PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread Bills @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible, but most players miss the next game after a concussion. Anyone know Harry’s injury?
Didn’t Rham come back the next game (browns I think?) after being concussed against the panthers?
And I think we just know Harry had a head injury, same as Agholor.
Nah, Bill will just adjust the game plan.
Right, which may require a sub-optimal game plan. I’m sure Bill will adjust but feels our best game plan involves our best players.

Bills will be ready for the ground game. Need to mix things up.
They have really good safeties. The corners? Not that impressed. They can’t stop the run without selling out because their LBs and DLs are average. They don’t have the corners to sell out. Mac will throw for 350 yards if they put 8 in the box.

Didn’t Rham come back the next game (browns I think?) after being concussed against the panthers?
And I think we just know Harry had a head injury, same as Agholor.

Right, which may require a sub-optimal game plan. I’m sure Bill will adjust but feels our best game plan involves our best players.
Rham did but two others also concussed the same game did not. Harry’s history does not bode well for a quick return, but Agholor is possible if statistically unlikely. Average games missed after concussion is 1.5.

Rham did but two others also concussed the same game did not. Harry’s history does not bode well for a quick return, but Agholor is possible if statistically unlikely. Average games missed after concussion is 1.5.
Sounds right

If my memory is correct this is Harry's 3rd documented concussion as a NEP.

Unfortunately this is not new to him.

All talk about being a bust aside, i'm concerned about the kid's well-being.

Last edited:
If the Pats are flying with Slater and Olzewski getting serious offensive snaps, it's going to take defensive scores to win this game. I've given up hope on getting special teams points because the return game has been very limited the last few games. Sunday is a monumental ask for a rookie quarterback. If Harry is as important to the running game as some on here proclaim, that hampers the offense even further. Hopefully Skippy can draw up some stuff to get the ball downfield so we don't need 12 play drives to score touchdowns.

What an odd thing. We're legitimately wondering who replaces Harry.

I'm still angry about the hit on him. He was playing well and starting to build some momentum. Awful injury on a dirty play.

and no flag

Refs refused to throw flags on the Colts all night, it was almost as bad as the 2006 AFCCG.... almost.

Don't think that will be a problem. It's actually a luxury to win the way we did against them... they haven't seen a glimpse of our gameplan against them.

we can just line up in the I Formation and give McDermot and the Bills Defense PTSD

Last edited:
So no Covid in upstate new york? Just here in Mass this week? That's great.

Hope for a dominant defensive tackle, a defensive back if we don't sign JC Jackson, a free safety if we don't sign McCourty, and a #1 wide receiver. Why waste your time HOPING for a new punt returner when that is not a high priority?
How about a new Left Tackle?

Getting everyone ready for Tuesday's activities:

If the Pats are flying with Slater and Olzewski getting serious offensive snaps, it's going to take defensive scores to win this game. I've given up hope on getting special teams points because the return game has been very limited the last few games. Sunday is a monumental ask for a rookie quarterback. If Harry is as important to the running game as some on here proclaim, that hampers the offense even further. Hopefully Skippy can draw up some stuff to get the ball downfield so we don't need 12 play drives to score touchdowns.

Gunner can make some plays on offense, I don't see the need to plug Slater in when Wilkerson or Nixon can be activated from the practice squad.

Slater isn’t going to play WR anymore that Onwenu is

Slater isn’t going to play WR anymore that Onwenu is
That is something on my patriot bucket list, just one time I want to see Slater come down with a 50 yard bomb. He is like 0-17 right now. It's weird how he has the speed and ability to beat press with the best of them, but my 97 year old grandmother can track the ball in flight more then he does.

This severely limits the Patriots offense.

By the way, look up the Bills defensive stats, they are good. The corners are also good, as is the D-backfield.

I think we have to run on them. Again.

1640104203606.png

Freezing Bill Murray GIF

I am sure this has been shared before but gives a good look into magic numbers to make the playoff by playoff position.

Pats gotta win 2 of 3 to secure a post season spot, 3 of 3 for 2nd and 3rd seed gotta hope for a ton of unlikely help for 1st. I think this is going to be a really tough game this weekend, particularly if we are missing players, please COVID dont get us.... :)

I am sure this has been shared before but gives a good look into magic numbers to make the playoff by playoff position.

Pats gotta win 2 of 3 to secure a post season spot, 3 of 3 for 2nd and 3rd seed gotta hope for a ton of unlikely help for 1st. I think this is going to be a really tough game this weekend, particularly if we are missing players, please COVID dont get us.... :)

Don’t we literally just need one loss from the chiefs for the 1 seed? What’s all the tons of unlikely help?

we can just line up in the I Formation and give McDermot and the Bills Defense PTSD
Sure if 14 points is enough to win, but I doubt it.
i think the Bills will enjoy their “PTSD” if we punt 6 times in 9 drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes