PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On the radar: Brandon Pettigrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cincinnati?

Pettigrew was drafted by the Lions in the 1st round (20th overall) in 2009 and re-signed with the team afterwards.

Are you thinking of Jermaine Gresham? He was drafted by the Bengals in the 1st round (21st overall) in the 2010 draft who eventually signed with the Cardinals.

While both were similarly disappointing to their fan bases, Pettigrew did get a pretty decent second deal with the Lions, though it was mostly disappointing the past few years.

You're right, I did mix him up with Gresham, my mistake.

AJ Derby would be nice right about now... picking up Pettigrew would be a desperation move but if he's a free agent, I don't see why not. Unless he is completely a shell of his former self.

I don't call a player a dog because they were released, otherwise almost every player would be considered a dog, I call a player a dog if I think they are soft, lazy, or don't play hard, the Patriots released Chris Harper and Aaron Dobson, I never considered Harper a dog but believed wholeheartedly that Dobson was one. Imo Pettigrew is one of those highly touted prospects who never played hard and never lived up to his potential. I have no idea who would be a better TE for the Patriots because I have no idea how good Lengel is and have no way of finding out, I do know that I don't want Pettigrew.

It's like BB says.. reliability and consistency are more important than ability. If players get cut people tend to rate them according to their fantasy stats or even worse their measurables from when they were drafted as if that's the only thing that matters.

AJ Derby would be nice right about now... picking up Pettigrew would be a desperation move but if he's a free agent, I don't see why not. Unless he is completely a shell of his former self.

Those two players couldn't be farther apart from each other. One is a TE that excels at blocking and the other can't block on NFL level and is essentially a big receiver.

It's like wanting to replace a slot receiver with an outside receiver... same position but completely different skillset. Now Clay Harbor on the other hand would have been useful about now..

Bb has shot himself in the foot be moving derby.

The good news is Minnesota has 6'10" tight end that can block and catch.

Depending on how he runs at the combine ,Bb needs to draft that kid because he is perfect for our offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents