PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official thread for those going to Seattle - 10/14/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Moderator sticky request just for this week.

Patriots Tailgate (for Pats fans going to road games) and the Boston Sports Fan Group of Seattle invite you to join us for our biggest weekend of the season.

Saturday Night Party 6pm - 9pm - Spitfire (2219 4th Avenue, between Bell and Blanchard Streets) This will be a casual get together for the fans to meet and catch up before the excitement of game day. We may have some special guests from the Boston media joining us. Wear your Pats gear as we'll be taking pictures and video. Happy hour goes til 6:30. 21 and over only for this event.

Sunday Morning Pre-game Party - ShowBox SoDo 1700 1st Avenue South Seattle, WA 98134 9am to 12:30pm with special
guest, Patriots Hall of Famer Sam "Bam" Cunningham who will be available for pictures and autographs (donation requested). There will be a breakfast buffet available for $12 as well as a full bar. Under 21 are welcome but will only be allowed in a limited area. It's just a short walk to Centurylink Field from this location.

$10 donation per person will be collected at the door supporting the Jimmy Fund as well as all other net proceeds from the weekend's events.

Hotel - we had a group block rate at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown/Pioneer Square (612 2nd Avenue) but this is sold out. You may want to stick with the Pioneer Square area as it is easily walkable to the pregame party and stadium.

Tickets - Try the Ticket Exchange which is reliable since it is handled by the team itself.
Seattle Seahawks Tickets - The Official Ticket Exchange of the NFL
Extra tickets have been posted on the Facebook event page (see link below)

RSVP and get more info about the parties here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/261140454002033/

Note that you'll need to join Patriots Tailgate first to be added/include in the event page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PatsTG/

So who's joining us?!

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them here.

How much of a turnout do you usually get for these events?

I would think since the Pats play so rarely on the west cost (e.g., only once every eight years in Seattle) that Pats fans living anywhere remotely close would make it a point to go to games such as this one.

Last edited:
How much of a turnout do you usually get for these events?

I would think since the Pats play so rarely on the west cost (e.g., only once every eight years in Seattle) that Pats fans living anywhere remotely close would make it a point to go to games such as this one.

Pretty much - I haven't been to one of SoCal Bong's events yet, but was planning on going to this one until work made it a no-go. Generally speaking, anytime the Pats play within a few hundred miles of me, I'm going to make sure to be there. Being a fan out on the west coast, a few hundred miles passes for "right next door"

Last edited:
We had almost 300 (which is near capacity) in 2008 for the Pregame party in Seattle and this year we've promoted it much better and have much better connections so it should be even higher and we'll squeeze in as many as possible.

Pretty much - I haven't been to one of SoCal Bong's events yet, but was planning on going to this one until work made it a no-go. Generally speaking, anytime the Pats play within a few hundred miles of me, I'm going to make sure to be there. Being a fan out on the west coast, a few hundred miles passes for "right next door"

I go to games all over the West and when in Seattle. Seattle trips are rare. I was living in Boston (Somerville) when they were there in 2008 so I didn't go then. I haven't been to any of the meet-up events either. They just don't ever seem to work with my schedule. The pre-game stuff they do when in Oakland is actually in San Francisco which just doesn't work out for me as I stick with Oakland. Since I live in Portland, I will just drive up in the morning to go to CenturyLink.

I met one of the group in Orange County, CA when I was there watching a Patriots game in a bar. It may have been SoCalBong.

The pre-game stuff they do when in Oakland is actually in San Francisco which just doesn't work out for me as I stick with Oakland.

In 2008 we did meet up in SF for the Sunday morning tailgate but in 2011 both our Saturday night party and Sunday morning get-togethers were in Downtown Oakland.

Wish I could be there. Seattle seems like a great place to visit too. Have a great time those who are going and please make our team and our fan base proud!!

I'll be catching a ride down with a Seahawk fan, but I'm gonna do my best to try and show up for at least a little bit of the Sunday event. Can't get here soon enough!

Ticketmaster still has over 500 tickets available for anybody that's still interested in going but has not yet purchased tickets, and StubHub is listing another 500 tickets as well.

Just to clarify, those Ticketmaster tickets are really Ticket Exchange meaning they are market priced, not face value.

In 2008 we did meet up in SF for the Sunday morning tailgate but in 2011 both our Saturday night party and Sunday morning get-togethers were in Downtown Oakland.

I should have checked. That was a fun day!

Ahhh wish i could fly out and see them out there

Only went to 1 away game when they played the jets in NY and lost :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing