PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Miami!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating on whether to go or not, since tickets are selling at face value.

The pros
I don't get to see the Patriots much in person, living in FL
When I do see them, they lose, for some reason, and this time SHOULD be different.
Seeing it in person means not having to listen to Dan Fouts.

the cons
90+ degrees, 1PM start
weird things happen to the Patriots in Miami
20% of the stadium might have actual Dolphins fans... yuk
I am locked into a don't spend money philosophy, with at least one kid in college for 7 years now

Go! How many more times will you see the G O A T live? As for the money -- you have all my sympathy.

BB won't run up the score, he'll start calling for runs to kill the clock if score gets out of hand.

Pats D may score more points than MIA O.

Do we see Jarrett out there if a blow out?

The pros
When I do see them, they lose, for some reason, and this time SHOULD be different.

the cons
90+ degrees, 1PM start
I am locked into a don't spend money philosophy, with at least one kid in college for 7 years now
How much for a decent ticket, thinking of going also.

BB won't run up the score, he'll start calling for runs to kill the clock if score gets out of hand.

Pats D may score more points than MIA O.

Yes. But Bill’s idea of a blowout is >50 points and <2 minutes remaining.

How much for a decent ticket, thinking of going also.
Upper level starting around $100 per ticket, lower level (but not between the 20s) at around $200, with several people claiming they are priced at face value. This is on craigslist, but stubhub isn't much higher. If you get in a lower level ticket in the end zone, I bet the crowd will be sparse enough to move to midfield by halftime. It may be harder to move between levels.

Yes. But Bill’s idea of a blowout is >50 points and <2 minutes remaining.
Idk, they could have easily scored 10 more pts on Sunday, but they started running the ball with plenty time left in the 4th. Before that they were at about 67/33 pass-run split, and they ended 56/44. Imagine what TBs stats would be if Pats padded stats like other teams/coaches do.

Upper level starting around $100 per ticket, lower level (but not between the 20s) at around $200, with several people claiming they are priced at face value. This is on craigslist, but stubhub isn't much higher. If you get in a lower level ticket in the end zone, I bet the crowd will be sparse enough to move to midfield by halftime. It may be harder to move between levels.

And if the Pats drop a 40 spot by halftime not even a streaker would be noticed on the sidelines.:D

After last year's miracle ending I doubt that we will see Stidham. I'd assume BB will emphasize the 60min aspect of the game even harder than usual. With the heat and humidity it is one of those games to build mental thoughness.

Bolden will have 100 yards (STs, receiving, rushing).

If he can be effective, I'd really prefer to see him out there for the game.

o_O

Wow. It costs almost that much to park in Foxboro.

This is going to be a blowout, I don’t care where the game is being played

After last year's miracle ending I doubt that we will see Stidham. I'd assume BB will emphasize the 60min aspect of the game even harder than usual. With the heat and humidity it is one of those games to build mental thoughness.

The temps are supposed to be in the 80s with the possibility of rain, which hopefully will cool things off a bit

Very reasonable. Last time I saw them was 2 yrs ago in Tampa when they almost lost, if not for Bucs kicker. Definately worth seeing this particular team. Could be Tommy's last year (hope not).

Idk, they could have easily scored 10 more pts on Sunday, but they started running the ball with plenty time left in the 4th. Before that they were at about 67/33 pass-run split, and they ended 56/44. Imagine what TBs stats would be if Pats padded stats like other teams/coaches do.

Once again showing how problematic stats are and the effect of garbage time is.

Blowout
Healthy

Victory.

Comments:

a.) I almost bought a ticket to this game...it was the "best" road game on the schedule this year...what is not to like? South Beach with their big assed bull dog margaritas and fine babes strolling by..... the other road games this year suck or are in cold weather.

b.) Yes, it's STILL MIAMI. I am holding my breath. It's the goddamn heat! Expecting a hi of 87 degrees, 40% chance of precipitation with 71% humidity!

c.) I don't think it will take AB too long to make an impact. Sure, we might give him a limited route tree....but AB is AB...the most talented WR we have had in the Brady era other than Moss. Remember how excited we were about Gordon....who had a career best 87/1.6K/9TD/14 game season back in 2013....well AB had this line last year: 104/1297/15TD/15 games...and that was his worst season yardage-wise the last 6 years.... Man, I am so excited about that part.

d.) I think it is a very good time to let Cannon recover while we get our back up OL-men up to speed with valuable game day reps.

e.) Flores man....using zero cover last week...bad mistake, IMO...I expect a much better game plan this week. The man knows us....Patricia, McDaniels, and Vrabel are all 3-0 against us. We have owned Bill O'Brien and Romeo Crennel for the most part though..... but we need to be prepared for the wrinkles they will throw at us.

f.) Despite players wanting to be traded out of Miami...remember that the Dolphins are still a PROFESSIONAL football team filled with guys who now have an opportunity to gain reps they wouldn't on a better team or audition themselves for other teams. They are gonna come at us hard....sometimes it is nice to be a massive underdog and just play without the pressure of expectations.

g.) Ideally, we need to establish the run game more than we did on Sunday....I'd like to see us run it down their throats...play action a bit...hit Brown/Gordon/Edelman a few times...chew up clock....

I usually say any given sunday...but thisyear this should be a guaranteed blowout.

This miami team is trying to lose and just gave up 5 passing its and 59 points to Lamar freaking jackson.

Now the goat is coming into town after the 30 point beating against Pitt with antonio Brown in tow. Perfect game to force the ball to him

Was Volin the problem? :eek:
Wait a minute, Volin’s always a problem lol

The pros

the cons
90+ degrees, 1PM start

This is a special team. You'll kick yourself years from now if you don't go watch them when you have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots