PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

Didn't the GM sign another decent RT in case Brown's balky calf acted up again? Oh wait he didn't? Who's that GM again? Can't remember his name?

100% in support of playing Hoyer until the line issues are straightened out. The Pats are currently on the Jets path of ruining a young QB with potential.
Brian Hoyer checking “dislike”

Btw, Newhouse played fine at LT (hope I'm not mixing that up). He was only a turnstile when they played him out of position.

Didn't the GM sign another decent RT in case Brown's balky calf acted up again? Oh wait he didn't? Who's that GM again? Can't remember his name?

He did sign a good interior lineman named Karras but this offense won't play him so that a scrub signed Sept1 Durant can play a vital tackle spot but will switch it up midgame every game with a 7th round pick Herron who has a heart of gold but who cannot play NFL caliber football.

Last edited:
Btw, Newhouse played fine at LT (hope I'm not mixing that up). He was only a turnstile when they played him out of position.
I can’t remember what poster on here said Newhouse was a former 1st pick and he’ll be fine. That was funny.

I can’t remember what poster on here said Newhouse was a former 1st pick and he’ll be fine. That was funny.

It's as hilarious and very sad and pathetic as people who still claim Herron or Durant had good games before, or NKeal Harry has potential.

They're not even watching the plays or film, it's a reflexive thing to defend XYZ staff person. I will admit that I think both bb and brady are the goats at what they do because I think the oc is a fraud

Last edited:
Info from Lazar. Herron horrible. Surprised to see Andrews. Still makes no sense that Karras sat the last 3 weeks.

His QB hits total looks wrong, should be 11 total...

Screenshot_20210928-004030.png

I think I might be the only Newhouse apologist on this forum. His failings were the fault of the coaching staff. He played well at RT (I did mix that up) and the coaches insisted on playing him at LT. Whether it was a lack of options, or hubris thinking they could coach anyone into the position, it was immediately clear he couldn't handle LT and they should have tried something else.

I think I might be the only Newhouse apologist on this forum. His failings were the fault of the coaching staff. He played well at RT (I did mix that up) and the coaches insisted on playing him at LT. Whether it was a lack of options, or hubris thinking they could coach anyone into the position, it was immediately clear he couldn't handle LT and they should have tried something else.
The O line coaching this season is atrocious...they can't even protect a simple D stunt. Scar's not walking through that door so I'm guessing heads will roll if this keeps up...unless it's one of Bill's kids doing the coaching...

Curious how you feel about Trent. He's been a durable Superbowl champ at LT and in many other seasons an injury prone underwhelming RT on multiple teams....

Correct, newhouse was awful at lt then for the 2nd buffalo game stepped in well at rt. I just hope we either get Trent back very soon or they shuffle the line before it’s too late.

It's as hilarious and very sad and pathetic as people who still claim Herron or Durant had good games before, or NKeal Harry has potential.

They're not even watching the plays or film, it's a reflexive thing to defend XYZ staff person. I will admit that I think both bb and brady are the goats at what they do because I think the oc is a fraud

NEM

The loss of Dante Scarnecchia was as big as any loss of coaching

The loss of Dante Scarnecchia was as big as any loss of coaching

Pats shuffled a lot of guys (Onwenu, Thuney, Eleamanor) last year and it seemed fine in fact the OLine looked very good. Dante didn't coach last year. It seems like Popovich was a good Oline coach but left and now the guy who stayed is a terrible OLine coach. Whoever keeps saying Durant and Herron should play NFL snaps, on the offensive staff of the Patriots, should be fired.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back