PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

Progress is progress and hopefully this is something we can build on. Let’s not get too excited. The Jets don’t just suck. They’re dysfunctional.

At one point do you drop your hate for certain players and look at what is going on when Karras plays. Watch Karras. He's incredibly limited. Any time he pulls, he whiffs and doesn't get to his block. It's a huge problem.

At what point do you acknowledge the FACT Karras has played excellent the last 2 weeks ???

Progress is progress and hopefully this is something we can build on. Let’s not get too excited. The Jets don’t just suck. They’re dysfunctional.

True. The Chargers game will show A LOT. I personally think this team has talent and has been mismanaged by mediocre staff around BB.

At what point do you acknowledge the FACT Karras has played excellent the last 2 weeks ???

He didn't. I watched him. He can't pull. Watch the Patriots when he's in, 90% of the time they run their sweeps and counters to the left. The one time they ran to the right yesterday, it was his block who made the contact at the LOS and JJ Taylor carried him for 3 yards. Do you even watch Patriot games?

He didn't. I watched him. He can't pull. Watch the Patriots when he's in, 90% of the time they run their sweeps and counters to the left. The one time they ran to the right yesterday, it was his block who made the contact at the LOS and JJ Taylor carried him for 3 yards. Do you even watch Patriot games?

Who gives a sh-t. Did you see Harris literally run right behind Karras on his TD score. 4 rushing TD's in 1 game and you're saying the OLine lineup is bad? This is a classic case of refusing to admit your theory is totally wrong and the actual results are telling the story.

Have you taken a look at the QB hit numbers, QB pressures, QB sacks, not to mention very excellent offensive rushing numbers the last 2 weeks? Sorry Bricillo's brother, that your D3 sibling was over-ruled and the Pats Oline looks to be stabilized now. The OLine SUCKED the first 5 weeks, how can you try to defend that crappy OLine.

Who gives a sh-t. Did you see Harris literally run right behind Karras on his TD score. 4 rushing TD's in 1 game and you're saying the OLine lineup is bad? This is a classic case of refusing to admit your theory is totally wrong and the actual results are telling the story.

Have you taken a look at the QB hit numbers, QB pressures, QB sacks, not to mention very excellent offensive rushing numbers the last 2 weeks? Sorry Bricillo's brother, that your D3 sibling was over-ruled and the Pats Oline looks to be stabilized now. The OLine SUCKED the first 5 weeks, how can you try to defend that crappy OLine.
You asked I answered. There's a reason he's a backup. A reason why Belichick didn't offer an above min contract. A reason why he was cut in Miami. He's a very limited backup. Anyone who thinks he's better than Wynn doesn't know what he's watching.

Who cares? Who cares that our guard misses blocks and gets plays blown up? Who cares?

News article below.

Kudos to the Patriots for finally going with Onwenu at RT and Karras (playing excellent) at guard.

Sometimes it takes slower or dumber management in companies more time to recognize and make changes or to adapt to what the market needs. BB is surrounded by half wits on his staff. 5-6 weeks is better late than never
Is there a reason why centers (who play poor to mediocre) sometimes vastly improve when they’re moved to guard?

I’m really thinking of the 2014 team, when they moved Ryan Wendell (center) to right guard and then he started playing so much better.

Is there a reason why centers (who play poor to mediocre) sometimes vastly improve when they’re moved to guard?

I’m really thinking of the 2014 team, when they moved Ryan Wendell (center) to right guard and then he started playing so much better.

It's an interesting question. Some guys just play better on one side, like Onwenu was a low draft pick on the left side but a top10 right tackle on the right side. Center is a complex spot that identifies defensive alignment so some guys are just better guards than thinking through all this at center. Also left and right tackle, you see here we have our dumba-s staff trying to stick Trent Brown at RT even though he's a LT which is where Scar put him, and again Onwenu is a RT not a LG despite what moronic stubborn idiots on the staff keep thinking.

Credit to ashley for posting Lazar:

And what is better? Countless hours by each of us evaluating each play for every position for every game? It's better than nothing.

Yup. The total QB hits is way down the last 2 weeks. Period. And the running game has had over 100 yards rushing 2 weeks in a row. Would be idiocy to move Onwenu back to guard when Trent comes back, just keep Onwenu at RT.

And what is better? Countless hours by each of us evaluating each play for every position for every game? It's better than nothing.
Anything. They had Judon as 84 out of 101...give me a break!

I've noticed in the past that OL injuries early in the year can greatly improve a team (particularly if those guys get back). You learn what your depth is worth and what they need to work on.

Something is wrong with Wynn - he had a knee earlier, I believe. I notice that he's often off-balance with that first step back and is getting pushed around often - even by a safety a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't look like he can plant that first step with power.

In any case, I think I agree with DKF on Onwenu. He's really great at RT and should only get better. If Brown comes back, I wouldn't mind seeing

Brown-Wynn (I think it protects that big weakness he's showing at LT)-Andrew-Mason-Onwenu. Wynn can go back to lT next year if whatever is ailing him is okay.

Cajuste will get better - he's only played a couple of NFL games! Herron is good when used correctly. Karras is a fantastic and versatile backup. I think Durant is better at guard. Ferentz is a filler piece.

The left side with Brown and win should get huge push against anybody.

Michael Hurley told me on Twitter that Trent is eligible to return this week. When/If he ever does, I'd use him as a 6th OL unless Wynn is still getting his ass kicked. I'd plug Brown in at LT and try to keep everyone else where they are.

Anything. They had Judon as 84 out of 101...give me a break!

PFF you mean? That's a good score isn't it. Numbers over 80 are elite in their grading I believe. You don't think Judon has been elite ?

PFF you mean? That's a good score isn't it. Numbers over 80 are elite in their grading I believe. You don't think Judon has been elite ?
Did I hear that wrong - I heard he was ranked 84th out of 101. They have him with a 61 grade.

Did I hear that wrong - I heard he was ranked 84th out of 101. They have him with a 61 grade.

Interesting let me double check. In general most rating systems have some flaws as long as one knows how to interpret or properly view. Not often are they completely wrong on a guy. I'll check when I have time to see if it was a rating score or something else.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back