PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official pregame thread.... the AFC Championship Game vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (6:40 pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching some of the pre game stuff here and there and if all you were going by was them, you'd think there is just no way the Pats can stop the Steelers offense and that the Steelers can easily duplicate a game plan that only a few teams have been able to do and they themselves have never been able to do.

Wishful thinking. A loss is a easier to hammer fans about. It's actually quite comical now. I mean now even I think that the Steelers D is as good as the Texans D. :)

Last edited:
There's supposed to be a severe weather system blowing through here during game time. Worst we've had since Matthew. If we lose power during the game, I may hurt somebody.

GO PATS!! Go out there, beat those Stillers and quiet all those doubters and haters!

There's supposed to be a severe weather system blowing through here during game time. Worst we've had since Matthew. If we lose power during the game, I may hurt somebody.

Likewise, chances of thunderstorms down here too, and I have directtv, which goes out with heavy rain. Radio backup, if no power, I guess.

I don't. I prefer the night game. Don't like them playing daytime playoff games.

I just like watching other playoff games knowing my team is already in the next round. It allows me to completely let loose. Plus I hate waiting. Not completely against playing second though.

The Truth showing his loyalty:

paulpierce

14582462_239211203187127_5906593167540486144_n.jpg

8,249 likes
49m

If I remember correctly the table Reiss compiled was made off the snaps in the game @Miami - so it should be kinda recent. So not sure about Mingo and the reduction in snaps.

Either way, personally I wouldn't wanna disrupt the ST units as the coverage on those has been brilliant all year. I'd rather take the gamble with Coleman because Jones should still be around in case of injury. Of course if we get into a situation where we lose 2 CBs its a different story..

I am happy I don't have to make those decisions..

Not that it matters much . for some reason I followed ST a bit this year . Mingo was the #1 STer used on all 4 + FG block units at the start of the season. His role started diminishing slightly with the addition of Grissom and further more with using more of McClellin. It was down to 60% @Mia and to 47% vs HOU. He is still excellent in both coverage units.

Coleman is the 6th man out anyway (if BB indeed decides so again) . the problem is they need to sit another man..

I will be very dissapointed if they don't put up a good showing after last year's debacle. They played to get back here again.

Here come the a**holes Pittsburgh, you ready?!

I have a good feeling, I don't think they can generate anything close to the pressure up front that the Texans did against Brady.

Hoping this will be the defense coming out party, prove they can stop the best!

LETS GO!!!!!!!

You have 3 WRs coming off of injuries and still in questionable health, plus a hobbled Marty Bennett who will require surgery in the offseason.

Despite what Reiss has said, I don't think you can afford to go into this game without activating Floyd. We need as many healthy bodies on deck, ready to go when needed.

Hogan looks right as rain, give him a little shot and he will be good to go I think.

Im curious how MP mixes patient app. to Bell and creative whirlwind to Ben..

Containing Bell . creating clear passing downs as much as possible . would come a long way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes