PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Baltimore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Pats coaches ever game planned talented mobile QBs.
Firing up Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine...
Bought my 1st TiVo in 2001. Daughter's early November wedding conflicted with a Patriots game. DVRed it. Got home late at night still wired. No problem. We fired up the TiVo and watched the 3-4 week 8 2001 Patriots play Michael Vick's Falcons in Atlanta Stadium. Much less physically fast LBs, less talented D (Tebucky Jones) and far less experienced playing together defensive unit contained and pounded Vick, beating him like a dog and soundly defeating the Falcons by more than the score indicated. Unless Bill is in his dotage, I think he has the talented squad to contain the Ravens evermore.

I was at that game. Half filled stadium. I remember Troy Brown having a big play or two. Pats defense destroyed both QB's they faced. All of the ATL fans had Vick jersey despite him not being the starter that year.

Belichick didnt promise that Harry would suit up for this game.

I hope some knucklehead in the media tells our defense one of the BAL players said Pats haven't played anyone good and tell Tom that Lamar Jackson thinks he can do things he can do things Tom cannot.

That should light a fire under everyone's a** :D

Well, this certainly "a" pivotal game. I don't see how it is more important than the coming games against KC, HOU and BUF.

With all due respect to "one game at a time," this sure looks like the pivotal game of the season. A win = HFA*, with some time and breathing room for their offense to find its rhythm with Sanu and Harry and a healthier OL. A loss leaves the Ravens just one game back with a marginally easier schedule ahead.

(*OK, almost. I just looked at Indy's creampuff schedule. 2 winning teams left out of 9 games.)

Scar is taking the heat for a lack of talent. No need but nice psychology play on the players.

If it were Googs i'd suggest he be strung up by his fat Fred Flintstone toes, pelted with hot coals and waterboarded.

Yeah, I'm sure like any good coach/professional of any walk of life, he's focusing on the things he can do better to coach up his guys. I think he believes he can do better, even if the talent has hamstrung him.

This game is HUGE. Plus, I hate losing to them and their crybaby HC.

Is it just a coincidence that the Pats schedule has them playing the cream-puffs in the 1st half of the season and the tougher teams coming off of their byes in the 2nd half?
Yes. The schedule was made in 2002.

I like this matchup a lot, actually. The Patriots built a defense around speed and versatility. The Patriots will have a lot of people take turns keeping Jackson in check. Lamar Jackson won't know pre-snap who is coming for him.

Using only one player makes it elementary for the opponent to account for and block that player, or worse, throw right at him since he's not in pass coverage.

I expect to see gap discipline to keep Jackson in the pocket, forcing him to throw into the secondary. We'll see Chase Winowich, Jonathan Jones and JC Jackson coming off the edge since they are all as fast as Lamar Jackson. Justin Bethel will be an interesting guy to watch when he's on the field.

The Patriots have played these elusive pass-run QBs a lot. Lamar Jackson will get hit a lot. Taking away his interest in running the ball is something they will do from the very beginning. They'll take a couple of penalties along the way.

Justin Bethel? Do we think he is going to play something other than ST? I thought he was a ST only player like Slater (break glass in emergency type).

And they very nearly won a third...and had a 14-point 2nd-half lead in another...

Do you know what is scary? Our offense, and not in a good way...

I am sure that the fact we won the games you mentioned above is because the Ravens suck and not because the Pats are good.

The offense is top 10 in the leagure right now. Scary (in a bad way)? Hardly.

Belichick didnt promise that Harry would suit up for this game.

I do not think Harry plays this week. I think they wait til after the bye.

Yeah, I'm sure like any good coach/professional of any walk of life, he's focusing on the things he can do better to coach up his guys. I think he believes he can do better, even if the talent has hamstrung him.
It's actually an admirable quality. If the employees aren't doing their job, is it's the employee's fault or the manager's?

A good mgr will say its theirs.

Well, this certainly "a" pivotal game. I don't see how it is more important than the coming games against KC, HOU and BUF.

Because it's the only game where a loss would leave the opponent just one game behind, with the tiebreaker in their favor?

Yes. The schedule was made in 2002.

The total games is set ahead of time but aren't the byes and who plays when announced before each season?

...I am sure that the fact we won the games you mentioned above is because the Ravens suck and not because the Pats are good.

The offense is top 10 in the leagure right now. Scary (in a bad way)? Hardly...
We'll see...I hope you're right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey