PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On Tebowmania

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was not meant to be a conversation about Tim Tebow the man. I would like it if it stayed to a discussion on the Denver offense and what a player with Tebow's attributes enable it to do.

FYI....I'm Tebowing right now.

I think we will see tons of different variations of Cover 3 defense and not man coverage.

Probably see more pure 3-4 Defense this week than we have before but with Carter at ROLB.

Good stuff Jay.

i dont really care. God forbid (pun intended) the NFL have a guy who is of high character and is actually doing well. The guy is a leader and his team is winning ball games in a most fastastic fashion. I love it. He is not shooting himself in the leg, or getting arrested at 2am. He is just playing hard football and is a really good role model for young kids. I hope the media keeps talking about him, because he is a good football player and a better person.

there are plenty of good guys in the NFL.....the problem with Tebow is twofold........one is the 'god particle' as it is no different than the indigo girls making a political statement during a concert. the other is the fact that while he has provided 5 minutes of worthwhile entertainment each game, he has down right sucked the rest of the game......make no mistake, their defense has kept them in most game,

If I was the pats, I would go back to a 3-4 for this game using carter as the spy/pass rushing OLB and having the 3 down linemen working to keep tebow in front of them and not getting too far upfield. I would even give the appearance of playing 8 or 9 in the box......make tebow the QB beat you the whole game....

there are plenty of good guys in the NFL.....the problem with Tebow is twofold........one is the 'god particle' as it is no different than the indigo girls making a political statement during a concert. the other is the fact that while he has provided 5 minutes of worthwhile entertainment each game, he has down right sucked the rest of the game......make no mistake, their defense has kept them in most game,

If I was the pats, I would go back to a 3-4 for this game using carter as the spy/pass rushing OLB and having the 3 down linemen working to keep tebow in front of them and not getting too far upfield. I would even give the appearance of playing 8 or 9 in the box......make tebow the QB beat you the whole game....

it is not his fault the media is all gaga over him. He just does what he does. Look, the guy throws a football that more resembles a punt, but he is a leader and has everyone one in the locker room believing they can win. That is a leader and a winner and i would take that any day of the week. Yes, the D is outstanding and he is the polar opposite of our GOAT, but they both are good guys and win.

i dont really care. God forbid (pun intended) the NFL have a guy who is of high character and is actually doing well. The guy is a leader and his team is winning ball games in a most fastastic fashion. I love it. He is not shooting himself in the leg, or getting arrested at 2am. He is just playing hard football and is a really good role model for young kids. I hope the media keeps talking about him, because he is a good football player and a better person.

When the wheels inevitably come off and he crashes and burns for some off the feild indescretions, will you feel the same? Is he impervious to making erroneous human mistakes? Enjoy it while it lasts. History has shown-the brighter the spotlight, the darker the fall.

Great writing Jay- no idea why you haven't been hired away by ESPNBoston by now.

Not sure they put a 44 stack on Tebow if they can stick Spikes or Fletcher in spy. I think they stay in base with a spy. Keep it simple with that sieve we call a backfield.

I'm gnawing my hands off before this game so I thought I would kill some time firing up the NFL rewind available on NFL.com and taking a look at the Denver passing game.

They are only effective in situations where the defense tries to get after Tebow and the play breaks down. The plays are well designed to make the reads simple, and the playcalling is outstanding in guessing the coverage. The thing is that Tebow still has yet to understand where the holes in the zone defenses are. When the play goes longer than four seconds and the pocket fractures, Tebow breaks into the scramble drill and he is able to find players who settle in after their initial route is completed. This is why he has been effective passing late in the games where defenses are playing traditional lead defense. It is very clear to me that he cannot take a snap, hit his plant foot and deliver the ball in a traditional progression.

So what's the takeaway? Force Tebow to play quarterback against zone coverage. I would look for the Patriots to avoid blitzing and spying and play fundamental zones. The key is to retain pocket integrity and for the ends to contain. I wouldn't look for many sacks this game. I also think that the key is to force Denver to sustain drives as the game goes on. Looking for a negative play on long 3rd down situations plays into the hand of this offense. Win on the intermediate zones, key the run, and it should be a very low scoring day for the Denver offense. I think this is playing to the strength of the NE defense and I like the matchup.

The other big story I think is going to be the other strength v strength. Red zone. Denver's offense is a fantastic red zone unit, as is the Pats D. I would look for the team to try to win in the green area as opposed to the red area.

I don't have tebow mania

So what's the takeaway? Force Tebow to play quarterback against zone coverage. I would look for the Patriots to avoid blitzing and spying and play fundamental zones. The key is to retain pocket integrity and for the ends to contain. I wouldn't look for many sacks this game. I also think that the key is to force Denver to sustain drives as the game goes on. Looking for a negative play on long 3rd down situations plays into the hand of this offense. Win on the intermediate zones, key the run, and it should be a very low scoring day for the Denver offense. I think this is playing to the strength of the NE defense and I like the matchup.

You've described a defensive game plan that Bill Belichick would be very comfortable with.

Or Force 3 Turnovers on defense and put up 41 on the Broncs. Whatchu gonna do now Tebow? :)

Or Force 3 Turnovers on defense and put up 41 on the Broncs. Whatchu gonna do now Tebow? :)

Continue his career.

No QB wins every game. Even Brady.

I did believe the Patriots would win this game despite history and the terrible start.

But,
I thought there might be a little something to this Tebowmania nonsense the media has been dribbling all week long

I thought that the Denver defense would keep the game close

I thought maybe the Mile-High air could affect our team.

...maybe I need to stop thinking.

On the plus side, Tebowmania might exist for another day or so as the media keeps trying to keep the story alive, but the Pats might have done the majority of sportsfans a favor and capped the craze (Tebowmania) for now.

I did believe the Patriots would win this game despite history and the terrible start.

But,
I thought there might be a little something to this Tebowmania nonsense the media has been dribbling all week long

I thought that the Denver defense would keep the game close

I thought maybe the Mile-High air could affect our team.

...maybe I need to stop thinking.

On the plus side, Tebowmania might exist for another day or so as the media keeps trying to keep the story alive, but the Pats might have done the majority of sportsfans a favor and capped the craze (Tebowmania) for now.

How does that do fans a favor? Without the Tebow story, which has been pretty compelling, it's the Pat, Ravens, Steelers, Packers, Saints in the playoffs again, and who is better between Brady, Rodgers & Brees.

Yay.

How does that do fans a favor? Without the Tebow story, which has been pretty compelling, it's the Pat, Ravens, Steelers, Packers, Saints in the playoffs again, and who is better between Brady, Rodgers & Brees.

Yay.
i guess variety is the spice of life and all... Time for the Tebow story to rest for a bit.

for now we have a week of firsts. First win for the colts and first loss for the packers.

I think it's worth mentioning that when they went to a modified 43 that used a lot of 44 concepts the game was 41-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST