PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**OFFICIAL** Pre-show discussion thread: Belichick on David Letterman show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick should skip this interview. It's probably going to go over like Brady with Costas. Letterman will take his shots and being in NY the crowd will cheer and drown Belichick out. It's not like Bill can't outwit Letterman (which isn't that hard), it's that I don't think he cares to waste his time talking to idiots.

Belichick should skip this interview. It's probably going to go over like Brady with Costas. Letterman will take his shots and being in NY the crowd will cheer and drown Belichick out. It's not like Bill can't outwit Letterman (which isn't that hard), it's that I don't think he cares to waste his time talking to idiots.

Brady's been trying to take the high road. Unfortunately I don't think that's the best PR move, because it assumes people have a level of intellect and integrity to recognize it - which on the whole, people most certainly do not.

Belichick won't be afraid to be an A-Hole up there, which is what he needs to be, and what he was in the Saturday presser when he pulled a Doug Baldwin and took a crap on everything the NFL had. I have no fear about Belichick talking about this issue. He's smarter than whoever he is talking to, and he gives less a **** then whoever he is talking to. He has the upper hand.

Wait your turn, Mr. Letterman!!!!!!

Looks like Dave is going to be SECOND in line to interview Belichick! :)

518625328_c_570_411.jpg

New England Patriots ✔ @Patriots
Yup! He's next -JM RT @Repo: can we get Lil Mayo to interview Belichick in her chairs?

No worries I'm from NY & i'll be at Letterman Rockin my Brady Jersey. GO PATS!

If Letterman asks Bill to do Top 10 List, I wonder what it will be?! lol

Letterman will be nice to BB. And BB will be charming. He'll have one-liners ready, I am sure of it.

That's what I'm thinking too. He's going to come as a charming guy. People will warm up to him. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Reminder Bump!

Belichick will be on Letterman tonight (Wednesday, Feb. 11) at 11:35 PM on CBS. Make sure to set your DVR or tune in when the time comes.

BTW, Letterman HATES the Pats. Dude bleeds Colts blue.

This has all the makings of another sting operation. ;)

BB must feel pretty damn confident about the Ted Wells investigation because he truly is slinging his balls on the table doing the Letterman show at this point in time.

I still have a bad feeling about this.

Letterman is retiring in a couple of months. It's his show. His audience. He's a big Colt fan and Manning footy pajama wearer.

I see alot of excited Patsfans here about this and I hope I'm wrong, but Dave is going to take his shots. He's not a kiss ass like Leno. Letterman has absolutely nothing to lose by being a jerk to him. I hope BB is ready for it.

Letterman will be nice to BB. And BB will be charming. He'll have one-liners ready, I am sure of it.
Yeah, it's going to be BB doing his understatement shtick and probably "We're on to" whatever. It wouldn't surprise me if Letterman has a flat football as a prop for purposes of "conversation."

It occurs to me that BB deserves credit for several contributions to the American vernacular. He popularized "It is that it is," "Do your job" and now, "We're on to ... " If Letterman was smart, he'd pick up on that.

That's what I'm thinking too. He's going to come as a charming guy. People will warm up to him. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Why? The grumpy bear persona suits him to a T.

Yeah, it's going to be BB doing his understatement shtick and probably "We're on to" whatever. It wouldn't surprise me if Letterman has a flat football as a prop for purposes of "conversation."

It occurs to me that BB deserves credit for several contributions to the American vernacular. He popularized "It is that it is," "Do your job" and now, "We're on to ... " If Letterman was smart, he'd pick up on that.
I tend to agree........

Attachments

• Belichick-Letterman-CBS.jpg
    Belichick-Letterman-CBS.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 20
I still have a bad feeling about this.

Letterman is retiring in a couple of months. It's his show. His audience. He's a big Colt fan and Manning footy pajama wearer.

I see alot of excited Patsfans here about this and I hope I'm wrong, but Dave is going to take his shots. He's not a kiss ass like Leno. Letterman has absolutely nothing to lose by being a jerk to him. I hope BB is ready for it.
I would think its already agreed what'll be said and done during the segment.

I hope Belichick knocks a few of Letterman's teeth out....then that goofy smile will look even goofier!

I would think its already agreed what'll be said and done during the segment.

Letterman is notorious for breaking those rules.

Just ask Cher, Madonna, Julia Roberts......

Personally, I hope Belichick pulls a Pekar:

Last edited:

LOL and I hope BB pulls a Crispin Glover

Last edited:

I didn't know people can be that psycho...WOW! He had balls for a nobody...

I want a surprise guest, Tom Brady reading the Top Ten list on how/who was involved in the deflating of Patriot footballs.
I could be wrong but I don't believe Tom has done any TV since the SB. He is WAAAAY overdue.
The show tapes around 5 or 530 so we'll find out shortly via media leaks how the show went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore