PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Official Raider + Panther Ghoul Thread!! *

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be the year BB upgrades the D-line or OLB with a top pick,,,,,

I just keep telling myself that, maybe some day it will be true!

A BANNER Week for Our Picks!! :D

Great Blue North Draft Report

Raiders ~ 11.5!!
Panthers ~ #33!!
Vikings ~ #73!!

The Vikings' New Life under their new Coach is a Tactical set back, but a Strategic BOO YAH!! :rocker:

And they didn't even slip!! :singing:

The Black Cats continued to assert their dominance...

And the Raiders went from #22 to #11.5 in 8 days!! BOO Yah!!!
beer.gif

The Raiders pick can easily slide from the 12th pick (where it is today) to the 9th pick after Sunday if the following happens:

Raiders lose at San Diego (pretty much a given)

Cleveland wins in Miami (moves Cleveland to 5-7 with a much higher SOS than the Raiders)

Seattle wins at home against Carolina (pushing the Pats closer to the much coveted pick #33)

and Minnesota beats Buffalo (moving them to 5-7)

Although a three way tie at 5-11 between the Raiders, Panthers, and Vikings is still mathematically possible (if you went by the current SOS that would garner the Pats the picks #1, 34, 67) but highly unlikely.

As anyone who watched the game last night will tell you that neither Arizona nor San Fran look like they are going to win many more games.

BTW San Fran is at Green Bay this week, so put any thoughts of them getting to five wins this week out of your mind.

Great stuff, as usual, Brother Ted!! :D

This is how I see it, on the dawn of a pivotal Week End...

Unreachable

1 ~ Panthers 1-10
2 ~ Lions 2-9
3 ~ Bengals 2-9
4 ~ Beefalos 2-9

Long Shots

5 ~ Cardinals 3-8
6 ~ Broncos 3-8

Unlikely But Feasible

7 ~ CowBoys 3-8

A DAMNED Good Chance

8 ~ Miners 4-7
9 ~ Vikings 4-7
10 ~ Browns 4-7

Summary

#8's Gravitational Pull ~ evident as much as 3 or so weeks ago ~ is drawing this pick IN. :rocker:

The NFC West must play each other. So somebody has to win those games.

Arizona finishes with games at home versus STL, DEN, @CAR, DAL, SF. SO either they get to 5+ wins or one of the others does.

Don't forget that both STL and SEA are 5-6 (tied for the division lead).

SF finishes @GB, SEA, @SD, @STL, ARI.

The Vikings play both Buffalo and Detriot (another win/win scenario).

Unreachable

1 ~ Panthers 1-10
2 ~ Lions 2-9
3 ~ Bengals 2-9
4 ~ Beefalos 2-9

Long Shots

5 ~ Cardinals 3-8
6 ~ Broncos 3-8

Unlikely But Feasible

7 ~ CowBoys 3-8

A DAMNED Good Chance

8 ~ Miners 4-7
9 ~ Vikings 4-7
10 ~ Browns 4-7

Summary

#8's Gravitational Pull ~ evident as much as 3 or so weeks ago ~ is drawing this pick IN. :rocker:

The NFC West must play each other. So somebody has to win those games.

Arizona finishes with games at home versus STL, DEN, @CAR, DAL, SF. SO either they get to 5+ wins or one of the others does.

Don't forget that both STL and SEA are 5-6 (tied for the division lead).

SF finishes @GB, SEA, @SD, @STL, ARI.

The Vikings play both Buffalo and Detriot (another win/win scenario).

Oh, I like THAT scenario. :D

I presume nothing, but it would be SO cool ~ and not at all shocking ~ if a few things broke the right way, and we squeezed down to #6...which is PROBABLY as far as we want to go!! :eek:

Unreachable

1 ~ Panthers 1-10
2 ~ Lions 2-9
3 ~ Bengals 2-9
4 ~ Beefalos 2-9

Long Shots

5 ~ Cardinals 3-8
6 ~ Broncos 3-8

Unlikely But Feasible

7 ~ CowBoys 3-8

A DAMNED Good Chance

8 ~ Miners 4-7
9 ~ Vikings 4-7
10 ~ Browns 4-7

Summary

Can't get this song out of my head Off The Grid.

YouTube - San Diego Super Chargers Theme Song

Unreachable

1 ~ Panthers 1-10
2 ~ Lions 2-9
3 ~ Bengals 2-9
4 ~ Beefalos 2-9

Long Shots

5 ~ Cardinals 3-8
6 ~ Broncos 3-8

Unlikely But Feasible

7 ~ CowBoys 3-8

A DAMNED Good Chance

8 ~ Miners 4-7
9 ~ Vikings 4-7
10 ~ Browns 4-7

Summary

Can't get this song out of my head Off The Grid.

YouTube - San Diego Super Chargers Theme Song

WOW. :eek:

That song is SO Circa 1977.
blink.gif

I LOVE the Lightning BOLTS. Allways have.

And it amuses me to hear all this "Nobody wants to play the Chargers in the PlayOffs" sewage!!
jester.gif

Norv Turner IS still the Head Coach, right??
insane.gif

Of course, they probably WILL take out the Jets in the Wild Card round ~ while the Steelers take out the Colts!! ~ before running into US.
fire.gif

I was stationed out in SD for 6 months a long time ago. During the 1980 football season. I can even remember Hadl throwing to Alworth/Garrison. Always been my 2nd favorite team. They better win out though. I see KC going 11-5 too. A loss to SD, wins Denver(h), St.L(a), Tennessee(h), oakland(h). SD will have a better division record if they win out becase KC lost to Denver. But, loser of Pitt/Balt game will have to keep an eye on the Chiefs for the 6th seed. That team will play at SD. NYJ will be the 5 seed and open at winner of AFC South.
Indy has 2 very physical games coming up in 5 days.

Indy better be careful their next 2 games. No running game and poor OL play could put Manning in danger. Dallas should be able to pressure him a little without having to worry about their running game. And, Garrett supposed to be a pretty smart fella. Went to Princeton. Has 10 days to prepare for Indy. His T's can't handle Freeney/Mathis one on one. He has 2 big te's Witten and Bennett. If he doesn't play both of them and 2 wr's. Not 3. I may question that Ivy League education. Then they turn around and play at Tennessee on Thursday Night. A physical, dirty, cheap divisional opponent. Kerry Collins will be back. So, they should be able to run/throw. Can't crowd the line to stop Johnson. I'm saying they don't win both. Keep Jax in the hunt.

I was stationed out in SD for 6 months a long time ago. During the 1980 football season. I can even remember Hadl throwing to Alworth/Garrison. Always been my 2nd favorite team. They better win out though. I see KC going 11-5 too. A loss to SD, wins Denver(h), St.L(a), Tennessee(h), oakland(h). SD will have a better division record if they win out becase KC lost to Denver. But, loser of Pitt/Balt game will have to keep an eye on the Chiefs for the 6th seed. That team will play at SD. NYJ will be the 5 seed and open at winner of AFC South.

You're Navy, then? I'm Army, but it was well after my Service time that I lived on Coronado for a while. Discovered StarBucks on that magnificent quasi-Island, 17 wonderfull years ago. :D

It'll be interesting to see how those seeds play out, all right. With the Patriots D still developing, and Coach B still insisting on turning into a stupid Prevent Defense AND Prevent Offense acolyte, whenever we go up 3 TD's on Manning the Elder, I'd be just as happy if the Lightning Bolts actually drew Indy in the first Round, though I think it's more likely that the Steelers do, which should also work out just fine...assuming Indy even makes it that far!! :eek:

Indy has 2 very physical games coming up in 5 days.

Indy better be careful their next 2 games. No running game and poor OL play could put Manning in danger. Dallas should be able to pressure him a little without having to worry about their running game. And, Garrett supposed to be a pretty smart fella. Went to Princeton. Has 10 days to prepare for Indy. His T's can't handle Freeney/Mathis one on one. He has 2 big te's Witten and Bennett. If he doesn't play both of them and 2 wr's. Not 3. I may question that Ivy League education. Then they turn around and play at Tennessee on Thursday Night. A physical, dirty, cheap divisional opponent. Kerry Collins will be back. So, they should be able to run/throw. Can't crowd the line to stop Johnson. I'm saying they don't win both. Keep Jax in the hunt.

Yeah, I like that talk: Just beat the living HELL out'f those little Indy twerps.
fire.gif

It was GREAT to watch Gronk just BULLY Freeney on that 7 yard Run that WoodHead picked up, immediately before that 36 yard Touch Down.

This year is Indy's last chance at us. By this time, next year ~ and hopefully we'll be on the field to prove it ~ the players we currently have will be far too proficient, on both sides of the ball ~ and the players we're about to haul in, in next year's Draft, will add far too much weaponry ~ for Indy to be able to scramble back, late in the game, after being dominated like they have been the last two times we've played: The talented but relatively raw crew ~ an incredible 9 of 11 are new to their jobs, this year ~ will be far more experienced, and we should haul in no less than 4 MAJOR Impact Players, between the Draft and both Ty Warren and Leigh Bodden coming back.

We're not quite there, yet. Indy does have one more shot, this year, if they make the PlayOffs.

But even then, I'd still expect us to crush them.

Ah HAH!! No less than Wes Bunting has Twittered some INTENSELY good news!!

Also some #NFLdraft news, hearing that more and more juniors on the fence this year are leaning toward coming out and not staying for new CBA

AWESOME. I started off on the other side of the fence, many moons ago, but it's seemed likely for a while, now, that ~ with UnderClassmen needing to make a decision in 6 weeks ~ that it wouldn't make any sense at all for any new CBA ~ which is very unlikely to happen before the Draft ~ to retroactively impose a Rookie Cap in 2011, making it very likely, indeed, that the 2011 Draft will be the last Wild West scenario, before Rookie salaries get CRUSHED. :eek:

...All of which means that potential Stars like Tyron Smith, JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, and Mike Brewster are more likely to make themselves available!! :rocker:

Well the Raiders beat San Diego today, but it doesn't appear to be all that bad because a few teams with records close to that of Oakland also won today so it shouldn't lower our pick all that much this week.

Well the Raiders beat San Diego today, but it doesn't appear to be all that bad because a few teams with records close to that of Oakland also won today so it shouldn't lower our pick all that much this week.

It dropped from tie 11th to tie 15th. Horrible day for pick. But, a good day for Colt haters. Bad day for Chargers. KC looking like a good bet to win the AFC West. 2 game lead. 4 to play.

I was ok with the Raider win. But this is the last one of the season! All but knocking the Chargers out of the playoffs can't be a bad thing?

How about those Colts being 6-6? Never thought there would be a chance of them picking before our Raider pick.

i'm actually rooting for all the 6-6 teams except the raiders. friggin' sd super chokers !

Well if they were going to beat anybody, I guess San Diego would be the right one to beat. The very best we can now hope for is the seventh overall pick (and even that will be a stretch). Hopefully it can still be top ten. There are five teams with 5 wins. We need all of them to win at least one more game than the Raiders do over the last four.

That was a huge comeback for Seattle, yesterday, keeping the Pats "on track" for that coveted 33rd pick. Carolina still has 2 games left with Atlanta, so hopefully they can keep the losing going.

I was hoping that the Bengals could pull out a win yesterday, but if any of yall didn't see it, I have no idea how Marvin still has a job, but this has to be it. Up by 3 with 30 seconds left, the Saints have the ball on the Bengals 7 yeard line, it is fourth and 2. The Saints come to the line and Brees starts barking out signals, and then does the old, your lined up in the wrong spot you move here trick and returns to barking out signals. EVERYBODY IN THE STADIUM, not named Marvin Lewis, knows there is no way they are going to snap the ball, but of course, one of the Bengals jump, off-sides, first down, Brees throws the game winning TD on the next play. This team is so epically poorly coached, that I feel that they will steal the top spot from the Panthers, if the Panthers are not careful...

Well if they were going to beat anybody, I guess San Diego would be the right one to beat. The very best we can now hope for is the seventh overall pick (and even that will be a stretch). Hopefully it can still be top ten. There are five teams with 5 wins. We need all of them to win at least one more game than the Raiders do over the last four.

That was a huge comeback for Seattle, yesterday, keeping the Pats "on track" for that coveted 33rd pick. Carolina still has 2 games left with Atlanta, so hopefully they can keep the losing going.

I was hoping that the Bengals could pull out a win yesterday, but if any of yall didn't see it, I have no idea how Marvin still has a job, but this has to be it. Up by 3 with 30 seconds left, the Saints have the ball on the Bengals 7 yeard line, it is fourth and 2. The Saints come to the line and Brees starts barking out signals, and then does the old, your lined up in the wrong spot you move here trick and returns to barking out signals. EVERYBODY IN THE STADIUM, not named Marvin Lewis, knows there is no way they are going to snap the ball, but of course, one of the Bengals jump, off-sides, first down, Brees throws the game winning TD on the next play. This team is so epically poorly coached, that I feel that they will steal the top spot from the Panthers, if the Panthers are not careful...

not to be a debby downer (even though i feel like i am quickly gaining that reputation), but i think the opposite. the chargers game was THE LOCK LOSS game of the remaining schedule, the chargers are a good team statistically and they were at home, the raiders destroyed them early in the game and played well enough down the stretch to win the game.

im not confident in the jaguars, broncos and even chiefs to beat them in the last 4 weeks, they have the colts as well and as bad as they have played lately who even knows about that game.

ive been watching the raiders games alot lately and they do extremely well against divisional opponents, infact they are unbeaten in their division so far with the broncos at home and the chiefs coming up on the road. the raiders dont do so well against teams who can stop the run such as the steelers and miami (yea they stopped peyton hillis).

meanwhile, the broncos and colts anyway are TERRIBLE against the run and the jaguars and chiefs arent anything amazing either.

if the chargers beat the raiders, i would think they would fade like always, but the raiders now have a shot at the division if they beat the chiefs in week 17, they will be within one game of them with all the tiebreakers, they should have nothing to lose going forward (certainly not 1st round draft position) and should they pull out a playoff berth...

so i dont mean to ruin anyones week or anything, but the raiders arent going to go quietly into the night, not this year.

Last edited:
not to be a debby downer (even though i feel like i am quickly gaining that reputation), but i think the opposite. the chargers game was THE LOCK LOSS game of the remaining schedule, the chargers are a good team statistically and they were at home, the raiders destroyed them early in the game and played well enough down the stretch to win the game.

im not confident in the jaguars, broncos and even chiefs to beat them in the last 4 weeks, they have the colts as well and as bad as they have played lately who even knows about that game.

ive been watching the raiders games alot lately and they do extremely well against divisional opponents, infact they are unbeaten in their division so far with the broncos at home and the chiefs coming up on the road. the raiders dont do so well against teams who can stop the run such as the steelers and miami (yea they stopped peyton hillis).

meanwhile, the broncos and colts anyway are TERRIBLE against the run and the jaguars and chiefs arent anything amazing either.

if the chargers beat the raiders, i would think they would fade like always, but the raiders now have a shot at the division if they beat the chiefs in week 17, they will be within one game of them with all the tiebreakers, they should have nothing to lose going forward (certainly not 1st round draft position) and should they pull out a playoff berth...

so i dont mean to ruin anyones week or anything, but the raiders arent going to go quietly into the night, not this year.

I think you are right on the money. Hate to say it - but people are too optimistic that Raiders would tank all these last games. This is not your recent Raiders teams. I have been watching (via NFL gamepass) parts of most of Raiders games this year - naturally rooting for the other team. Unfortunately (sigh), Raiders are not that bad as in years past. I think NEP fans need to be realistic and hope we can be in the low teens for the 1st round pick. Who knows - KC might even rest players for the seasons final game if they have a 2 game lead.

I guess Raiders good due to combo of their high draft picks finally getting it together plus some stability in coaching plus getting rid of that fat lazy QB (Russell) and lastly even picking pretty good players in 2010 draft.

Thinking about that recipe for success -that is always a good mix: Stable coaching, ok QB play, good draft and able to run the ball.

I think you are right on the money. Hate to say it - but people are too optimistic that Raiders would tank all these last games. This is not your recent Raiders teams. I have been watching (via NFL gamepass) parts of most of Raiders games this year - naturally rooting for the other team. Unfortunately (sigh), Raiders are not that bad as in years past. I think NEP fans need to be realistic and hope we can be in the low teens for the 1st round pick. Who knows - KC might even rest players for the seasons final game if they have a 2 game lead.

I guess Raiders good due to combo of their high draft picks finally getting it together plus some stability in coaching plus getting rid of that fat lazy QB (Russell) and lastly even picking pretty good players in 2010 draft.

Thinking about that recipe for success -that is always a good mix: Stable coaching, ok QB play, good draft and able to run the ball.

I still think that unless ancient Al Davis quits taking his meds and does somerthing stupid, the Raiders could be 8 and 8 and we will be picking in the late teens.

Fortunately with the firing of McDaniels, Denver may pass on Dareus.

Here's the Latest From Great Blue North

#15 ~ Raiders
#33 ~ Panthers
#76 ~ Vikings

Don't lose heart, gents: Sunday was horrible, and the Raiders now DO look like an 8-8 team, even to ME. Or even 9-7.

Then, again: They're only 1 game out'f #9...and 2 games out'f #7.

Just sayin. :D

Nice day.
In addition to the New England win, both Oakland and Carolina lost.

Carolina's pick still looks like #33. Would be a little helpful if Cincy could win one just to give them some space.

Oakland's loss would have the Pats somewhere in #14-16.
(Tied right now with the first place St Louis Rams and Seattle Sea Hawks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes