt Lights replacement in a year or two (Light will be resigned) or at the very least Mankins replacement with a little coaching up from Dante.

#60 - John Moffitt LG, RG, or C the guys a beast and will fit in immediately somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST