PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OJ Howard On The Trading Block Per Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third or fourth round for him and I am in. Second round is too rich.
Still promising prospect used in a wrong way by Tampa.

Second rd we dont have and probably have to clear cap space too. Player for player switch?

Third or fourth round for him and I am in. Second round is too rich.

Fourth round sounds about right. Given his lack of production I doubt he'd fetch a higher comp pick anyhow.

He'd be a one year rental with his fifth year option going to about 6m.

3rd or 4th sure. Can’t see him going for much more. The reposts of him “just not getting it” would be one reason to limit the price.

I don't understand why they would move Howard, he's the best blocking tight end in the business and he's usable as a receiver, but he's definitely worth a third considering the awful crop of tight ends in this draft, and you would have him under control for two years if you exercise his option.

Frankly I think something like Gronk's rights and a late round pick for Howard and the #76 overall pick makes the most sense if they want to go that route.

Gonk is going to Tampa Beach.

Bostons favorite Son no more.

Are we in a position where we should be taking on one-year rentals?

I'm not so sure at this point.

Are we in a position where we should be taking on one-year rentals?

I'm not so sure at this point.

What is the concern? We can always sign him long term during the year.

Pats inquired about him earlier in 2019....

Agreed on 3d or 4th...heck id probably even do a 2 given recent Pats draft misses

What about Howard and a 2nd for Thuney? Or Howard and a 3rd? It helps us free up cap space.

He's got an option so would not necessarily be a rental.
My bad, then.

I was concerned about acquiring someone who could walk after a season where we're not likely to be Super Bowl contenders.

Would be nice if we had someone who could throw to him. Hes already spent a good amount of time playing with ****ty QBs

I don't understand why they would move Howard, he's the best blocking tight end in the business and he's usable as a receiver, but he's definitely worth a third considering the awful crop of tight ends in this draft, and you would have him under control for two years if you exercise his option.

Because they are trading for Gronk obviously;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back