PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT OK - So here's the deal regarding moderation. Pull up a chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my opinion.
I will also say, your opinion isn't wrong. Repeating the same argument over and over again can be a little tiring, which does fall into a category that we're trying to avoid.

There's no "backdoor" channel, anyone can PM me at any time. Whether it's a long-term poster or someone new. If it's a valid concern, then I definitely look into it.
Happy to hear you keep your backdoor closed and private.

I take offense to your cavalier and insensitive application of that word. You clearly have no understanding of my people's struggle.
41aba879ce6b9475d33b199253676cca.gif

We see the Lord High Chamberlain’s men hiding all over town and then we see a sign for “Ye King’s Nostril Inn”

Daffy (voice over): And at this time, at an inn near town, a weary young traveller has just alighted from the Dover coach

The Scarlet Pumpernickel, disguised as an elegant young fop of a nobleman, alights from the coach and approaches the Inn Keeper, who is played by Elmer Fudd

The Scarlet Pumpernickel (disguised as fop): How is your cuisine and your good wine, my foul feral of a pheasant - er, peasant!

Innkeeper: Oh, Mr Nobleman, you honor my humble wodgings (lodgings)

The Scarlet Pumpernickel (disguised as fop): Yes, they are humble, aren’t they!

Daffy takes snuff, then sneezes madly while bouncing all over the courtyard. He recovers, as if nothing happened.

The Scarlet Pumpernickel (disguised as fop): My room bumpkin. I’m pooped
MV5BNDBmMTFiNjQtNGYzOS00MGY0LTkzMmEtM2VkZjJiNWY1YTM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgyODgxNjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1330,1000_AL_.jpg

I will also say, your opinion isn't wrong. Repeating the same argument over and over again can be a little tiring, which does fall into a category that we're trying to avoid.
I'm just saying that our real helmets and uniforms are astronomically better--

--Oh, sorry.

This idea of a backdoor channel to the mods where some elite posters get their will dutifully carried out is so insane. How can people actually take this site so seriously that they get worked up into this type of paranoia?

Not that it is exactly the same thing you are getting at here, but some years ago on PoFo there was quite literally a conspiracy (meaning a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful) to bait posters of a differing persuasion into a flame war (knowing the posters wouldn't be able to hold their tongues) and then leverage a like minded mod to get involved and ban/suspend the "replying poster". It would have remained secret if only the conspirators had known that posts made to a poster's profile page are public and not actually private messages.

Don't underestimate A, how a largely anonymous internet board will bring out the worst in people or B, certain cohorts don't understand how this all works. I mean look at how bad people are on Facebook...and that isn't even anonymous.

Its why I always shared photos of me/my family/my real name with posters there. I had nothing to hide behind the "4th wall" and wanted to put "that skin" in the game.

My name is obviously a joke

Yeah, your user name probably doesn’t do you any favors with these things. (And this is coming from someone with the god-awful name of “Aluminum Seats,” which I threw in there thinking that I would post once and never come back again. Of course that was about 14 years ago.)

Reactions: Ian
Believe it or not, I think you have a great site and I do believe you try to be reasonable. That's as far as I go because I don't kiss ass like some other posters in this thread.

But come on, you say it's not personal, but one of your mods called me a name in PatJew's thread. That's the definition of personal. It may not be personal to you, but I think you are giving your mods the benefit of the doubt, which although understandable, doesn't always lead to the correct conclusion.

Appreciating the efforts of volunteer mods and a site owner who isn’t trying make a profit is “kissing ass”? Maybe you can look inward about your own attitude before complaining about the reactions people have to you. And it sounds like, based on this attitude, maybe you are being singled out justifiably.

Do you realize you bring no financial value to any of these people? You act like you’re a consumer choosing which product suits you best. You have the entire relationship structure wrong here. They have no obligation to provide this site for you. You should be more gracious.

Not that it is exactly the same thing you are getting at here, but some years ago on PoFo there was quite literally a conspiracy (meaning a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful) to bait posters of a differing persuasion into a flame war (knowing the posters wouldn't be able to hold their tongues) and then leverage a like minded mod to get involved and ban/suspend the "replying poster". It would have remained secret if only the conspirators had known that posts made to a poster's profile page are public and not actually private messages.

Don't underestimate A, how a largely anonymous internet board will bring out the worst in people or B, certain cohorts don't understand how this all works. I mean look at how bad people are on Facebook...and that isn't even anonymous.

Its why I always shared photos of me/my family/my real name with posters there. I had nothing to hide behind the "4th wall" and wanted to put "that skin" in the game.
There are things that went on there that you still don't know and would shock you.
Perhaps some day I may send you a PM ... perhaps not ... let sleeping dogs sleep.
Some things are not as they appear.

This is just my opinion.

"They shouldn't have picked Harry, he's a bad fit for this system." <- not trolling.
"If Harry can't adjust by now he's not going to make it." <-not trolling.
"I think Harry is a bust." <- not trolling.
"Harry is proof this team can't draft a good WR" <- not trolling.
"Haha look at Harry drop another pass, what a ****stick." <-probably trolling.

Or to try to put it more succinctly if your posts sound like something a visiting Jets fan would say to try to torment us then you're probably just here to be a POS.

This idea of a backdoor channel to the mods where some elite posters get their will dutifully carried out is so insane. How can people actually take this site so seriously that they get worked up into this type of paranoia?

What's more likely, that Ian - a guy I will happily gush over because I think he's a genuinely good person - is facilitating this cool kids club, or that your posts are just coming across as someone who is here to **** with people?

That's the thing. I truly believe that my posts regarding Harry have fallen into the not trolling category. I feel that my legitimate arguments for a particular position are sometimes deleted. Then I see other posters personally attack me and others with no repercussions. There is one particular poster that just goes around insulting me in ways that have nothing to do with the topic. Go back and look at PatJew's thread. You'll see it there. I have no idea what his problem is, and I never respond to his attacks. But I do know that his attacks never get deleted. And that's why people like me and others feel that people aren't treated equally around here.

I think it's hard for you to have an unbiased opinion on this--of course you would find it unthinkable that mods would bully posters, because it doesn't happen to you.

Appreciating the efforts of VOLUNTEER mods and a site owner who isn’t trying make a profit is “kissing ass”? Maybe you can look inward about your own attitude before complaining about the reactions people have to you. And it sounds like, based on this attitude, maybe you are being singled out justifiably.

Do you realize you bring no financial value to any of these people? You act like you’re a consumer choosing which product suits you best. You have the entire relationship structure wrong here. They have no obligation to provide this site for you. You should be more gracious.

Mods have power on this site. They can delete all your threads or ban you. I don't kiss up to power. That's just my value system. I'm sorry if you find that objectionable, but I have to follow what I believe is right.

That's the thing. I truly believe that my posts regarding Harry have fallen into the not trolling category. I feel that my legitimate arguments for a particular position are sometimes deleted. Then I see other posters personally attack me and others with no repercussions. There is one particular poster that just goes around insulting me in ways that have nothing to do with the topic. Go back and look at PatJew's thread. You'll see it there. I have no idea what his problem is, and I never respond to his attacks. But I do know that his attacks never get deleted. And that's why people like me and others feel that people aren't treated equally around here.

I think it's hard for you to have an unbiased opinion on this--of course you would find it unthinkable that mods would bully posters, because it doesn't happen to you.
I have removed a bunch of insults lobbed at you ...
even though you loathe me I do the job.

Happy to hear you keep your backdoor closed and private.

Agreed, although there may be some (or at least one) o_O who think he's missing out on something

Yeah, your user name probably doesn’t do you any favors with these things. (And this is coming from someone with the god-awful name of “Aluminum Seats,” which I threw in there thinking that I would post once and never come back again. Of course that was about 14 years ago.)
Consider it a legacy name -- some of us recall sitting on those aluminum seats (cold and narrow as they were). They were part of being a Patriots fan for quite a few years.

There are things that went on there that you still don't know and would shock you.
Perhaps some day I may send you a PM ... perhaps not ... let sleeping dogs sleep.
Some things are not as they appear.

I have no doubts Icy.

For all of the complaining going on in here perhaps along the way you missed what was happening right under your nose. Deus can complain all he wants but I have worked tirelessly to eliminate political and religion discussion in this forum. Most members here who come to talk football appreciate this. It leaves them free to talk football. Opinions are not moderated ... rules violations are moderated regardless of what the some may think.

It has taken me hundreds of hours to clean it up ... great that it is gone.
I was a huge political forum guy ... but I have great distaste for it in the football area.

Those who were making political or religion remarks here got their post removed and a message to them went along with it ... you know who you are.

A few here seem to think they own the board more than others. They attack and harass anyone they deem a troll. A mod trying to figure out exactly what a troll is can be difficult. If you have continually attacked someone you thought a troll then you got deleted ... such is life. Ian put the ignore feature in for a reason ... find it and use it.

As for Patjew ... I love the guy ... but it was already in the rules that if your post was in a trail of bad it could be removed to clean the thread and get it back on topic.

Lastly ... there's a message box ... send the mods a message asking why you were deleted if you really don't know .... whomever did it will respond. Before you post a new thread ... please consider if it might get hijacked into a political or religious discussion. Also it only takes 1 person to post a political or religious post and others jump on it and the thread becomes a mess. How about reporting it. I cannot read through all the threads ... I do have a life and we do this for free for the good of the board.

Lastly - lastly ... as a mod (Patters) taught me long ago said:
"If you feel a need to insult someone then you have already lost the debate.
People insult because they have lost the proof they seek." he was correct.

How about doing more research to strengthen your hand ... we have people here who do this.
When they do it draws others into the discussion ... and we get a great thread out of it.

If someone is truly to ignorant to see the truth ... perhaps it's time to move on from them.

We're no Chief's Planet ... thank God for that.
I was looking for certain clips and noticed I had a few post deleted in the Britt released thread.

I made this comment and was called an idiot ...
"Makes sense coming to a set in stone conclusion after a few preseason games.

He definitely needs some time & so does the team to get an offense more suited for him".

Which is fine in all honesty. I don't get upset over this stuff and certainly don't report or run to mods when something comes up.

I simply reminded @Off The Grid he had more bust than Anna Nichole Smith after surgery and listed a bunch. Literally copy/paste his work. I didn't distort his work or anything. Simply gave him a lil ass kicking.

I love OTG and appreciate what he does as a draftnik. Deleting stuff like that is crazy to me. I pm'd @Ross12 but got no response.

Not the biggest deal but imo pretty weak. I don't think it was personal at all and mods overstepped. Would just like some clarification bc that's an exchange that happens almost daily here if we're being honest.

I've been on 2 Pats site before this and can say easily its the best. I do think the deleted post have gotten a bit much with all due respect.

I have no doubts Icy.
You were asked to be a mod to free him up for his efforts.
If you remember I tried to tell you to really think hard about it ...
because I knew what was to happen.

Mods have power on this site. They can delete all your threads or ban you. I don't kiss up to power. That's just my value system. I'm sorry if you find that objectionable, but I have to follow what I believe is right.

Given what routinely goes on here, I'd wager a substantial amount the ability to ban someone resides under only one person's purview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes