PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official SF/GB playoff game thread, open for bidness...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins and by how much?

• Packers by 6 or more

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Packers by 5 or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 49ers win in an upset

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can somebody explain to me how home field advantage works? Is that actually a thing?
I don't think it matters as much anymore.

But it did matter when the Pats lost in Denver.

And back in the day Arrowhead was so loud that Elway got the ref to warn the fans.

Tough pass rush on TFB may make him human. Getting 2007 SB vibes. Rogers is far more mobile and he got done in.
Rooting for a TFB vs JAG NFCCG. I'll take TFB vs Buff SB or TFB pounding Kermit.
A Brady W in any of those will be known as the "Whose Your Daddy?" game.

Maybe. But his OC today isn't Josh McIdiot so I think the Bucs have a better chance today even with Wirfs out.

Over half of Rogers' tenure (7 of 13 years, injured in '17), their defense was ranked in the bottom half of the league in yards allowed.

6 of those 13 years they were bottom half of the league in points allowed.

Yet they only had a negative point differential in two years, one of them in '17 - he was out.

Negative margin of victory in two years excluding '17.

Only three years did they have a yardage differential in the bottom half of the league. Four counting '17.

Mind you they lost the game on special teams too.

Also Farve Won one sb (beat us), lost one... Favre and Rodgers are equal. Also Favre was in bottom half of league in Points three years to Rogers' 0.

They should be grateful and full of regret at the same time.

He's a gifted quarterback, but having a d helps you not only have to score less, but it creates less pressure for highlight-reel plays/hero ball because... well... point differnetial and statistics and such.

They gave him average defenses (which kinda leads us into our current situation with everybody wanting a Davante type, with a less-gifted QB)... literally average (see first line above)... and they paid for it in the postseason.

History will still treat him well. Ppl just mad that he's got this sigma male vibe and isn't good looking like Brady.

src

5 of his losses in the playoffs

20-23
22-28 (Packers defense picked off Wilson 4 times)
20-26 (Packers defense picked off Palmer 2 times)
26-31 (Packers defense picked off Brady 3 times)
10-13 (Packers defense didn't allow an offensive TD)

This guy doesn't have the 'January Clutch Gene" in him.

This is Rodgers' worst loss of his career. You had EVERYTHING going right for you - home field advantage, cold weather, nearly all injured guys came back, good players around you, - and you still managed to score only 10 points.

Last edited:
This is Rodgers' worst loss of his career. You had EVERYTHING going right for you - home field advantage, nearly all injured guys came back, good players around you, - and you still managed to score only 10 points.
49ers offense was begging them to blow them out

GB, NO, CHI, and SF are the teams I'd most want pats to face off against in a SB. But one can dream...

5 of his losses in the playoffs

20-23
22-28 (Packers defense picked off Wilson 4 times)
20-26 (Packers defense picked off Palmer 2 times)
26-31 (Packers defense picked off Brady 3 times)
10-13 (Packers defense didn't allow an offensive TD)

This guy doesn't have the 'January Clutch Gene" in him.
I just… haven’t heard any data pointing to what the “January clutch gene” is man… or if it exists?

I think it’s a made up thing.

what makes a postseason game different than a regular season game, given the opponents are the same?

I could definitely see if you can prove that in general, teams who know theyre likely to make it save certain schemes for the postseason but…

How many times did they have byes?

how many yards were allowed in those games?

Would be classic “bend over for AR and blame everyone and anyone else but the loser QB”. Were STs a s### show ? Sure. Did SF hold GB to one FG after the first drive and get beaten by a team w no offensive TDs at home ? Yes.

LaFleur saying (paraphrasing) something about it’d be crazy to not want AR back. Why the hell would you want a guy who racks up individual awards only to fail in devastating fashion year after year ? They are losers and so is AR.

Embarrassing. The gap between Brady and AR is Grand Canyon-ish.

What a bizarre statement. I wasn't making excuses for anyone. Pointing out the Special Teams played horrid for a playoff is pretty much undeniable. Pointing out that if they just played marginal STs, even GB's poor offensive showing would still have allowed GB to win the game.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time. Any argument to the contrary would be odd IMHO. AR is a top QB but he is not in the GOAT discussion, and his performance during the playoffs has not been 'top'. Does that sooth your hurt feelings about discussing very bad GB STs play?

What a bizarre statement. I wasn't making excuses for anyone. Pointing out the Special Teams played horrid for a playoff is pretty much undeniable. Pointing out that if they just played marginal STs, even GB's poor offensive showing would still have allowed GB to win the game.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time. Any argument to the contrary would be odd IMHO. AR is a top QB but he is not in the GOAT discussion, and his performance during the playoffs has not been 'top'. Does that sooth your hurt feelings about discussing very bad GB STs play?
No. My hatred for the POS AR runs deep and strong. Like the Amazon River.

I just don’t think AR is a top QB. I’d say “in the minds of AR and the media, AR is one of the very greatest”.

His crappy play has been directly responsible for GB’s playoff woes. He can burn like the bridges between he and everyone he meets.

I do hope Deebo is good to go next week and has a big game. All the Patriots execs and the owners should be required to watch Deebo as much as possible and consider their horrific mistake in the 2019 draft. Not only did they whiff on Deebo Samuel (and AJ Brown, etc.), their failure to get some quality WRS hastened the GOAT's exit. 2019 has to be the worst draft in Patriots history.

We do not know who is responsible for the Deebo disaster, but BB and Josh were probably involved.

Deebo Samuel went to South Carolina. Also had notable medical red flags

32 teams also passed on him in the 1st round including the 49ers.

Yeah, not sure why I said Clemson. I live near Columbia!

Interchangeable Within Tiers

Brady

2-4
Baugh
Graham
Montana

5-8
Luckman
Starr
Staubach
Unitas

9-11
Elway
Manning
Young

12-16
Bradshaw
Dawson
Marino
Rodgers
Van Brockln

17-19
Brees
Friedman
Herber
Tittle

20-25
Aikman
Favre
Kelly
Tarkenton
Warner
Great list.

I have trouble where to put Marino. He didn't win it all but he was a great QB. He had a very quick release and was accurate, even under pressure. It's not his fault he was stuck with Shula. :)

Over half of Rogers' tenure (7 of 13 years, injured in '17), their defense was ranked in the bottom half of the league in yards allowed.

6 of those 13 years they were bottom half of the league in points allowed.

Yet they only had a negative point differential in two years, one of them in '17 - he was out.

Negative margin of victory in two years excluding '17.

Only three years did they have a yardage differential in the bottom half of the league. Four counting '17.

Mind you they lost the game on special teams too.

Also Farve Won one sb (beat us), lost one... Favre and Rodgers are equal. Also Favre was in bottom half of league in Points three years to Rogers' 0.

They should be grateful and full of regret at the same time.

He's a gifted quarterback, but having a d helps you not only have to score less, but it creates less pressure for highlight-reel plays/hero ball because... well... point differnetial and statistics and such.

They gave him average defenses (which kinda leads us into our current situation with everybody wanting a Davante type, with a less-gifted QB)... literally average (see first line above)... and they paid for it in the postseason.

History will still treat him well. Ppl just mad that he's got this sigma male vibe and isn't good looking like Brady.

src
QBs come in 3 categories;
1) The media kisses some guy's butt even though he isn't that good.
2) The media kisses some guy's butt and he's actually good.
3) The media kisses some guy's butt and he's the most over-rated QB in the history of QBs.

Rodgers is category 3.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back