PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

As a former Army paratrooper, I agree with this statement....

You need your best guys at tackle. Onwenu to RT not guard. You can always plug in Andrews or worst case a JAG at guard. Tackle you cannot try to fill with rando guys signed on Sept1

As has been pointed out, and as should be obvious, you build OL strength through continuity. Wynn has had a couple of bad weeks (the call on him yesterday looked ticky-tack), but he's the LT. Messing with the now, means three player - LT, LG, RT - will have different responsibilities. Is that a good idea?
I think this is right. I would favor trying to correct errors made by olinemen at each position first rather than moving them around.

Going to be a big day today when we see the injury report on Brown...I am expecting that he plays this week. Fingers crossed!!!

I think this is right. I would favor trying to correct errors made by olinemen at each position first rather than moving them around.
Thing to also remember. Young QB's get sacked a lot. Sometimes they just get confused by speed and things, and they take the sack. Jones has done a few of these. Olines are not always at fault for sacks, the run game has been great, so I am not sure its as bad as it seems.

It’s only two weeks, but Wynn is struggling pretty badly at LT.

They may need to do some shuffling if it continues.

My concern is nobody has ever seen Carmen Bricillo and Dave Deguglielmo in the same room. Dave didn't work out that well for us.

Carmen
View attachment 35907

Dave
View attachment 35911
We won a Sb and were 10-0 before injuries hit and still made it to the AFCCG in his 2 years. That’s working out pretty well actually

OK lets ignore 10 weeks of previous practice where all these guys practiced at the positions they currently play NOT where you want them to play.. Lets ignore the fact that a key element of good OL play is how they mesh together. Let's ignore OWenu could be an elite OG, but he TOO needs time to develop and moving to RT now would delay that development. Lets ignore the fact that Trent Brown is one of the better RT's and IS a road grader in the position and IS more likely than not to be ready for the Saints

You are trying to play with the OL like it's a fantasy team, and you can plug and play to you heart's desire, but it doesn't work that way, DKF, the OL is one organism that take time to develop and work like a GROUP, and it also involves the TE's and RB's. They don't work in a vacuum..

Good post, right on the money, this is exactly what is going on here. They made decisions on the way they were setting up the OL months ago and these are knee jerk reactions to what actually are real issues. They need to get their OL play ironed out but you don’t do that by juggling everyone around, you do it by cohesive play. Scar is gone, that’s a huge loss, but I still believe that OL will be a strength when all is said and done. We are two games in, have some patience.

As a former Army paratrooper, I agree with this statement....

Now imagine Mac realizing his scrub right tackles don't even belong in the NFL.... hence getting the ball out FAST every play. Smart move. He took 9 hits in week1 and that's not sustainable.

OLine is pathetic.
2 pass attempts 1 sack.
Get a new OC.

You know the OLine pass protection is hot garbage when Mac Jones had to rush 5 times today.

-Somehow the offense is getting worse. Fire the OC before this looks like Denver'10 and StLouis'11.
-OLine continues to be terrible. Fire the OC. Stop pretending Herron or Durant can play, they cannot.
-Mac rushing 5 times shows how crappy the pass protection is. Mac should not be the rushing leader in a game!
-Brandon Bolden should never run the ball over the 3 other RBs, ever. FIRE the OC.
-Team still has no idea how to use 2TEs. Stop using Jonnu as an outside receiver, he is a middle of the field tight end.
-Red zone issues continue. Fire the OC.

-Run defense remains an issue. Bentley and Godchaux still suck.

I don't think McDaniels controls personnel assignments.

I don't think McDaniels controls personnel assignments.

The offensive coordinator has no say in the OLine? Gtfo. Although I would not be surprised the guy starts claiming he has no say in anything including all the sh-tty play calls. If anything the guy's best strength is excuse making.

I don't think he decides who starts, no.

I don't think he decides who starts, no.

He absolutely has a say in who plays on the offense. Are you kidding me? What's next, you're gonna be like NewEra and claim all the crappy shotgun playcalls (even now) is the fault of Brady and his wife Giselle.

Okay, so, was it Patricia that decided Butler didn't start that Super Bowl? Or was it Bill? Was it Weis or Bill who decided to have Brady start over Bledsoe?

You're assuming that calling the plays extends to personnel decisions. His job is to make things work. Whether or not he has done so or not is debatable. But I don't think he says who starts, no.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back