PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OJ Howard On The Trading Block Per Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady doesn't trust O.J. Howard.....why should we trade for him?

I say wait a bit.......and maybe Brady will just shut him out early in camp...and we can get him cheaper in the summer?

I say wait a bit.......and maybe Brady will just shut him out early in camp...and we can get him cheaper in the summer?
No way we are so thin on tight end we have missed too much have to take the risk.

Bucs are a**holes for trading him now. Would've rather burned the 2nd on him than Sanu 8.1.

How can Brady not trust OJ Howard without having met the guy or even played with him? The truth is Howard doesn't fit in Arians offense, which doesn't place a premium on TEs.

Howard for a 3rd seems to be a win-win. So what's holding up the trade? This is a clean transaction, no complications.
========
Yes, it is possible that we are working to trade the rights to Gronk.

It is also possible that Edelman is being discussed.

IMO, neither of these should stand in the way of making the Howard for pick(s) trade. Perhaps one of the other transactions will happen, perhaps not.

How can Brady not trust OJ Howard without having met the guy or even played with him? The truth is Howard doesn't fit in Arians offense, which doesn't place a premium on TEs.

But Brady likes using his TE's....and Arians/Christenen already came out saying that they would try a hybrid approach with Brady to fit his strengths. Yeah, Brady isn't the GM...but I imagine he carries a lot of weight.

McDaniels is terrible at drafting RBs and WRs and TEs so I would totally give up our 3rd round pick for a known talent in OJ Howard, even though it would mean the Pats only have a 1st rounder then a 4th round pick and later picks.
Howard is a known talent, but I'm not sure it is necessarily good

How can Brady not trust OJ Howard without having met the guy or even played with him?
Howard was drinking a Coke and eating non-avocado ice cream when he FaceTimed with Brady last week. He's done for.

I don't understand why they would move Howard, he's the best blocking tight end in the business and he's usable as a receiver, but he's definitely worth a third considering the awful crop of tight ends in this draft, and you would have him under control for two years if you exercise his option.

Frankly I think something like Gronk's rights and a late round pick for Howard and the #76 overall pick makes the most sense if they want to go that route.

Hes a FA next year that they can’t pay with Barrett and Godwin needing to be paid

With no OTA I expect Howard/Godwin/Evans to look like XFL player playing with that bum Brady

We don’t have a TE we have special teams players with the TE tag next to there names

Feels like the 2011 Rams offense that McDaniels ran, that was last in the league in points and yards. He was gifted/inherited Gronk when he came back but never really got the importance of tight ends when it came to replenishing the cupboard.

Great point. So it's a no-brainer to give up a 3rd rounder, if that's the asking price, for OJ Mayo. We really really need a good starting TE. It helps with both the run game and helps relieve pressure for Stidham or whoever the QB is going to be.

How does trading for a washed up former NBA player help our TE situation?;)

Hes a FA next year that they can’t pay with Barrett and Godwin needing to be paid

He's got a team option for next season and they indicated they intended to exercise it earlier in the offseason.

With no OTA I expect Howard/Godwin/Evans to look like XFL player playing with that bum Brady

OTA's or not....I expect Brady to blow up the stat sheet. I think he still has one more great season left in him and that he will win one more SB before retiring....IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST