PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to 2017 . premature/overdue . thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had an ACL surgery while at Alabama in 2009. I know it doesn't sound relevant but Mayo explicitly mentioned it in today's Ex Pats podcast as a reason why the Pats might look into some insurance language in a longterm contract.

Didn't know that.

While not "major" per se I'm starting to get concerned about his shoulders. I'm led to believe he'll need knee and another shoulder surgery this offseason.

He plays a very physical style of football and there is no doubt his body is paying a heavy price (everyone is). I have to think the team would desire some offset-type langauge to protect them.

Because the Pats can franchise him. It is not his decision.

There is just no realistic alternative, really. I just don't see how they can take a hit like that after giving another potential foundation player in Collins. We don't have any depth or young players that can elevate themselves or take over for HT. And getting someone like him in FA might be more expensive and risky than compromising on some of the contract language.

There didn't appear to be any realistic alternatives to Jones, or Collins, or for that matter Milloy, or Mankins, or Seymour. People went nuts nearly every time those decisions were made and the experts/fans all felt that the team had been badly weakened. Somehow they managed. Hightower is a fantastic player, but no better than Seymour at the time they traded him, and no better a leader than Milloy was at the time he was cut. I think the likelihood is that he returns. All I'm saying is that to assume that it happens is a little cavalier given the Pats history.

Didn't know that.

While not "major" per se I'm starting to get concerned about his shoulders. I'm led to believe he'll need knee and another shoulder surgery this offseason.

He plays a very physical style of football and there is no doubt his body is paying a heavy price (everyone is). I have to think the team would desire some offset-type langauge to protect them.

tore his labrum as well.

Some idiot gm might overpay for hightower. We should ask for the farm for jimmy so we can rebuild this defense especially the linebackers.

There didn't appear to be any realistic alternatives to Jones, or Collins, or for that matter Milloy, or Mankins, or Seymour. People went nuts nearly every time those decisions were made and the experts/fans all felt that the team had been badly weakened. Somehow they managed. Hightower is a fantastic player, but no better than Seymour at the time they traded him, and no better a leader than Milloy was at the time he was cut. I think the likelihood is that he returns. All I'm saying is that to assume that it happens is a little cavalier given the Pats history.

Sorry, but I don't agree with those comparisons at all. Anyway, lets just see what FA brings.. kinda pointless to speculate anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes