PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Preseason Game 3: Patriots at Titans - Game Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots even manage to make pre season completely unfun and boring, what exactly was the purpose of Zappe playing the whole game?

3 seasons of being .500 and boring to watch, no signs of anything different coming this year other than blind faith.

Nothing worse than being middling and boring when you want to get a game changing player.

I've watched a lot of Patriots football...injuries or no injuries, pre season, regular season, whatever season...I've never seen a Pats offense look this bad...this is bad. there is absolutely nothing to build on, nothing.... if they don't get the full projected starting oline, Mac jones will get killed and they'll be a sub 20 ppg offense
I don't think anything they ran tonight with backups is in any way indicative of their prospects for the actual season.

I've watched a lot of Patriots football...injuries or no injuries, pre season, regular season, whatever season...I've never seen a Pats offense look this bad...this is bad. there is absolutely nothing to build on, nothing.... if they don't get the full projected starting oline, Mac jones will get killed and they'll be a sub 20 ppg offense

This wasn't their offense though. None of their Week 1 offensive players played tonight.

if Bill the Coach is treating September like an "extension" of the pre season, they will be 0-4. this team does not have that luxury. They cannot have a third consecutive 1-3 start. no more of this "figuring things out" bullschitt

One more thought - what a really strange preseason...we've barely seen guys playing. Mac got one quarter. Did Marcus Jones even play? Bentley?

I don't know what their joint practices looked like, but is this team remotely ready for an actual game in 16 days?

Hopefully, they've been having great and productive practices, because these preseason games have been absolutely nothing on offense. I can't remember seeing this little...ever.

That broadcast was completely unwatchable. While the football was awful, the telecast (at least the first half) was treated as nothing more than an opportunity for the Titans and the NYFL to bombard the viewers during the game with "opportunities" to buy stuff. New stadium, wine, etc.
I will never in my life watch another second pf ore season football.

Thinking back over the decades....have I ever seen a so-called NFL QB playing for the Pats worse than Zappied? Joe Kapp maybe?

One more thought - what a really strange preseason...we've barely seen guys playing. Mac got one quarter. Did Marcus Jones even play? Bentley?

I don't know what their joint practices looked like, but is this team remotely ready for an actual game in 16 days?

Hopefully, they've been having great and productive practices, because these preseason games have been absolutely nothing on offense. I can't remember seeing this little...ever.

We will find out in 2 weeks.

if Bill the Coach is treating September like an "extension" of the pre season, they will be 0-4. this team does not have that luxury. They cannot have a third consecutive 1-3 start. no more of this "figuring things out" bullschitt
Feels like a holdover from the Brady years when the offense was consistently good so they could spend more time figuring out the bottom of the roster for a deep run. Not sure how that's supposed to work when the top of the roster is in shambles.

But hey, why not wait until September to start fielding your real offense with half the skill players turned over and a new OC.

Patriots even manage to make pre season completely unfun and boring, what exactly was the purpose of Zappe playing the whole game?

3 seasons of being .500 and boring to watch, no signs of anything different coming this year other than blind faith.

Nothing worse than being middling and boring when you want to get a game changing player.
Who? Cunningham? He is not a game changing player. I have held off on this because....

1. He went undrafted as a multiple year starter at Louisville

2. The Saturday after he had his 4th quarter "heroics", which in full disclosure I bought into a bit the ACC network (the collegiate conference he played in) replayed the game from last fall of Louisville vs Boston College

And he looked like a poor man's "dual threat QB".

He is nothing special at this moment. He is an athlete with promise. Period.

The negativity on this board sucks and the Binkies almost always make zero sense.

He is NOT a game changing player!

Unless you want to be a loser franchise!

Who? Cunningham? He is not a game changing player. I have held off on this because....

1. He went undrafted as a multiple year starter at Louisville

2. The Saturday after he had his 4th quarter "heroics", which in full disclosure I bought into a bit the ACC network (the collegiate conference he played in) replayed the game from last fall of Louisville vs Boston College

And he looked like a poor man's "dual threat QB".

He is nothing special at this moment. He is an athlete with promise. Period.

The negativity on this board sucks and the Binkies almost always make zero sense.

He is NOT a game changing player!

Unless you want to be a loser franchise!

Furthermore, he will be cut and put on the practice squad. He needs a year or two of PS experience in the hope he can develop into something.

NO other team is going to claim him and put him on their 53 man roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back