PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread Bills @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunner looked quick at least but has drops. I feel he has potential to be the elusive route runner. Harry looked super slow . Wilkerson and Nixon were okay.

Gunner should go to some pass catching and route running clinic in off-season . He has the intangibles. Just need to convert it on the field. Is gunner our next slater?? I really doubt that . I don't see how bill can just have a player specializing in punt returns unless he is all pro year on year.
Yeah he can be our next Welker/Edelman move the chains guy. It took Edelman awhile but he got really good at it.

The big risk is McDaniels and BB overcoaching and coming out and throwing the ball all over the place just to change things up.
That goes against everything we’ve seen this year. We’re going to play to our strengths. They’re not going to turn Mac Jones into prime Brees and throw it 50 times.

wait is Bourne confirmed out?? thought he was vaxxed and shot to get him back

There is still a chance for him to be back. I think he has until 4PM Saturday to have a negative test (or at least a test with a viral load low enough).

Too bad their updates weren’t reversed.

No Rham + No Bourne = No Victory.

Both Stevenson and Bourne still could play. I think Stevenson is almost a guarantee. How sick can he be?

Both Stevenson and Bourne still could play. I think Stevenson is almost a guarantee. How sick can he be?
Good thing that I'm not a hypochondriac and that I didn't just binge all of the available episodes of Station Eleven. He's most likely dead, like the rest of us will be soon.

Happy Holidays!!

Last edited:
For the bills game we need to follow two simple rules.

Rule number 1: don’t turn the ball over!

Rule number 2: take the ball away!

Nada

Agohlor drops a lot of tamales for one.

Agohlor and Bourne combined account for approximately 10 targets per game. 9 games this season, Agholar has seen 5 targets or less. Nelson Agholor Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com Bourne has seen 5 targets or less through 10 games. Kendrick Bourne Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Approximately 10 targets is not that large a deficit to fill with Meyers (102 targets), Hendry (71% catch rate), Bolden (90% catch rate), Smith and we will likely see Wilkerson or Nixon.

1. Tell me of all of Agholor’s plentiful drops this year. How many drops per game are we talking?
2. Agholor’s impact can’t be measured just in targets and catches. As a vertical threat, he can open up areas without catching the ball. For example, last week we successfully ran levels concepts. I think we’ve seen plenty this year the pats hitting routes underneath him.

1. Tell me of all of Agholor’s plentiful drops this year. How many drops per game are we talking?
2. Agholor’s impact can’t be measured just in targets and catches. As a vertical threat, he can open up areas without catching the ball. For example, last week we successfully ran levels concepts. I think we’ve seen plenty this year the pats hitting routes underneath him.
Last I looked, Agholor had ONE drop this year. It was a big one, but just one.

just another tough game for the rookie quarterback. not sure if Jones can be the reason they win Sunday. it's a team game and he needs his team to win this one. they will need some sort of defensive or teams touchdown because I don't see him being able to mount long drives with the lack of healthy receivers going up against a really great defense.
Absolutely must win the turnover battle...

Last I looked, Agholor had ONE drop this year. It was a big one, but just one.
Yeah, that was why I was asking him to go look it up. So lazy to form your narrative of a receiver on one rep. These guys take tons and tons of reps, and drops happen at some point. Gronk had one the other day. Jules used to have plenty. The best guy at limiting them was dola. But dropping a couple passes over a long span is not nearly as impactful as whether you can get open, draw coverage, or make plays on the ball. A drop isn’t really more costly than a play where the qb targets you and you didn’t run a good enough route to separate from the db, or you were slightly off your landmark, and it results in an incompletion.

This whole 17th game thing, and extra wildcard team/removal of the bye week for the 2 seed is incredibly stupid. Even if the Patriots benefit from being the only bye team, or the last playoff team in, I will never like this new playoff setup
Agreed. They should set it up so that the 6/7 play for rights to go play the 1, instead of how they’re doing it now.

He has a 59% catch rate. Lowest of all receiving options except for Gunner.

In regards to drops, look at the gamelogs from the link that I posted.

Do tell.

Defenses are not taking 2 players to double Agohlor. The Patriots have always been a passing team that takes what the defense gives up. So, Agohlor draws a single defender and the Pats hit the zone that Agohlor clears out. The same way its been done for the last 20 years.

It’s hard to say the punt returner not doing well is because the punting team has had blocked punts.
I am not saying that. I am saying that the Special Teams haven't been sharp in general.

Do tell.

Defenses are not taking 2 players to double Agohlor. The Patriots have always been a passing team that takes what the defense gives up. So, Agohlor draws a single defender and the Pats hit the zone that Agohlor clears out. The same way its been done for the last 20 years.
If this were true, it would be easy for Gunner to replace him, right?

Do tell.

Catch rate and drops aren't the same thing.

A guy going outside the numbers will have a lower catch rate than a guy going over the middle, but the guy going over the middle will probably drop more passes. A guy running deep routes will have a lower catch rate than a bubble screen champion.

Agholor isn't on the list. He's made some tough catches the last couple of games, too.

Having Harris back is a plus. I really wish this guy could just stay on the field…

I think today is an important day. If Bourne and Stevenson both make it back today, I think both definitely play on Sunday. I still think if Bourne is activated off of the COVID list tomorrow, he still plays. Not sure i Stevenson would play Sunday if he misses today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes