PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh the irony, Jets fans want the Jets to sign McCourty

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked the Jets boards to see what they were saying about Revis and there seems to be a large segment of the Jets' fan base who would rather the Jets go after McCourty.

Ironically, these are the same Jets fans who labeled McCourty a bust for years and how he was forced to move to safety because he sucked so bad. The same Jets fans who proclaimed that Belichick can't draft and other than Gronkowski they wouldn't want anyone the Pats have drafted since Mankins. The same Jets fans who ridiculed the Pats for years for picking McCourty when they could have had the far superior Kyle Wilson. Now McCourty is one of their top targets and a target that many want over overpaying for Revis.

I think it is hilarious.

Just checked the Jets boards to see what they were saying about Revis and there seems to be a large segment of the Jets' fan base who would rather the Jets go after McCourty.

Ironically, these are the same Jets fans who labeled McCourty a bust for years and how he was forced to move to safety because he sucked so bad. The same Jets fans who proclaimed that Belichick can't draft and other than Gronkowski they wouldn't want anyone the Pats have drafted since Mankins. The same Jets fans who said the Pats blew the pick of McCourty when they could have had the far superior Kyle Wilson. Now McCourty is one of their top targets and a target that many want over overpaying for Revis.

I think it is hilarious.

Last edited:
Sounds more like Sour Grapes from NJ Rat fan club still stewing over the fact Revis has a ring the first year here......they don't really want him in the traditional sense they want to try to stick it to us winning the "March SB"

I have a gut feeling that we retain both Revis and DMac

They want everybody. Hopefully we spoil their plans soon lol

i will lose all respect for mccourty if he joins the jests.

Can McCourty throw the ball? He might be an upgrade from Geno

hahaha, "just checked" Rob?

We all know you spend more time on the Jets board then you do here!

Not hating, it is free entertainment like no other, some may say it's a circus over there :)

Where the Phuck is the Jet continues to SUCK thread??

Jets were 32nd in passing last year, Adding more drama will improve them to 30th, no?

Their QB sucks, no?
Their RB sucks, no?
Their secondary sucks, no?
They suck, no?

I will be more worried when Suh gets signed by Phin.

Their D-line is nasty, their WR's are good, and their RB does not suck. Ivory is a poor man's Lynch which isn't too bad. If they can land an average QB, I think they could be a playoff team, but honestly, I think losing Rex will hurt them. Say what you want about Rexy, but he got them to play hard and to overachieve against the Pats.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl this season. You are STILL scared to death of the Rats. Does anything ever get through to you type of fans?

Where the Phuck is the Jet continues to SUCK thread??

Jets were 32nd in passing last year, Adding more drama will improve them to 30th, no?

Their QB sucks, no?
Their RB sucks, no?
Their secondary sucks, no?
They suck, no?

I will be more worried when Suh gets signed by Phin.

The new league year starts soon.. so will the 2015 Jets suck thread.. a tradition like no other..

i will lose all respect for mccourty if he joins the jests.

I wont.

2 ints - 9 pass defensed - 1 forced fumble. Some Elite Safety.

None of the Elite Safety BS adds up. If McCourty is the "Savior" that some people here think that he is then why aren't the Pats keeping him if Revis hits FA? Also, the Pats did not lock McCourty up with a 2nd contract like they did with Wilfork, Gronk, Hernandez, etc.

The bottom line is that the Pats are no better off if Revis departs and McCourty is still in NE. We are not talking about Ed Reed here who was Elite.

I wont.

2 ints - 9 pass defensed - 1 forced fumble. Some Elite Safety.

None of the Elite Safety BS adds up. If McCourty is the "Savior" that some people here think that he is then why aren't the Pats keeping him if Revis hits FA? Also, the Pats did not lock McCourty up with a 2nd contract like they did with Wilfork, Gronk, Hernandez, etc.

The bottom line is that the Pats are no better off if Revis departs and McCourty is still in NE. We are not talking about Ed Reed here who was Elite.

Here we go with that stats/highlights ******** argument again. It is DMac's job to be in a position to prevent plays from happening that show up on a stats sheet. His range is what makes opposing QBs think twice from throwing towards his area of responsibility.

By the same logic, any CB that doesnt have many impressive stats because he is rarely thrown at is also no "savior".

Here we go with that stats/highlights ******** argument again. It is DMac's job to be in a position to prevent plays from happening that show up on a stats sheet. His range is what makes opposing QBs think twice from throwing towards his area of responsibility.

By the same logic, any CB that doesnt have many impressive stats because he is rarely thrown at is also no "savior".

Revis is a Savior.

For 10 years the Pats have tried to field a pass defense good enough to win a championship. Its no accident that once Revis was on the team that the NE pass defense would be respectable again. All NFL DBs are fast and have range.

In a team game with a team defense, it is difficult to assess complimentary play.. McCourty did not have impressive numbers, but my eyeball tells me that I did not see the back of his jersey as he ran after WR's....

Every teams d is a hybrid based on their philosophy and resources.. so to just take stats and assume a player is good or bad is folly... for this team McCourty was an invaluable asset.

I am hoping they can work out a contract..

hahaha, "just checked" Rob?

We all know you spend more time on the Jets board then you do here!

Not hating, it is free entertainment like no other, some may say it's a circus over there :)

I haven't posted a single post on a Jets board in at least four months. I haven't even looked at Jets Insider since they switched to the crap Scout Inc site.

Revis is a Savior.

For 10 years the Pats have tried to field a pass defense good enough to win a championship. Its no accident that once Revis was on the team that the NE pass defense would be respectable again. All NFL DBs are fast and have range.
We struggled through the first 4 weeks Revis played then browner returned after this and we got better. By that logic Browner is our "Savior"

Yeah not surprised especially since McCourty was asked if he wouldn't mind signing with Jets since he's from NY and he said he wouldn't rule it out. They jumped all over it.

The only thing that worries me is the sun in Miami . Suh will be great , but extremely overpaid . The Miami needs a team, several good players in several positions, before having stars .Revis in Tampa made a difference? A team in the NFL needs strong cast and a good / great QB to be champion with rare exceptions ..

I dont mind if the pay him 10m + year with tons of gtd money. They will get hurt later. Dont forget that will get a high comp pick. So at least we get something and hurt a divisional rival.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back